New Lake Doric rewards

When EoD gets released a lot of the zones we are revisiting now will likely be barren for some time. For new players (especially those starting after EoD) these new achievements that offer map currency will be very beneficial for those that want to get currency without feeling like they have to run around a potentially empty map. Once a year or so has passed after EoD's release I am sure map populations will restabilize as people return to normal farming, but with new maps being added, populations will still be spread out more than they ever were. Not to mention, with the legendary armory basically nullifying ascended trinket map currency farms for veterans, this will likely depopulate these maps even further as farming for outfitting alts will possibly become a thing of the past. Gaining map currency then, compared to gaining map currency now is completely different in terms of player experience as the content and rewards are no longer new or as exciting as they were, even for brand new players. Jade Shards were always more of a time sink than Winterberries, and it just is becoming less justified. Returning players farm Bitterfrost for berries and Doric for leather. Doubt these one time rewards will change that much except helping new players "catch up" as it were.

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This was a great boon to me, an older player who is kind of a slacker. I originally gave up on the season three story when... I guess Aurene kept eating the kids? Must have really screwed that one up. So I never reached any of the new maps past Ember Bay. This has inspired me to actually do the story missions. And, I have also almost completed HOT finally... though I am still confused about those Trahearne rumors. I might even pick up where I left off on POF again.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 1:46 AM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I only got 250 of each map resource so far. Not sure how some people got 500.

Similar when compared to acquisition rates. You get more jade shards than blood rubies, because rubies have an extremely low drop rate from nodes, but shards are guaranteed to drop (or have so high drop rate there's no meaningful difference). Sure, berries are even easier, but berries give less UM, and the items you can buy with them are priced higher.

Ultimately, everyone will be swimming in Jade Shards anyway, so giving them out by a truckload does not really matter.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:28 AM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Did they previous chapters give you more than a stack? If this is the first 500 it might just have been an oversight or Jade is just that easy to farm.

LWS3 gives so far 5 of "boxes" of relevant episode currency at one of tiers for "return to" achievements. For Bloodstone fen this translated into 250 blood rubies, for ember bay it was 250 of petrified stumps, bitterfrost frontier gave 500 winterberries, and apparently lake doric also gave 500 of jade shards.