How is pchrono after the may 11th patch?

Hallow.7368

Idk to me it feels like Mesmer as a class has been completely gutted.

Edit: To be clear, this is about gameplay and feel of the class. About how unique it is and what it provides, what tricks you can pull etc. I put the focus on that because you talked about things you "liked", not dps or anything similar.

Edited by rabenpriester.7129
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Hallow.7368 said:

I was trying out a bunch of other classes to see if there was anything else in the game I liked, but I think pchrono is far and away the most fun with a class I've had. How is it after the may 11th changes?

It's 'fine' depending on the game mode and what you expect from it.  If you enjoy the playstyle then keep at it.  

• Thanks 1

I would not bother unless you really enjoy power chrono or need constant boon rip that is only 1 deep: in order to have DPS above other classes you need to use Danger Time with near 100% slow uptime. Otherwise you have a power class that has a delay on it (due to fencer's finesse plus + chronophantasma as well as reliance on vulnerability stacks), making it similar to a fast ramp condi that doesn't have peak burst over 50K. In addition, if you run Improved Alacrity your alacrity will need to be partly self-generated from shatters or wells because you will drop alacrity otherwise.

In my opinion, hitting the Danger Time 10% damage bonus along with Time warp was already enough. Slashing Seize the Moment to 1s and Chronophantasma along with it was heavy handed.

• Thanks 3

The danger time nerf + chronophantansma nerf were too much.

Chronophantasma, well okai; seems "normal" to nerf a bit the free phantasms even in pve.

Danger Time should be more rewarding :  apply slow isn't that easy and common (compared to weakness, or chill for Weaver, reaper ..etc) mostly with Time Warp change; it's very situational and you need to build your group for it : 2 or 3 chrono with Time Warp, may be DH with 2 traps, etc,  plus obviously it doesn't work well on short phases / invulnerability phases.

So if you play Danger time, and you build your squad for it, for a specific encounter, you should be rewarded with more than just 15% precision but damage modificator.

It was the exact same thing with the old  Epidemic scourge. "What !? For only one boss, player are consulting to use class mechanic !? 😠And it's not even that effective compared to any other compo, just easier.  Better nerf the skill by 50% 😃" Why !?

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

"balance" patch, what a riot. After many years of abuse I thought Anet had finally grown a braincell, but it seems it died pretty quickly. I haven't been this salty in three years. 

People will always be overusing the current meta and there is always a current meta. Why oh why would you put in yet *more* op support classes.