LWS3 episodes presented in mail, no HOT or POF will they unlock with later upgrade?

Crunchbone.7341

I have a second GW2 account that I purchased mainly for extra storage. I played through all the stories, expansions, & LWs on my main account & got all the mounts & mount masteries.

It was so much fun, that I thought maybe in the future to do the same on the second account, so I have at least been logging in for the free LWs. I do not have HOT or POF on the second account. When I logged in for the LWS2 episodes on the alt account, my story journal showed them unlocked. The LW3 episodes come to me in the mail, & announce that they are available, but do not show in my story journal as unlocked.

I understand that I would need HOT & POF for the LWS3 & LWS4 episodes to actually be playable, but my question is this: If I continue to log in each week for the LWS3 & 4 story mail reciept, will that unlock the LWS3 & 4 episodes if/when I do purchase HOT/POF for that second account, or will I have to re-purchase them once my account is upgraded with HOT/POF? Thanks!

I don't think that we'll be getting Season 4 (not in this go-around, anyway), but yes, Season 3 will still "unlock" by using the token in the mail even if you do not have HoT.

Since the lock icon still shows to the side of the episode until you have the expansion, the way I confirm is by looking for the "Buy Now" button when selecting the episode. You should not see it on episodes you already have and it should still be there on the ones you don't.

5 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

We’ll get seasons 4 and 5 and they both are part of their campaign. There hasn’t been anything stated otherwise. 

That would be great, but I was going off of the announcement only mentioning 2 and 3 for new achievements, so did not want to assume we were getting anything past those. Was there something that went into more detail?

(Also, is Icebrood considered season 5? I thought it was its own type of beast.)

Edited by Tanek.5983

27 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

That would be great, but I was going off of the announcement only mentioning 2 and 3 for new achievements, so did not want to assume we were getting anything past those. Was there something that went into more detail?

(Also, is Icebrood considered season 5? I thought it was its own type of beast.)

They actually stated on the summer post that ALL returning  lws2+lws3 are needed for the gen3 legendary precursor and that all  returning lws2+lws3+lws4+lws5 are needed for the legendary amulet. ALl Living world content will be given free , don't worry.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

They actually stated on the summer post that ALL returning  lws2+lws3 are needed for the gen3 legendary precursor and that all  returning lws2+lws3+lws4+lws5 are needed for the legendary amulet. ALl Living world content will be given free , don't worry.

Great! Thanks.

On 7/8/2021 at 5:24 AM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

We’ll get seasons 4 and 5 and they both are part of their campaign. There hasn’t been anything stated otherwise. 

Where was this confirmed?

The official announcement says otherwise, herein quoted:

Starting 25 May Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

-end-of-quote-

Based on the official announcement:

1. Free seasons are for LW Seasons 2 and 3 only.

2. The Legendary Amulet reqeires completing the "new meta-achievement" for Seasons 2, 3, 4, and Icebrood Saga.

In other words, if you missed a single episode of Season 4 or the Icebrood Saga, or missed the whole Season 4 or the IBS, you'll never get the Legendary Amulet unless you buy it.

Nowhere did it state that by enabling the meta-achievement, episodes of Season 4 and IBS are also unlocked for free.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Shael.4703 said:

Starting 25 May Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

-end-of-quote-

2. The Legendary Amulet reqeires completing the "new meta-achievement" for Seasons 2, 3, 4, and Icebrood Saga.

In other words, if you missed a single episode of Season 4 or the Icebrood Saga, or missed the whole Season 4 or the IBS, you'll never get the Legendary Amulet unless you buy it.

Nowhere did it state that by enabling the meta-achievement, episodes of Season 4 and IBS are also unlocked for free.

They stated that the living world episodes will have spot light weeks where they will be free.  Nowhere does it say that this is only for seasons 2 and 3.

1 hour ago, Shael.4703 said:

-end-of-quote-

Starting 25 May Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements.

+

Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon.

+

Where's the part that it's only LW 2 and 3? If you're saying the precursor voucher is what implies it's only LW2/3, what part of the thing about leg amulet right after implies LW4 and IBS won't be free?

8 hours ago, RoflCat.9827 said:

Starting 25 May Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements.

+

Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon.

+

Where's the part that it's only LW 2 and 3? If you're saying the precursor voucher is what implies it's only LW2/3, what part of the thing about leg amulet right after implies LW4 and IBS won't be free?

I read it that way, too, when the announcement came out. While it doesn't say ONLY Season 2 and 3, it does only mention those for the new "Return" achievements and the others only in a mention of a meta. So it was unclear that they were including Season 4 and Icebrood (which I will never abbreviate IBS 😛 ) in the giveaways and that seemed to be the more dangerous assumption to make.

I am happy to have misread that if it is the case we'll get everything (especially since one of my friends missed one episode of Icebrood), but I can completely understand others reading it as only Seasons 2 and 3 as well.

3 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

I read it that way, too, when the announcement came out. While it doesn't say ONLY Season 2 and 3, it does only mention those for the new "Return" achievements and the others only in a mention of a meta. So it was unclear that they were including Season 4 and Icebrood (which I will never abbreviate IBS 😛 ) in the giveaways and that seemed to be the more dangerous assumption to make.

I am happy to have misread that if it is the case we'll get everything (especially since one of my friends missed one episode of Icebrood), but I can completely understand others reading it as only Seasons 2 and 3 as well.

