Overflowing accountbond materials

13 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

It is not a chore. It is unrewarding and sad. But since you can not discuss here in the forum without sassy comments.

"If you like to have a game full of useless items that you just throw away. It's after all very realistic in our throwaway society ..."

Oh?  I must have misunderstood the posts lamenting the effort needed to dispose of unwanted materials.

My bad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

We've already been through this. Personally, I don't care if that's the option, but the fact remains that you still use 2 clicks per stack there just like during deleting, so it's putting in work that you pretend is a QoL change, but in reality it doesn't change anything.

Wonder when you'll stop dodging when you know you're wrong 😆 

As far as I know, we already agreed that I'm wrong and you're right about whatever you wish, so you can savor the feeling of victory and smile, as you have already bested me in this battle of wits.

---

! The following paragraph is not an argument and is not aimed at Sobx, his associates, family or pets or anyone else. 

It is simply my opinion. I think such clarification is required just in case of a misunderstanding. !

In my opinion being able to vendor unwanted account bound ascended items even for nothing of value at all would improve my enjoyment of the game. 

I would find it quite handy to be able to see all the unwanted items in a convenient list, especially as I'm using invisible bags for the things I like to keep and could simply click on an item on the top of the vendor window and hover my cursor over the sell button, then frantically click it till the whole list is empty.

This would be very simple and convenient compared to the current way of cleaning my inventory, it would also be quicker.

I'm also using large UI size to be able to see the health bars and condition lists of my allies better, and have quite small resolution because I'm playing on a potato pc, so I unfortunately can not open my inventory and see all the items I'm carrying at once in my bags without scrolling a lot, so I often forget to clean things up until I have to free up some slots.

Seeing them every time in the vendor window would make it a lot harder to forget :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Tiilimon.6094 said:

As far as I know, we already agreed that I'm wrong and you're right about whatever you wish, so you can savor the feeling of victory and smile, as you have already bested me in this battle of wits.

---

Oh, my bad then! But if that's true then please make sure to explain what exactly was the purpose of that "wonder what that guy will..." part? 🙄 

You fail to respond to anything when you understand you're wrong and yet keep trying to be snarky, while failing miserably with your made up stories and pseudo-arguments. The moment you get called out, you go with... this type of response, again.

Just like you can't be "not-managing inventory and managing it at the same time", you can't really "not direct it at that guy" while actively typing out "wonder what that guy will say now" at the same time. Pick a lane and if you don't have anything valid to respond, then stop pretending you're taking a high road when you're clearly not. 🙃 

In my opinion being able to vendor unwanted account bound ascended items even for nothing of value at all would improve my enjoyment of the game. 

That's great. In my opinion, if something achieves nothing (like that idea and I already specified above why I think it achieves nothing), then it's not worth implementing into the game and is nothing more than a waste of time and resources.

I would find it quite handy to be able to see all the unwanted items in a convenient list, especially as I'm using invisible bags for the things I like to keep and could simply click on an item on the top of the vendor window and hover my cursor over the sell button, then frantically click it till the whole list is empty.

This would be very simple and convenient compared to the current way of cleaning my inventory, it would also be quicker.

If you keep "your needed stuff" in invisible bags, probably at the bottom of your bag slots, then you already have that "handy list of items" the very moment you press "I" to open inventory. Then instead of sorting anything for "convenient vendor selling" (because you would still need to sort them if you REALLY wanted to just hover over the sell button and sell everything in one sweep), you could grab the unwanted stack of mats and delete it in two clicks, just like you would during vendoring it for free. Except this time you wouldn't need to sort it in any way beforehand, which can lead to overal smaller amount of clicks and preperations before getting rid of them.

ℹ️ I feel this is important to note that this is not something I absolutely need or want you to do, this is just helping you count the clicks to make sure you don't strain your finger from all the effort of the individual clicks these actions require. ℹ️

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Joote.4081 said:

The amount of account bound stuff is now ridiculous.  I think they are just plastering 'account bound' on everything these days.  It's like being handcuffed at a disco..

Karma consumables are a bit strange too, there's 12 different kinds and the only reason for their existence is most likely that karma used to be character bound years ago and also had a cap.

Afaik theres no cap anymore or it's insanely high, and it's also account wide, so having them as a consumable is just a useless extra step.

Devs changing these to automatically get consumed and added to the karma wallet would be quite nice and there would be 12 less account bound items to clutter inventories :)

Imo there are plenty of other things that could directly go to the wallet as well, or lose their account bound status.

Edited by Tiilimon.6094
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Tiilimon.6094 said:

Karma consumables are a bit strange too, there's 12 different kinds and the only reason for their existence is most likely that karma used to be character bound years ago and also had a cap.

Afaik theres no cap anymore or it's insanely high, and it's also account wide, so having them as a consumable is just a useless extra step.

Devs changing these to automatically get consumed and added to the karma wallet would be quite nice and there would be 12 less account bound items to clutter inventories 🙂

Imo there are plenty of other things that could directly go to the wallet as well, or lose their account bound status.

