Marionette, Dragonstorm, and Future Instances

Everyone seems to support keeping the public instance of Marionette. If ANet intends to continue adding this type of instanced content, then I suggest they set up a daily rotation of public "raids."

For example: on Mon we have Marionette/Dragonstorm on alternating hours. Then the next day have two other instances on alternating hours. Etc...

That keeps them from overloading the schedule and keeping the instances populated and allowing people to continue to experience the content with a chance to succeed. And the private instances still allow people to access them on off days or hours. And this scheduling can just expand as they add more instances.....up to a point, as you still want these events to come up fairly frequently in rotation, so it's not you miss the day and have to wait weeks for it to return.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Not a bad idea, I feel like theres an event or two in missing that would work for this though.

Monday: Dragonstorm/Marionette

Tuesday: Marionette/Battle of LA

Wednesday: Battle of LA/ Breachmaker

Thuraday: Breachmaker/tower of nightmares

Friday: Tower of nightmares/ x1 event

Saturday: x1 event/ x2 event

Sunday: x2 event/Dragonstorm

• Like 1

If they keep Marionette as a public option they will definitely need to do something about scheduling, make it scarcer. It doesn't scale and it needs to fill up to have a chance to succeed so if it will be available often it will never fill up and succeed.

I like the ideas. Even with that I am afraid once EOD hits this content might be dead. Anyone knows if you need IBS for Marionette? If yes, it will certainly be dead.

Edited by Cuks.8241
typo

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

If they keep Marionette as a public option they will definitely need to do something about scheduling, make it scarcer. It doesn't scale and it needs to fill up to have a chance to succeed so if it will be available often it will never fill up and succeed.

I like the ideas. Even with that I am afraid once EOD hits this content might be dead. Anyone knows if you need IBS for Marionette? If yes, it will certainly be dead.

You dont.

3 hours ago, JDub.1530 said:

Everyone seems to support keeping the public instance of Marionette. If ANet intends to continue adding this type of instanced content, then I suggest they set up a daily rotation of public "raids."

For example: on Mon we have Marionette/Dragonstorm on alternating hours. Then the next day have two other instances on alternating hours. Etc...

That keeps them from overloading the schedule and keeping the instances populated and allowing people to continue to experience the content with a chance to succeed. And the private instances still allow people to access them on off days or hours. And this scheduling can just expand as they add more instances.....up to a point, as you still want these events to come up fairly frequently in rotation, so it's not you miss the day and have to wait weeks for it to return.

I had this exact thought the other day. It could kind of be like how they have the daily rotation for the past living world maps.

Once there were too many maps there weren't enough people populating the maps, but when they rotated the dailies it got people into the maps on those daily days so achievements and METAs got done. They could do a similar thing with the EotN instanced content. Right now there is really only dragonstorm and TM, but if they keep adding more content it would be a great idea!

On 7/19/2021 at 8:27 AM, JDub.1530 said:

I just think the only way the content will have much replay value is as a public event. I dont think anyone but AP hunters want to go through the trouble of gathering 50 players over an hour or more to attempt Mari for some junk loot.

Moradorin is correct. How often do you see people gather for Serpent's Ire for example? It all comes down to loot at the end of the day.

see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marionette_Chest

and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hoard_of_the_Marionette_Warden

The risk/reward is too skewed on Marionette to do it more than once per day because the repeat rewards are nonexistent. Watchwork sprockets tanked in value due to the supply dump so unless you really need achievements there you're better off doing just about anything else in PvE. If it gave slightly reduced sprockets per chain severed (right now it provides a daily limited 75 if you get all 5 hoards: in the vein of 5, 10,15, 20, 25) on repeat it might be more worthwhile. The end chest with boring realistic loot (i.e. not counting the off chance you pick up a Zealot's ascended chest and don't have legendary gear) is limited per character whereas the Hoards and the 2 gold are daily per account. Really only the 2g should be daily because added gold is harmful in terms of inflation.

The time spent on Marionette is typically around 15 to 20 minutes so the profitability needs to be roughly 4 gold to be on par with other typical metas. The only way that would really happen currently is if watchwork sprockets doubled. Fast farming counts it as 20g/hr for the first run of the day if you have a 11 minute run as opposed to the typical time, so even without the 2g daily reward you are looking at ~11g/hour for a "fast clear" on something that has a possibility to fail on private squads.

If for example Watchwork Portal Device was a drop or even as part of a repeatable achievement similar to dungeons' counter or any festival repeatable achievement , people that don't have the White Mantle one (from raiding in Wing 3) might do it as the craft cost on that is roughly 2 gold but has no liquidity. Another drop that could be semi-unique are Pristine Toxic Spore samples which used to be a drop from the chest that was unlocked with the key fragments from Hoards before the return event.

Currently it is more of the same loot as elsewhere for the actual Marionette chest which is a large downside to the drop table. A big part of the draw of Dragonstorm is the eye infusion , along with Gift of Aurene and Frostsaw now that volcanic stormcaller weapons are more easily accessible. Even Drakkar has unique loot and Tequatl's Hoard is why players show up for Tequatl to this day other than the competitive loot.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 3