What's your favorite unreleased mount?

Fenom.9457

@Nyel.1843 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Based on the art, that shaman's digging, and leaks. Note the griffon may not be canceled but for S4, but we don't know.

What art? What is "shaman's digging"? Which leaks? I would like to vote but I haven't seen those unreleased mounts yet lol

Corgi was in the art from I think a guild chat. That shaman has made videos of spider and tiger mounts. The leaks watch back around flashpoint showed a griffon

If you look at all the movement possibilities, we have:

• Long jump
  • High jump
  • Hover
  • Teleport
  • Gliding
  • Limited grappling hook (Oakheart essence)

Basically all that's left is double jump and climbing on walls and ceilings.

The spider could have been a neat choice for climbing or unlimited grappling hook by shooting web strings, but it would make more sense in a place with more walls, like large underground cave in the Depths of Tyria or in a forest with giant trees like Echovald.

Then you got the griffing, which seems like the kind of mount that would be able to jump high by flapping its wings, but not as high as a springer, and then flap the wings in the air to get more height. So it would be able to jump again in the air to reach ledges right above and ahead, higher than the raptor can reach and farther than the springer can go, but still not able to go fast enough to reach as fast as raptor or flap its wings enough times to get as high as a springer. So there could have been a lot of room for it to reach ledges that are just out of reach from the other mounts while still not allowing the griffin to reach all the places the other mounts can reach.

I'm hoping we'll get the griffon as the living world season 4 mastery. Season 3 was a bit disappointing in general because of the hit and miss.

• Counter magic is definitely cool, but it's not used in that many places.
  • Thermal Propulsion is absolutely great, but not many places that could use it got it. No thermal tubes got added near existing thermal and voclanic places like Maelstrom's Core or Zelechor Hot Springs.
  • Koda's Flame was completely meh and limited to one spot.
  • Spectral Aid is arguably the best as it works almost everywhere. Specially if you are a necromacner or guardian.
  • Oakheart's Reach was definitely the most fun, but still limited to one map.
  • And Siren of Orr is definitely powerful, but it is also limited to one spot and its full potential almost never happens.

But 4 tracks of a griffon mastery category could be something awesome. A next story chapter comes, you learn a new mastery, you can go to the previous map and reach a place you could not reach before. And wherever you go the griffon and all its masteries come with you.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:anyone who knows anything will vote for commander grub mount in wvwimagine the gloryIt always bothered me how there's only 2 of those beasts in Eternal Battlegrounds. And how they are essentially useless and unrelated to the Mist War. Granted that WvW maps are also PvE maps, but I still don't like pointless PvE that won't do anything to get any warscore for your world.

But imagine if they added a third creature, like a Giant Swamp Drake Broodmother or a Green Wyvern for the green section. And then put all 3 at more or less the same distance from their corresponding keep in an empty area that is usually less traveled and out of the way. And that you could actually fight them to capture them and use them as mounts, turning into mobile siege platforms that a player can use to mount if they got the WvW mastery for it, and that can damage gates like golems, but that hit a bit harder than superior golems, are a bit tougher, and have a defiance bar.

Something similar could be done with other pointless creatures that have events in the borderlands, like the Warg. Since the harpy and the wurm are not very mount-like, they could be replaced creatures that could use mount existing animations on a saddle like a devourer, skelk, behemoth, moose, or marmox. Since these are too weak and can be killed to fast to turn them into essentially siege golems like the EB champions, after capturing the veterans you'd just get to mount them for a 40% speed boost and you'd be able to bring them to a nearby camp or other objective and use their engage skill to unleash them against the NPCs there, to get a little help capturing the objective and quite a lot of fun. And if they survive the fight, you get to mount them again to the next location.

Archived