Which Seasons of LW will be free in "Complete the Cycle"?

Lavafrost.2830

I was reading over the post that said Living World episodes would be "spotlighted", but it also mentioned that there would be new achievements for a precursor for Living World Seasons 2 and 3. I might be confused, but I've asked in game and gotten mixed answers. Is this spotlight only having Living World Seasons 2 and 3, or will it also have 4 and IBS?

I was just reading the advertisement for this and it says, "Beginning May 25, we’ll spotlight two episodes of Living World Season 2 each week, in chronological order. Log in during the week to unlock the episodes for free!"

Hope this is the answer to at least part of  your question

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/return-to-living-world-season-2-story-begins-may-25/

Just now, Zushada.6108 said:

I was just reading the advertisement for this and it says, "Beginning May 25, we’ll spotlight two episodes of Living World Season 2 each week, in chronological order. Log in during the week to unlock the episodes for free!"

Hope this is the answer to at least part of  your question

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/return-to-living-world-season-2-story-begins-may-25/

Yeah, I had read that and it didn't feel entirely clear if they all were free, or just 2 and 3. I had just bought PoF and was going to buy season 4 and IBS if they weren't going to be free soon.

All Seasons (including Icebrood Saga) will be offered at no cost.

Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

They will include the new achievements only with the release of each Episode, thus all Episodes will be offered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Do you think the new achievements will still be available for those of us who have already unlocked & played every LW episode? I generally log in every day, but for those who have already played all the lw stories, will a weekly login & repeat LW play-throughs also be required to access the new achievements?

I wish there was more information available 🙂 Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Crunchbone.7341 said:

Do you think the new achievements will still be available for those of us who have already unlocked & played every LW episode? I generally log in every day, but for those who have already played all the lw stories, will a weekly login & repeat LW play-throughs also be required to access the new achievements?

I wish there was more information available 🙂 Thanks!

It is new achievements ofcourse they will be for everyone they want new and old players to mix obviously.

Sorry, I  did not use the right words...what I meant was if people already have all the episodes & have done them previously, will they still need to log in each week to activate new versions of each LW episode or could the new achievements still be done at a later time on the basis of having obtained all the LW's before this May?

I am looking very forward to playing these over (with old & new players joining) with a new character, but I have not fully levelled up yet & still need to reach level 80 & play my personal story.

Edited by Crunchbone.7341

59 minutes ago, Crunchbone.7341 said:

Sorry, I  did not use the right words...what I meant was if people already have all the episodes & have done them previously, will they still need to log in each week to activate new versions of each LW episode or could the new achievements still be done at a later time on the basis of having obtained all the LW's before this May?

I am looking very forward to playing these over (with old & new players joining) with a new character, but I have not fully levelled up yet & still need to reach level 80 & play my personal story.

If you already have the episodes the achievements should unlock, they have asid they are permanent and can be done at a later date.

You really dont login to the game even once for over a week?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That is exactly what I was also concluding from the informationen we have received through the official announcements (there were two, if I recall correctly?).

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

If you already have the episodes the achievements should unlock, they have asid they are permanent and can be done at a later date.

This. No worries for veteran players. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2021 at 1:04 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

They will include the new achievements only with the release of each Episode, thus all Episodes will be offered.

This event only offers seasons 2 and 3.

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And the fall/autumn? 

Were you expecting to wrap everything up this summer? 

Well, they need to release the new expansion some time.  Show me your source that says season 4 is coming.  This is not the hill you want to die on.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829

3 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Well, they need to release the new expansion some time.  Show me your source that says season 4 is coming.  This is not the hill you want to die on.

Show a source stating it isn't.  The meta achievement includes LS4 and IBS and it's safe to say that the individual meta achievements will be weekly just as they are now meaning that those seasons will get spotlight weeks for their episodes.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1

Just now, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Show me your source that says it is.

I edited my post so you may have missed it but:

The meta achievement includes LS4 and IBS and it's safe to say that the individual meta achievements will be weekly just as they are now meaning that those seasons will get spotlight weeks for their episodes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I edited my post so you may have missed it but:

The meta achievement includes LS4 and IBS and it's safe to say that the individual meta achievements will be weekly just as they are now meaning that those seasons will get spotlight weeks for their episodes.

Do you have a link?

9 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Do you have a link?

The same one that you linked............................ (breathe)...................

Actually, I'll just make this my last post addressing you on this matter.  If the below doesn't satisfy you then I will make a mental note to post later in this thread or another a source that directly/explicitly proves that LS4 and LS5 episodes will also be given for free.

Let's look at the section of the very article that you linked above paragraph by paragrap.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-summer-2021/

Living World is the story of the dragon cycle, and now is the perfect time to look at everything that’s happened on the path that brought us here. Join the mission to catch up on Living World episodes you’ve missed—for free—and jump-start your legendary journey in Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons! (Legendaries confirmed.)

With the first sentence you can see them speaking about the dragon cycle and everything that has brought us to here.  "Here" being where we are in the story with both Jormag and Primordus dead.  Living world also isn't just seasons 2 and 3 as it didn't suddenly end when LS3 did.  Looking at the final sentence you'll see that they say we'll be able to catch up on all Living World episodes which we missed and unlock for free.  Did they state just LS2 and LS3?  No.  We know that the Living World episodes are LS2, LS3, LS4, and LS5.

Here's a link about the Living World in case you have some confusion: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World

Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

The first sentence simply states the order that the episodes will enter the spotlight with the second sentence stating that they will be free during their spotlight week.  Again, nothing here states that it'll just be for LS2 and LS3.  They've been speaking in the context of the entire Living World with includes all of the seasons.  The third sentence speaks about one of the rewards which is what players get for completing the second tier of the meta achievement.  The second tier being for seasons 2 and 3 if you're doing them in order.

The meta achievement that they're referring to is the one with 24 items that you will see in current events.  Currently only only complete the first item which is the spotlight week for the first two LS2 episodes.  Note that they state that the meta achievement is for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga. This means that LS4 and LS5 (they call it IBS) will be a part of that achievement.  Currently progressing that achievement requires completing a smaller meat achievement specific to a spotlight week.  It pretty reasonable to assume that this would continue past LS3 and the other two season will have spotlight weeks as well with their own individual meta achievement.

Now if you don't want to believe any of this then that's fine.  I will post here, or in another thread, a source that directly proves that LS4 and LS5 will get spotlight episodes which will be free to everyone.  Whether this is a post by Anet, a blog post, or the actual patch notes.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Do you have a link?

49 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Read the section that says "Beginning May 25 - Living World: Complete the Cycle." The "Complete the Cycle" part may be a hint. 😉 You seem to be misinterpreting that completing S2 and S3 will reward a gen 3 precursor as you only get S2 and S3 free. You get all seasons (and most likely IBS) free.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...