Deadeye rifle build wanted for open world

Hesione.9412

Does anyone have a DE rifle build that is suitable for solo open-world and DRMs? I had a look at metabattle, their one has no 2021 comments, and the community rating is "good" rather than "great".

I was hoping that Vallun,  @Lord Hizen.5918 , or Mighty Teapot would have put one out on YouTube. I would @ the other two, but I don't know the account names.

Can't go too far wrong with this, I've been using it to solo dragon response missions and the bonus is that it will work for WvW quite happily without changing gear. I use vampirism runes over pack runes as the life gain on kill along with invigorating precision keeps you healed up very nicely, and I use mercy and roll for initiative over signets to manage ini and give more pistol whip spam, but the general idea is the same. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 2

I don't know what they've covered but see if they have some other thief videos. Whatever the signature part of one of those builds might be that you're interested in playing a lot of should translate to rifle de build. My base line build right now is CS-Trick-DE but I have three builds for hitting crowds or supporting groups and squads that are mirrors of each other but are core, DrD, and DE respectively. 

I use rifle mostly for movement and positioning and then for Snipers Cover when I want to post up but it's only kind of good in crowds with SA Cloaked in Shadow or Rending Shade if you're leeching health or supplementing damage from interrupts. But then 2nd weapon kit probably does that better, especially Cloak and Dagger. Rifle with Silent Scope and Cloaked in Shadow works out alright to soften up the mob and keep you up some while you focus on a target at a time if you're talking about going mob to mob. Marauders is simple and some open world stuff can get weird. 

You want to break bars in open world or WvW so think about your bar slots and 2nd weapons kit along with something that covers what rifle doesn't or works well with rifle. I like S/D because Infiltrators Strike and Death's Retreat distances work an area together really well and CnD is fluid and snappy and does a lot quickly. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

I don't know what they've covered but see if they have some other thief videos. Whatever the signature part of one of those builds might be that you're interested in playing a lot of should translate to rifle de build. My base line build right now is CS-Trick-DE but I have three builds for hitting crowds or supporting groups and squads that are mirrors of each other but are core, DrD, and DE respectively. 

I use rifle mostly for movement and positioning and then for Snipers Cover when I want to post up but it's only kind of good in crowds with SA Cloaked in Shadow or Rending Shade if you're leeching health or supplementing damage from interrupts. But then 2nd weapon kit probably does that better, especially Cloak and Dagger. Rifle with Silent Scope and Cloaked in Shadow works out alright to soften up the mob and keep you up some while you focus on a target at a time if you're talking about going mob to mob. Marauders is simple and some open world stuff can get weird. 

You want to break bars in open world or WvW so think about your bar slots and 2nd weapons kit along with something that covers what rifle doesn't or works well with rifle. I like S/D because Infiltrators Strike and Death's Retreat distances work an area together really well and CnD is fluid and snappy and does a lot quickly. 

Also this. I also prefer S/D rifle on deadeye for duelling and general roaming, but the S/P build is better for PvE in my opinion because of the blinds and better CC for breakbars. In general you can't go too far wrong with a CS/trick/DE build, everything else is personal preference. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Can't go too far wrong with this, I've been using it to solo dragon response missions and the bonus is that it will work for WvW quite happily without changing gear. I use vampirism runes over pack runes as the life gain on kill along with invigorating precision keeps you healed up very nicely, and I use mercy and roll for initiative over signets to manage ini and give more pistol whip spam, but the general idea is the same. 

Looks pretty close to mine with a few things shuffled around. But it works and that's all that counts. :classic_cool:

41 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

For open world (not strikes) is not better the shortbow thou because of the bouncing?

Rifle has has Piercing on 2, but it's mainly for hard hitting single target damage. Best for elites and bosses. That said, take both. That's what I do.

Edited by Zacchary.6183

Just go full berserker with scholar runes. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAQhrlNwkYXYmYZbd/aB-zRIYRUwXEVUA2OA-e

Use F1 + 3333 PEW PEW PEW PEW (no need to kneel, waste of time), and that's all.  No need for more. 100% precision, quickness, >10 mights, a lot of damage bonus... one or two skills for sustain... 

Why make things gimmicky and complicated for OW ?  (A mod you may spend hours killling boring trash mobs)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The same Trickery - Crit Strikes - Deadeye build that everyone is posting, with whatever mix of Marauder and Berserker gear you want, has served me incredibly well. Trickery has decent built-in damage modifiers and the extra initiative helps a lot.

Imo, the main details to keep in mind when customizing this are:

1. Don't copy the raid deadeye builds (e.g. on Snow Crows), they make the resource management 10x more annoying to squeeze out a little bit of extra damage.

2. Invigorating Precision makes you near-immortal in a lot of PvE situations. (You can Switch to No Quarter if you *really* don't need sustain.)

3. BQoBK can be fun but M7 is way stronger (for both DPS and survival) in any kind of prolonged advantage — i.e anytime you fight a foe that isn't a total pushover already.

4. You'll want a stun break, but besides that both the flat bonuses and activation benefits of Assassin's Signet and Signet of Agility are really good for PvE.

5. Keep a Shortbow to fight groups, and either D/P or S/P for extra CC and melee potential.

6. Buy a stack of Termite Shovels for tons of extra breakbar power on demand. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Termite_Shovel

Here's an example of a full build (with some blank space to pick your favorite sigils) if you want to compare to what everyone else is posting: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAQVlVw2YYsLmJW2XnvKA-zRIYRU9XGREQVUA2OA-e