What are you going to do with all your ascended items?

Personally i would like to see some use for them, for example trading them to an npc to get tokens used to craft legendary items or other stuff.

Otherwise once you get your full legendary equipment every ascended chest you get would be junk.

On 7/12/2021 at 6:53 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

No, because the legendary armoury has nothing to do with how many equipment templates you have. 2 or 4 or 6 it makes no difference - the armoury is working just as good on that character regardless of the number. 

You could argue it works best with more characters which by actually default means it work better with fewer equipment templates unlocked.

Let's say that there is a player who plays a power Dragonhunter build for general PvE, all legendary items, with sword/focus and greatsword. They want to buff themselves might before entering combat, so they swap from greatsword to staff, cast skill #4 and swap back to greatsword. With legendary weapons they need to recustomize the weapons everytime they swap them into the equipment template. So with legendaries setting a seperate equipment slot to use the staff and swapping between templates works much better, which is why I am thinking that having all legendaries is going to be more useful on characters with more equipment slots unlocked. And due to the armory giving all characters on the account access to the legendaries that advantage now applies per character, for example on a thief when you want to swap to offhand pistol for a smoke field.

So I will be holding on to my ascended weapons for this purpose, since I already have them anyway and I don't want to unlock the maximum equipment slots on all my characters, just so I can use legendaries instead.

Edit: Oh, I assume your "no" has to be regarding me stating that it makes sense to me, since you did post an explanation. That's obviously nonsense, only I can decide whether something makes sense to me.

Edited by Katary.7096

This post did not age well lol.

For the rich, ascendeds are now a better option than legendries.. 

If you have multiple weps / armor that you are switching between, this new armoury system is awful. You lose all your stats, infusions & upgrades on a new equip. In the past you could equip any new piece with full stats, upgrades & infusions. 

With Ascendeds you can open inventory and equip, fully traited, upgraded, and pimped with 2 infusions.... 

Ascended > legendary now for the end game OGs,  all you is need the legendary skin....

• Like 3