Is necro strong in PvP right now? All necro types...

From personal experience many players are playing necro right now.

Many seem to be favoring scourge, but I do see reapers more often than warrior, and core necros more often than any other core class besides maybe core guard.

Is something up with necro?

Is there a reason why so many players are playing it?

Personally, I can't see why anyone would want to play a dps support tank that takes 2 players to kill.

• Like 1

When damage was reduced across the board in February 2020, it was an indirect buff to necromancer because a decrease in damage on all classes, is the same as an increase in effective health for a necro. Necromancers became tankier, meaning they can now take more aufensive skills and traits and maintain the same relative damage they did before patch.

This isn't exclusive to necromancer though. The same relative increase in effective health applies for every class, bunker's...damage dealers...but the ones who lose out here are the damage dealers, because tanks never needed to do damage in the first place...they just needed to tank, and so they also got a boost in effective health from the Feb patch. Condition-Bunker builds gained popularity for this reason, and that's why Scourge is around. 

Right now, Power Reapers, Power DH and a small selection of other power damage dealers are needed to keep scourges and bunker guardians in check. Balance is tipping on the tightest rope right now...and if these things get nerfed or removed, I do not see anything capable of stopping a full on condition-bunker meta.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 1

When I enter a PVP match, and I usually play as thief or engineer, if I see there's a necro on the other team, and no necro in mine, I'm just leaving the match right away, I prefer to wait 30 min than waste time with unkilable necros. I NEVER won a match againg a team with more necros than mine, heck I never KILLED a necro this season in 1x1 or even 2x1... Necros are seriously unbalanced, this must change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ivansc.9216 said:

When I enter a PVP match, and I usually play as thief or engineer, if I see there's a necro on the other team, and no necro in mine, I'm just leaving the match right away, I prefer to wait 30 min than waste time with unkilable necros. I NEVER won a match againg a team with more necros than mine, heck I never KILLED a necro this season in 1x1 or even 2x1... Necros are seriously unbalanced, this must change.

What engineer build do you play and at what rating? I might be able to help you with your necro problem.

1 hour ago, ivansc.9216 said:

As thief i decimate all necros 1v1. You just need to reset the fight once or twice. 

If you stay in to facetank the necro burst you will die ye. 😄

Necros are strong vs other non mobile classes like guard, ele since those arent able to reset like thieves can. 

Especially at low rating this is an issue since ppl dont kite. They just stand in front of eachother untill they die.  

24 minutes ago, ivansc.9216 said:

holo, and im 1200

That doesn't give me a whooole lot to work with. I was curious what kind of engi you play. Nade Holo, Prot Holo, Elixir Rifle, Condi Holo... The build you play dictates whether or not you'll want to be engaging necro 1v1 or not.

Generally speaking, they have a favorable matchup against us because they can lock us down, corrupt our boons, and out brawl us, but some engi builds like Prot Holo are able to flip the matchup into their favor in a 1v1. 

As far as thief goes. Deadeye has a field day with necros of all varieties. Things get harder if they have a support guard/tempest on their team, but if they don't... it's free game. 

48 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

What engineer build do you play and at what rating? I might be able to help you with your necro problem.

I main thief and love it to play again necros. It was always like this and the last patches didn't change that. I currently trying a DE build again and necros fall like flies ^^

I'm a Reaper main and I can confirm- thieves, and especially deadeyes, are kryptonite. My only recourse is to disengage and find someone else on my team to save me. Or as is often the case, use every tool I have to keep the thief busy for as long as possible before succumbing to the inevitable.

I've run across specs from every class that can brutalize me and I haven't notice any significant changes on that front lately. I'm still in the same tier I was in the last 2 seasons. As a Reaper, I'm getting matched against the influx of Scourge players now since we're both necros. If Scourge is as OP as being complained about, it's the non-Scourge necros that have to overcome and deal with it the most.

• Like 1

A class that gets 31, 000 life with a carrion amulet is kinda alot compaired to what it gives a class with 11k hp. Some thing feels terribly wrong with gw2 and pvp these days. And the devs dont want to make any positive changes. A balance once every year is not enough. But they know that. They just dont care. 

• Confused 3

On 6/3/2021 at 7:26 AM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Condition-Bunker builds gained popularity for this reason, and that's why Scourge is around. 

Scourge is power btw, avatar amulet instead of sage

Edited by Tayga.3192