Game crashes when 2 zergs clash to fight in WvW

Getting reports from multiple people from my squad.. some using arcdps.. some that are not.  Both crashing when our squad starts to fight another squad.  Even someone using Geforce Now crashed.

Not sure what exactly is causing it, but this needs to be addressed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Are you using d912pxy? If you are try using dxvk instead. d912pxy breaks often with patches and today there was a patch. One of those patches was to fix a server crash, the other for a story achievement.

Using 0 addons..

Got the error message though..

error: assertion: "..\..\..\Engine\Gr\GrBound.cpp", "(m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.x) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.y) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.z)", 94

• Like 1

Not sure if it's related, but I've crashed twice today in PvE in the same module but different assertion. Both times in the Cursed Shore map.

*--> Crash <--*
Assertion: minBoxDist <= m_sphereRadius 
File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\GrBound.cpp(302)
App: Gw2-64.exe 
Pid: 18872
BaseAddr: 00007FF7E26F0000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 116268

I haven't had a client crash in at least 6 months and now two in one day.  Kind of weird....

Been happening not only in WvW but PvE maps as well ever since Wednesday's patch.

Jun 10 16:41:19 error: intercepted crash from gw2 assertion fail
Jun 10 16:41:19 error: assertion: "..\..\..\Engine\Gr\GrBound.cpp", "(m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.x) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.y) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.z)", 94

Edit: I notice there's a new nVidia driver 466.77 released just today so going to install that and see if there's any more crashes.

Edited by Chaba.5410

I just came to see if it was me but yeah, no. Same error about that grbound.cpp file and the sphereradius tolerance, no plugins here either.

First one was yesterday, using my skyscale to come back for second Teq burn after jumping off the pod.

The second one right now, engaging with my skyscale at a jade construct in Bloodstone Fen.

Both times using the skyscale but if you guys also crashed in wvw then it can't be. Or it's something that also uses that file and its code is messed up after the last patch.

It's just annoying because it happens randomly and like with Teq, it's a world boss happening once every several real life hours and losing the rewards too since you can't just come back keeping your progress (if you are lucky to land in the same map, doubt). It can easily mess up something you've been doing for a long time and you don't have time to repeat or wait for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...