Pvp is getting....??

Yerlock.4678

It's just barely less than WvW got, which is a feature that's been in the works forever, but it'll be done around the time the expansion is, so it's now a feature of that expac?

Although, because of how PvP works, the elite specs alone are a massive change-up for all forms of PvP.  That being said, I was hoping for confirmation of something new for PvP in the form of a new map, game mode, etc.

This shouldn't surprise considering how they really didn't give very much information at all. Practically no info on elite specs or really anything at all that has some effect on game mechanics. But hey, life skills! They are clearly focused on the basics of the basics. IE the stream was designed to be a show for the normies. 

One good thing though is that what they DID show us - the Virtuoso - is EXACTLY what they need to do to Mesmer in order to make it not-annoying BS to fight against in PvP.  Being able to spam condi clones that auto for 1k or so of condi damage, then play super passive/defensively IE "run away and invlun while clones play the game for me" is the prime issue with the class. So that they have addressed this in the elite spec for mes shows they have likely put at least some thought into making things well designed for PvP balance.  

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

This shouldn't surprise considering how they really didn't give very much information at all. Practically no info on elite specs or really anything at all that has some effect on game mechanics. But hey, life skills! They are clearly focused on the basics of the basics. IE the stream was designed to be a show for the normies. 

At this point they atleast need to say there something for pvp dont even have to say what. Pvp being as abadone as it has been for years not saying anything leads ppl to belive that they are just gonna let the mode die cuz they dont care.

• Like 2

I really hope we get Fort Aspenwood and/or Jade Quarry again or something similar at least. My hopes are high due to the Cantha legacy of GW1 but my expectations are really low.
A GvG-esque game mode would also be heavily appreciated.

I am kind of torn on a Stronghold rework tbh. I have suggested it for several months as well because I really like the game mode and while I would appreciate it getting better it would really suck if they would mess it up and make it even less relevant.

Lets hope for  some new Rating algorithm .

Allow duo/5 man premade vs soloquers .

In that match up :

Premades will gain 2x "Team Rating"

Soloquers will loose 2x 'Team Rating" (the Normal Rating will not be affected)

Premades will be listed in a different Leaderboard (Team Leaderboard) , but share the population pool with the rest of us .

The system tracks if you are in Party , and you gain the appropriate rating in the different Leaderboard

For every  50 " game points" gathered - you gain 1x new currency .

For every 50 points vs  premade the new currency is increased .

For every new currency at the end of the month , you "roll" for some chance for either 1copper or 20    

silver

You will need 35 points to gain 1x currency , if you are duo  *cough late night*

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Lets hope for  some new Rating algorithm .

Allow duo/5 man premade vs soloquers .

In that match up :

Premades will gain 2x "Team Rating"

Soloquers will loose 2x 'Team Rating" (the Normal Rating will not be affected)

Premades will be listed in a different Leaderboard (Team Leaderboard) , but share the population pool with the rest of us .

The system tracks if you are in Party , and you gain the appropriate rating in the different Leaderboard

For every  50 " game points" gathered - you gain 1x new currency .

For every 50 points vs  premade the new currency is increased .

For every new currency at the end of the month , you "roll" for some chance for either 1copper or 20    

silver

You will need 35 points to gain 1x currency , if you are duo  *cough late night*

5 vs solo was how it was at the start of the game for couple of years. Didn’t really worked out, did it? It’s no fun for the SoloQ’ers being stomped by premades with comms. I agree 5 men ranked should be allowed but they should only face other 5 men parties.

1 hour ago, Terrorsquad.2349 said:

5 vs solo was how it was at the start of the game for couple of years. Didn’t really worked out, did it? It’s no fun for the SoloQ’ers being stomped by premades with comms. I agree 5 men ranked should be allowed but they should only face other 5 men parties.

For experience it didn't matter at all, in most cases it still doesn't matter. When you play at now as a pug group vs a group that know each other, the win rate is 50/50. 

Because better players are better players and they will win, ofc you can get some trolls or whatever, but I bet most 5 man groups do not win more often than the solos and duos 

Outside of the highest ranked gamers, but they will anyways face each other.

Of course the should prioritize 5vs5 but for my experience in the past and in at's now its actually not a big deal