What was the karma cap?

Dont remember ever seeing any talking about it.

Edit

If there ever was a cap would not the wiki trivia have a note about it?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karma

Edited by Linken.6345

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

What was the karma cap?

Dont remember ever seeing any talking about it.

I don;t think there was such a thing, really. And a reason for proliferation of karma consumables is that they are not affected by +%karma boosts, unlike direct karma gain. So, basically, the same reason why we now get gold in the way of trash items, and why many rewards/items come in bags, not as direct drops.

There was never a cap on Karma, else it would show up on the earliest Wiki pages:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Karma&oldid=316693

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Karma&oldid=913266#Trivia

Edit:

Well, I guess there aren't many players (back then) that had hit that amount. 

Probably had more to do with the UI, than an actual cap.  It's certainly not there any more. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

39 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Posts, not OP post.  There seems to be more to the thread than just the OP's post.

K, then I misunderstood you, since you didn't quote anyone. Most of this I have ignored because I have a certain person with S on ignore. So sorry, my bad~.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 1

Sadly something went wrong while editing and it didn't go through, gonna leave feedback instead :)

The archived update notes also don't exist anymore in the forums so can't refer to them, but they can still be found on some other sites:

https://www.oceanicgamer.com/2012/10/guild-wars-2-patch-notes-october-7th-2012-update/

• "Raised the maximum karma limit."

Think there might still be a cap but it's probably 18446744073709551615 as we are now using a 64-bit client :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Two of my biggest gripes are recipe books and skins. It'd be nice if skins either stored in the wardrobe system or the easier solution; allow them to be salvaged for transmutation charges. As to the recipe books. It time consuming to find which one has the highest value and break the book apart to sell the higher value ones. it would be better if the recipe books could be sold on the trading post as is.

They need to raise the storage cap given the age of the game and how many long term players there are. They would make some money selling additional storage because people would rush to buy it.

• Like 2

It'd also be nice if we had a way to deal with Essence of Luck overflow. Either via crafting or giving us a weekly boost in the cap. When you hit the cap of 300 magic find from luck, consuming a 200 luck (250) stack once a week would give you a set % boost in magic find until the weekly reset.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

It'd also be nice if we had a way to deal with Essence of Luck overflow. Either via crafting or giving us a weekly boost in the cap. When you hit the cap of 300 magic find from luck, consuming a 200 luck (250) stack once a week would give you a set % boost in magic find until the weekly reset.

Buy bags during lunar new year.

3 hours ago, Tiilimon.6094 said:

Sadly something went wrong while editing and it didn't go through, gonna leave feedback instead :)

The archived update notes also don't exist anymore in the forums so can't refer to them, but they can still be found on some other sites:

https://www.oceanicgamer.com/2012/10/guild-wars-2-patch-notes-october-7th-2012-update/

• "Raised the maximum karma limit."

Think there might still be a cap but it's probably 18446744073709551615 as we are now using a 64-bit client 🙂

The Wiki has every patch note:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-10-07

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Two of my biggest gripes are recipe books and skins. It'd be nice if skins either stored in the wardrobe system or the easier solution; allow them to be salvaged for transmutation charges. As to the recipe books. It time consuming to find which one has the highest value and break the book apart to sell the higher value ones. it would be better if the recipe books could be sold on the trading post as is.

They need to raise the storage cap given the age of the game and how many long term players there are. They would make some money selling additional storage because people would rush to buy it.

One nice thing the Devs are doing (one of those QoL things that aren't monetary-based) is when awarding new skins, unlocking the skin in the Wardrobe and giving a Transmutation Charge automatically.

For instance:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Bloom_Axe_Skin

9 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

One nice thing the Devs are doing (one of those QoL things that aren't monetary-based) is when awarding new skins, unlocking the skin in the Wardrobe and giving a Transmutation Charge automatically.

For instance:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Bloom_Axe_Skin

That helps for the future but many of us have loads of existing skins that take up a lot of space. I hate to delete them since they are basically a fixed skin transmutation charge. If we could salvage them it would solve the problem quickly. Another possibility is that they could make them where you double click the old skins and it just gives you a transmutation charge to avoid the whole salvage thing.

Edited by Tekoneiric.6817
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 10:04 PM, Tiilimon.6094 said:

Well, you see...

While playing the game normally you keep getting stacks of bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments, removing the stacks individually takes about as much time as removing them all at once. So you don't even have to hoard them, they just keep piling up on their own.

I also don't have that free slot for a keyrun alt, so not possible to use that workaround :)

Also, it still doesn't sound like very good design to have to delete a character just to get rid of all the trash that keeps piling up, that's probably why the thread was made, so the developers of the game would make some better way to help us get rid of all the unwanted materials.

I found the solution, opt-in/out system for looting ascended junk and the like. So game will automatically filter out what you don't want. And one day if you suddenly need these you can just opt-in again. 

Edited by fatihso.7258
  • Confused 1