After the Lw rerun we will see many ppl with the free legendary. We will need a universal effect mute toggle more than ever.

Title, not only ppl organically doing lw will end up with the new trinket and possibly the other pve ones as well but also all their characters will have them on because of the armory.

The devs imo need to look at some sort of cosmetic effect culling options for visual clarity, possibly performance improvements but also so the games visual style isnt lost in a blob of effects.

A good step tpwards this would be a toggle that disables all the effects from trinkets for others as well as infusions since many of them can stack creating even more visual clutter. Another good idea would also be to expand the options as to hide things such as legendary weapon effects on enemies (huge enemies) and from skills making them clearer to undestand.

Finaly it might be time to further expand on w/e skill effect culling that might exist in the game to trully fix the visual clutter that we see in massive pvp and pve scenarios. I would here suggest looking at the competition, specifically ff14 and how it handles it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Why do people call it "free" It takes so long to get it you can honestly get other legends much faster, and this one requires a lot of effort to get, more so then most other legends. 

I'd hardly call it free, its something we'll all have earnt. Imagine doing this a year from now and have to do all the requirements at the same time, the task would take a lot longer with the zones not having as many people in them. 

Its not like other peoples effects really have much of an effect on your gameplay. And with the way things are going, it looks like we'll all be able to adjust things, just need to give the devs some time 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Why do people call it "free" It takes so long to get it you can honestly get other legends much faster, and this one requires a lot of effort to get, more so then most other legends. 

I'd hardly call it free, its something we'll all have earnt. Imagine doing this a year from now and have to do all the requirements at the same time, the task would take a lot longer with the zones not having as many people in them. 

Its not like other peoples effects really have much of an effect on your gameplay. And with the way things are going, it looks like we'll all be able to adjust things, just need to give the devs some time 🙂

I guess if you only have a couple hours a week it might take longer but the new trinket only requires the rerun achievements which are very fast and accesible so the biggest gate is just completing the lw, for someone new to the game with endless excitement and hunger to play the game this will be a week or 2's business.

Also, the costumisation options showed so far are only personal and seemingly will do nothing to hide other ppl's effect unless they prob choose to. Its not my place to tell anyone to turn off their hard earned legendaries but i can say that it adds up to an uggly sight when many ppl in a raid or a meta or wvw have them.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

Begone, Magic Spheres!
Legendary trinkets that are available with and without visual effects, like Conflux and Transcendence, will now feature a visibility toggle for their effects.

Edit to add: How is this considered a free legendary when the others are not? It's the same format except longer because we will be going through lw 4 and 5 with probably a pause in the middle for Festival of the Four Winds. I still need to wait for events to pop. I still need to do the story. I still need to go through a lot of the same things the first time around. It's not like the gen 1 where someone can make it for me and just list it on the TP. At least THIS TIME, I'm not having to wait for the map to be active when it becomes the lw3 daily because I wasn't presently playing when the map dropped and we all know how frustrating LFG is.

Edited by miraude.2107
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, miraude.2107 said:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

Begone, Magic Spheres!
Legendary trinkets that are available with and without visual effects, like Conflux and Transcendence, will now feature a visibility toggle for their effects.

This does not include the pve trinkets and also does nothing for the trinkets others on my screen are wearing.

Edit to add: How is this considered a free legendary when the others are not? It's the same format except longer because we will be going through lw 4 and 5 with probably a pause in the middle for Festival of the Four Winds. I still need to wait for events to pop. I still need to do the story. I still need to go through a lot of the same things the first time around. It's not like the gen 1 where someone can make it for me and just list it on the TP. At least THIS TIME, I'm not having to wait for the map to be active when it becomes the lw3 daily because I wasn't presently playing when the map dropped and we all know how frustrating LFG is.

You treat this rerun as it only matters in the now, these achievement will all exist ingame by November and any player starting then or even a week or 2 before that wont have any timegate ahead of them.

Unless the last few reruns have asked for massive grinds or mastery and i havent seen that the achievements are pretty tame. (which is fine but it also means its gonna be alot more accesible longterm for everyone)

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

People are calling it free because there’s no monetary cost that we’re aware of. The others required you to craft the gift of fortune amongst other things. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prismatic_Champion's_Inheritance

"Double-click to gain the legendary amulet Prismatic Champion's Regalia"

Basically says it right on the final item you get for all 24 parts.  It doesn't say anything like gain a piece in order to craft.. it just straight up says you get the amulet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

Basically says it right on the final item you get for all 24 parts.  It doesn't say anything like gain a piece in order to craft.. it just straight up says you get the amulet.

Yeah but who's to say the last step isn't "donate 77 mystic clovers, and a mystic tribute to aurene so she can magic it into an amulet" I think they'd garner huge amounts of backlash doing such, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

I’m fully aware of the collection and that it rewards the legendary itself. 

This doesn’t rule out the chance that a one of the weeks, or more, could require gold or something. The odds are low but there’s always a chance. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Its not like other peoples effects really have much of an effect on your gameplay.

That's where you're wrong. It does have an effect on our gameplay. The OP even explained some of it, did you not read the actual OP?

Tons and tons of visual effects result in visual clutter, the game becomes less readable, but more importantly, less stable.

Back in ye olde vanilla days when our heroes still just looked like heroes and not like alien rainbow gods, I could do Tequatl without much of an FPS dip. Now I'm happy if my FPS even reaches 30 during Tequatl. With the Leyline jogger it's even worse, where I get 12 FPS if I'm lucky. And no, I'm not using the same rig as I did in 2012, I upgraded my rig twice since then, once on 2014, and once in 2018. But the fact of the matter is, even with Character Model Limit and Character Model Quality set to Low and Medium, the game still becomes a stuttering mess because of all these players who thought it was a bright idea to stack a ton of different infusions and legendary auras on their character.

The fact of the matter is, GW2 today looks less aesthetically pleasing and performs worse than in 2012 because Anet went overboard with the fashion wars and players think the more effects they stack on their character, the cooler they look.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, LucosTheDutch.4819 said:

That's where you're wrong. It does have an effect on our gameplay. The OP even explained some of it, did you not read the actual OP?

Tons and tons of visual effects result in visual clutter, the game becomes less readable, but more importantly, less stable.

Back in ye olde vanilla days when our heroes still just looked like heroes and not like alien rainbow gods, I could do Tequatl without much of an FPS dip. Now I'm happy if my FPS even reaches 30 during Tequatl. With the Leyline jogger it's even worse, where I get 12 FPS if I'm lucky. And no, I'm not using the same rig as I did in 2012, I upgraded my rig twice since then, once on 2014, and once in 2018. But the fact of the matter is, even with Character Model Limit and Character Model Quality set to Low and Medium, the game still becomes a stuttering mess because of all these players who thought it was a bright idea to stack a ton of different infusions and legendary auras on their character.

The fact of the matter is, GW2 today looks less aesthetically pleasing and performs worse than in 2012 because Anet went overboard with the fashion wars and players think the more effects they stack on their character, the cooler they look.

I fully agree, infusion and legendary effect did make the game more ugly ans in a way less fun in group play... Its even more tiresome to the eyes. Please let us hjde other player effect or at least hide none party memeber effect...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1