Those new return achievements for LW2/3 ARE part of the same meta-achievement for the legendary amulet (tier 2 is the precursor, tier 4 is the leg amulet) so they're talking about the same thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoflCat.9827 said:

Those new return achievements for LW2/3 ARE part of the same meta-achievement for the legendary amulet (tier 2 is the precursor, tier 4 is the leg amulet) so they're talking about the same thing.

Right. but nothing said that Season 4 and Icebrood were getting any "Return" achievements added, so my mind separated them from the "event" that was the giveaway..

And, truthfully, I still don't see anything that explicitly lays out what will be free and the "Live Summer" listing of events only went to the end of July which, again, my mind laid out as the timeframe for giving out Seasons 2 and 3.

I'm just saying there is enough ambiguity that I'm not surprised it can be read more than one way. I hope they give out 4 and Icebrood as well. That would be great, especially with the announced delay for working on the expansion. I just wasn't personally counting on it.

24 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Right. but nothing said that Season 4 and Icebrood were getting any "Return" achievements added, so my mind separated them from the "event" that was the giveaway..

And, truthfully, I still don't see anything that explicitly lays out what will be free and the "Live Summer" listing of events only went to the end of July which, again, my mind laid out as the timeframe for giving out Seasons 2 and 3.

I'm just saying there is enough ambiguity that I'm not surprised it can be read more than one way. I hope they give out 4 and Icebrood as well. That would be great, especially with the announced delay for working on the expansion. I just wasn't personally counting on it.

>Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements.

Nothing say it's only LW2/3, again how are you people reading it'll 'only' be LW2/3?

>And, truthfully, I still don't see anything that explicitly lays out what will be free and the "Live Summer" listing of events only went to the end of July which, again, my mind laid out as the timeframe for giving out Seasons 2 and 3.

Maybe because "Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically" already say that much? Again what is your basis that it's only LW2/3?

If anything the bit about doing LW2/3 meta for precursor is a little misleading since it's only true until the achievements for LW4/IBS are revealed at which point you don't need to do all of LW2/3 for the precursor (still need them for the amulet)

And what'd you know, there's another stream coming up at, oh, END OF JULY (July 27th)

It's like they want to entice people to check out the stream and learn what's coming up instead of laying their life plan out in one go...

3 minutes ago, RoflCat.9827 said:

>Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements.

Nothing say it's only LW2/3, again how are you people reading it'll 'only' be LW2/3?

>And, truthfully, I still don't see anything that explicitly lays out what will be free and the "Live Summer" listing of events only went to the end of July which, again, my mind laid out as the timeframe for giving out Seasons 2 and 3.

Maybe because "Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically" already say that much? Again what is your basis that it's only LW2/3?

If anything the bit about doing LW2/3 meta for precursor is a little misleading since it's only true until the achievements for LW4/IBS are revealed at which point you don't need to do all of LW2/3 for the precursor (still need them for the amulet)

And what'd you know, there's another stream coming up at, oh, END OF JULY (July 27th)

It's like they want to entice people to check out the stream and learn what's coming up instead of laying their life plan out in one go...

Like I said, I hope you are correct.

I'm not likely to give up my cautious approach to things, though, as I would rather be wrong and pleasantly surprised than wrong and angrily disappointed. 🙂

Thanks.

If Seasons 4/5(The Icebrood Saga) are not part of 'Return to....' where will the NEW Meta Achievements (required for Amulet) for those Seasons come from? 

I mean, each week the News Blog says "Catch up on the story of the dragon cycle and prepare for Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons." 

It would be kind of strange to stop the 'catching up' part way through, no? 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
'doh'...missing a crucial word
  • Like 1

Why isn't there an official response already to this topic?

This all seems like an elaborate tap dance from ArenaNet in order to trap confused players into purchasing Living World Season 4 content unlocks because said players are not informed well enough.

I swear to God the Live Summer 2021 text excerpts are purposefully obscured in non-conclusive writing that aims to throw the reader on a loop with the fact that there are only mentions of LWS2 and LWS3 but also the requirements to complete LWS4 and Icebrood Saga achievements with the first phrase starting:

"Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically."

...Which doesn't deny nor confirm whether said episodes will be freely rolled out or not. I swear lawyers wrote the update, it's not exactly rocket science to keep it simple and mention everything the players will be receiving through the 'Return to x' campaign.

Edited by pakkyun.9321
  • Confused 1

POF is theiy main "carrot" at moment because of mounts, i guess they hardly will give it for free.

i doubt very much will be only season 2/3 because the main achievment node have space for 24 items. we are in the middle of season 3, and very far from end the main achievment node.

its very clear that each achivment tier represent a season

Tier 1: LS2  

Tier 2: LS3

Tier 3: LS4

Tiear 4: IBS

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Return

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All chapters have a purchase unlock in the story journal. If they are unlocked through purchase or give away, they say in red text that "this content is not available to play until valid expansion is unlocked". Anything in the game that says that it requires an expansion and has no Gem purchase tag on it, will become available immediately (level 80) after unlocking the expansion.

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been any word on if/when Season 4 and Icebrood will be offered? Is it taking a break for the "August sales"? I don't see anything after the last of Season 3 ended today.

Again, I want to believe people are correct and it will be there, but I'd also like to see something concrete on it.

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind. Found it  "Living World Return Season 4 will begin on August 24"

Edited by Tanek.5983

1 hour ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Has there been any word on if/when Season 4 and Icebrood will be offered? Is it taking a break for the "August sales"? I don't see anything after the last of Season 3 ended today.

Again, I want to believe people are correct and it will be there, but I'd also like to see something concrete on it.

Thanks.

They confirmed this during the expansion reveal. 

It was also stated again in an article on their news page. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396