We NEED race change! [Merged]

18 minutes ago, yoguil.7320 said:

Sorry, can't do that. There's 3rd party ip involved.

But just out of curiosity: Your friends would guarantee the same support level paid devs do? You know, stuff like 24/7 availability in case of critical bugs, fast path patching of vulnerabilities? And they provide somebody we can sue in case they break their contractual liabilities? You know, because we as a commercial service might get sued by our customers for bugs and service interruptions they might cause with sloppy coding.

Some people in mod communities have very fast turnaround time on fixing bugs that are a result of patches from the game's official developers. Also, in the earlier era of games, as far as I'm aware, the line between developer and player was a lot more blurred, like in MUDs and all that. I don't have time to word this in a better way atm, but: big business is what gets in the middle of all this, not whether someone is paid.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

big business is what gets in the middle of all this, not whether someone is paid.

Is it really that simple?

I bought my first computer game almost 40 years ago, titled "M.U.L.E.", developed and published by a then small company named "Electronic Arts". True, back then nobody would have classified them as Big Business. Today however...

Something happened in between those 40 years, not only with EA but the industry in general and the market for computer games as a whole. It's not so much evil big business invading our fairyland, I fear.

It's not so different from computer software in general, I'd guess. When it all started users and coders where often the same more or less. Or at least users were an active part of the development process giving vital (and constructive!) feedback if nothing else. At some point users became customers, and support units, marketing, attorneys and so on did contribute as much to your product as developers.

With games there's still a good opportunity to step in with an interesting idea and deliver a top selling game with a very small team. If your self-marketing is ok you can even get paid upfront during development via crowdfunding. But even that is a slippery road where you should really know what you're doing (and I mean not only in coding) - ever heard of "Chronicles of Elyria"?

Disclaimer: I'm a disenchanted cynic when it comes to open source and stuff like that, sorry.

What you need is already in game.. they're called transformation tonics! :D But yeah, we need more combat tonics, perhaps even for the main player races (plus able to use siege + mounts). But there may be a reason why they didn't implement them already, they must have talked about it... if you think about it.

45 minutes ago, yoguil.7320 said:

Is it really that simple?

I bought my first computer game almost 40 years ago, titled "M.U.L.E.", developed and published by a then small company named "Electronic Arts". True, back then nobody would have classified them as Big Business. Today however...

Something happened in between those 40 years, not only with EA but the industry in general and the market for computer games as a whole. It's not so much evil big business invading our fairyland, I fear.

It's not so different from computer software in general, I'd guess. When it all started users and coders where often the same more or less. Or at least users were an active part of the development process giving vital (and constructive!) feedback if nothing else. At some point users became customers, and support units, marketing, attorneys and so on did contribute as much to your product as developers.

With games there's still a good opportunity to step in with an interesting idea and deliver a top selling game with a very small team. If your self-marketing is ok you can even get paid upfront during development via crowdfunding. But even that is a slippery road where you should really know what you're doing (and I mean not only in coding) - ever heard of "Chronicles of Elyria"?

Disclaimer: I'm a disenchanted cynic when it comes to open source and stuff like that, sorry.

You're right, it's not that simple. I was oversimplifying with that post, that's why I said I don't have time right now to word it better. But unfortunately, I also can't get too specific on the subject without it likely getting deleted.

What I will say, without being too pointed, is open source and the like is/was an ongoing battle for it to exist at all, much less have any hold in software. And the software landscape would probably look very different if it won that battle. I believe helpful kind of different, where software knowledge and capability would advance drastically more quickly. Having most software skill hidden behind NDA software is surely losing a lot in the long-term for the short-term gain of specific businesses.

It's a pretty big topic in general that we're touching on here, I think.

• Confused 2

So i made a new char that looked cool and all, levelled to 80 but then, after a while it kinda felt *meh* ingame, now i have to delete it and make anoter and level it again 😒

---

Wait didnt i replied something ?

Post deleted and no warnigs ?

Is some new joke ?

🤦‍♂️

Edited by PinkTacoLover.7603
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Ah well i forgot theres that big brain thing that is SOULBOUND cuz ACCOUNT BOUND was not enough  🤦‍♂️

I guess i have to keep this crap if i dont want to waste a whole celestial set exotic 😑

pretty sure soulbound is a leftover mechanic before we even had account bound mate.

If  I remember right account bound came with the introduction of ascended gear after the games release

Well asked with a ticket:

Choosing to bind an item to a specific character is designed and intended to be a permanent action. Because of its permanency, the game offers sufficient warning prior to the time that an item is soulbound to a character. For this reason, the support team is unable to remove this binding or bind the item to a different character.

Just buy another slot bruh

Just buy a name change bruh

Just buy the whole set again bruh

B R U H

edit:

So in the end after getting drunk i decided to delete/remake, i salvaged the armor got back 3 ecto 7 mithril ore 🤦‍♂️

Edited by PinkTacoLover.7603
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

meh ful set again is almost 100g

You know, bruh, if you start thinking a little more materialistic like the rest of the world... if you start earning money with your coding instead of offering it for free... 100g roughly equals two scoops of ice cream where I live, not a big deal, bruh.

Edited by yoguil.7320
  • Haha 2