new bonus event achi broken? - Return to Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad

11 minutes ago, TristisOris.2165 said:

Done it twice, nobody to talk when copter arrived. Only got a mail on exit.

Other peoples got achi on alts who never done this mission before.

Did you enter via the green map marker or the purple "retry" one? I haven't started on this week's chieves yet. Sort of waiting to see how much needs to be fixed before wading in, so I'm watching these threads closely.

23 minutes ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

Did you enter via the green map marker or the purple "retry" one? I haven't started on this week's chieves yet. Sort of waiting to see how much needs to be fixed before wading in, so I'm watching these threads closely.

pink for me

Just now, reddie.5861 said:

pink for me

I believe you have to enter instances via the green markers for them to count towards the achievement. At least, that was what I was led to believe during the first week of the event. I haven't tried the other markers to verify, but some others are mentioning that here too.

Yo ucan do it using a character that never done it before. I completed all achievements.
It looks like the purple replay star doesnt work for caithe's instance.
Just a character to start the episode from beginning. When you are done with the caith's instance you get a mail, read it and instantly go to the NPC closeby and talk and you will complete the achievement for new bonus event.

20 minutes ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

I believe you have to enter instances via the green markers for them to count towards the achievement. At least, that was what I was led to believe during the first week of the event. I haven't tried the other markers to verify, but some others are mentioning that here too.

hmm all the other including previos week i have done with pink one just this 1 is causing problems.

21 minutes ago, reddie.5861 said:

hmm all the other including previos week i have done with pink one just this 1 is causing problems.

I've just stuck with the green and JUST completed this achievement. One weird thing, I got the email for the next chapter before speaking with Tactician Envolt, so I *almost* jetted out of there before the chapter was complete.

Complete ALL of the objectives which includes those after the instance.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Caithe's_Reconnaissance_Squad

If you're doing the episode from the start, and thus have the green icon when going through the instance, you can quickly tell in the top right of the screen as to whether that story step is complete after coming out of the instance.  If there are other steps... do them.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

If you're doing the episode from the start, and thus have the green icon when going through the instance, you can quickly tell in the top right of the screen as to whether that story step is complete after coming out of the instance.  If there are other steps... do them.

nice that worked 😄

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Tried this and did not work for me, sadly. I will probably try a different character next, but it's extremely frustrating to have wasted the time.

Also, using the violet markers worked before, so it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't work here too? Is there a way to access the green markers aside from playing through the whole story? This is the only way I know to do that.

3 minutes ago, hawkeye.5421 said:

Tried this and did not work for me, sadly. I will probably try a different character next, but it's extremely frustrating to have wasted the time.

Also, using the violet markers worked before, so it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't work here too? Is there a way to access the green markers aside from playing through the whole story? This is the only way I know to do that.

As I said in my post, there are steps after the instance.  Doing the instance through the purple icons does not progress the story per the warning you receive when trying to enter.  Since it doesn't progress the story then you do not have access to those story steps upon leaving the instance.

• Like 1

Had the same problem. This is very frustrating. I like the new achievements but they really need to make it more clear. Also, in my bonus achievement list it has Season 2 Episode 6 first then Season 2 episode 5 stuff. I would think they would be in order, but that's just me I guess.

Edited by StormyFae.2761

3 hours ago, StormyFae.2761 said:

Had the same problem. This is very frustrating. I like the new achievements but they really need to make it more clear. Also, in my bonus achievement list it has Season 2 Episode 6 first then Season 2 episode 5 stuff. I would think they would be in order, but that's just me I guess.

I think it's alphabetical, or some other order.  I can't remember if you can change it, or not. 

22 hours ago, TristisOris.2165 said:

5min ago patch

• Fixed an issue that prevented the Return to Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad achievement from completing when players replayed the Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad story instance.

ty anet!)

I tried it Tuesday night on a purple star. No credit.

A little research and I found that doing all the prerequisite steps should fix the problem. I tried it last night and it worked. By the time stamp on the OP's post I quote here, it would seem it was fixed by then anyway. Or maybe not. As I came out of the instance, somebody in the map was complaining about it not working for them.

The point I really want to make is the following: in the last two weeks (episodes 1-4), we did not need to do the running around for bread crumbs in the open world before doing our purple-star instances. This week, we did need to. No biggie in the end, but a lot of customers got confused and dissatisfied after wasting time following the previous weeks' pattern. Oversight? Bug? Feature? It was not clear. I say that once the first two weeks pattern was established, it should be kept as is for all characters who have already done these story instances.

Completed 5 today no credit.  Did all pre/post steps.

Continued and completed 6.  Got credit for 6.

Restarted 5.  There was a purple star next to Blue Oasis in Silverwastes:  "Replay:  Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad" either was not there before or I missed it.  Enter the purple instance and got email and credit immediately after the last step "get on the chopper."