"There are insufficient funds for repair" when repairing armor?

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I have not.

Did the character/account in question have no/nearly no funds at the time? 

(Yes, I know repair is free; I'm wondering why it might have appeared.  When repairing was changed, we don't know how it works internally; maybe it still charges, but gives back the cost behind the scenes.)

Or possibly they just disabled the part where it actually takes gold from you, and the price display, and left everything else (like the original price calculation and sufficient assets check) untouched.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Or possibly they just disabled the part where it actually takes gold from you, and the price display, and left everything else (like the original price calculation and sufficient assets check) untouched.

that would be my quess as well

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 9:53 AM, Melech.4308 said:

I should probably add that I have legendary armor on when I tried to repair it

Maybe the poor repair staff that works for free was seeing a legendary piece for the first time and thought "Adventurer, if you can afford that, you can shell out a copper." Does it happen with the older NPCs and dispassionate anvils too?

• Haha 1

I noticed this a long time ago as well, and it seems to happen only when I have gear in a different equipment template that also needs fixing. So the situation is this:

(1) I have power gear in equipment template 1, it is damaged, and template1 is active

(2) I have condi gear in equipment template 2, it is also damaged, but template 2 is not active

(3) I go to the anvil or vendor with template 1 active, ask for a repair

(4) I get the "insufficient funds" message, but the anvil/vendor actually repairs template 1

(5) I now switch to template 2, ask for a repair again, and this time I both get (a) a repair on template 2, and (b) no more insufficient funds message.

The anvil/vendor should just repair all gear in all templates, if that's possible.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4