Legendary weapon switching

• I have Twilight, stats - bers, 2 runes, 2 infusions. Equipped from Legendary armory
  • I put another weapon in the Twilight's slot
  • Twilight goes back to armory, leaving 2 infusions and 2 runes in my inventory

After re-equipping the Twilight I need to choose stats, put runes and infusions back, which is really inconvenient.

In some cases I can mitigate this annoyance by using tabs/templates, but from some characters I already have extra tabs taken by different builds.

Is this expected behavior, or a bug?

What will happen, if I don't have enough free space in the inventory for 2 runes and 2 infusions?

Edited by Shader.4910

Its exactly intended behavior. Legendary items are no longer physical items. Regarding what happens if inventory is full, try it out I guess? Probably the normal thing that always happen - it warns your inventory is full and you need to delete some crap.

Sumplest way to solve this - dont unequip it. Fix your equipment templates so you dont have to.

• Thanks 1

Very disapointed with this update. I used to swap weapons on my warrior often. Off hand mace and warhorn for example for a little swiftness boost. Now every time I do this I have to customize the moot again. This is very inconvenient.

Don't tell me about build templates because in my case I would have to use atleast 5 of them  just for temporaly weapon swaps ?!

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Best, and only way to solve this right now is to use ascended gear with legendary skins.

But I prefer to use legendary gear with non-legendary skins! 😄

Yes, it's a shame that you have to resort to ascended gear to solve the problem. You feel kind of punked.

I see this issue generated a lot of threads, still no acknowledgement from Anet? Being forced to buy equipment expansions is a very bad practice (although I don't think they did it with this purpose unless they were bought by EA lately), and of course being forced to use different ascended weapons with legendary skin, when you have THE legendary weapon which was bought/crafted to avoid multiple different ascended weapons in the first place, that is just ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 7:37 AM, Boh.4568 said:

I see this issue generated a lot of threads, still no acknowledgement from Anet? Being forced to buy equipment expansions is a very bad practice (although I don't think they did it with this purpose unless they were bought by EA lately), and of course being forced to use different ascended weapons with legendary skin, when you have THE legendary weapon which was bought/crafted to avoid multiple different ascended weapons in the first place, that is just ridiculous.

Yeah I am really really upset that Anet is just ignoring this issue as I literally had to stop playing the game as a result of this update bricking my characters playability. They do not even let me unlock the number of equipment tabs I need for my legendaries to be usable now. I feel sick to my stomach with grief. The money and time I sank into 25 legendaries and now I cannot even use them because I do not have the time, spoons, energy, capacity to requip their stats, infusions, sigils EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to change weapons and then PARSE THROUGH INVENTORY OVERFLOW if my inventory doesn't have room for it all, have inventory space dedicated to my sigils and infusions that it kicks out of my weapons. I thought this update would be an inventory saver but it is just an inventory destroyer. A cheap cash grab they REFUSE to acknowledge while plugging their ears. Hey Anet? you want me to pre-order? Fix the Legendary Armory.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:37 PM, Boh.4568 said:

You are overly optimistic in this case. The whole design of "template" system is full of choices that visibly sacrificed functionality for pure monetization purposes. Contrary to what you might expect, the primary (if not the only) purpose of the "template" system is not to help you with build management, but only to make you spend money.

• Like 1

after 2 weeks i was finally able to play again...

the legendary system made me log out after 15mints....

if this is the way it is intended to work than i will stop crafting legendary's, you can rather have an ascended weapon rdy to use in every situation than having to added kittening sigils and stats every time.

i did 1 dungeon just wanted to use my bow for a bit, back to sunrise yeah nice had to add everything again.