Asura next to Mai Trin = Zojja?

Imba.9451

Dunno if this is just wishful thinking, but my girlfriend and me have been pausing the trailer yesterday and compared the Asura to Zojjas in-game model, as well as the artworks.

Basically, the nose and the mouth do look similar enough. Her ingame-eye color isn't THAT blue, but some concept arts do share the eye color. Additionally, the artistic use of the scene, with the hooded character entering the focus of the camere from the side is often used to (re)introduce a character that we either already know or have heard alot about in a story, often followed but the dramatic reveal.

Additionally, but this is grasping at straws: Why does Arena-FashionWars-Net introduce a character with such an ugly hood in a trailer? My theory was, that they wanted to hide the hair. Or the lack of hair, wich would have served as a further similarity.

Lastly, the Asura did not seem too happy to be there. Make of that what you will.

I could be, that this is just Canthas Player Stand-in for Anet, but the outfit looks too Aetherblady, less canthan to me.

• Like 3

The asura being Zojja was my first thought, so I hope that’s the case! I think this could be a cool way to reintroduce the character if it is her.

Her eyes are that luminous blue in most concept art, but her in game model has greyish eyes. It does look a lot like her, and I would chalk up the new outfit as her new armor design.

That said, the devs mentioned something about a character called Anka in regards to the asura on the ship right after the trailer viewing, which is who Sarah Sokolovic will be playing… I’m not sure if they were saying the asura is “Anka” or not. I suppose Sokolovic could be a VA recasting of Zojja, too. It wasn’t really clear which name reveals belong to which characters shown in the trailer.

I suppose Anka could be Zojja’s alias. But who knows? I was 100% sure it was Zojja on reveal but now I’m not as confident.

• Like 3

Conspiracy theory time!

Ankka is a cipher or Zojja.

A=Z, they just swapped the first and last letters of the alphabet.

N=O, they're right next to each other in the alphabet, just swapped 'em out.

KK=JJ, same as above

A=A.... ok this isn't fullproof but I'M WEARING MY TINFOIL HAT. 😂

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

My initial reaction was that the Asuran represented the player character, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: Nvm while rewatching the livestream they state "who was that mysterious Asura next to Ankha", so can't be the player character.

Edited by jwaz.1908
  • Like 1

This is a bit confusing, because in the show, Andrew asked at about 22:23 "And who was that mysterious asura that was next to Ankka? Could it be the replacement for the untimely-deathed Horrik?"

So, it seems that the Asura's name is not Ankka - however, the person next to the Asura seems to be definately Mai Trin.

Could it be Zojja? Maybe, maybe not. Besides having a new outfit, the face shares some similarities, but also some differences - for example Zojja's face profile has more curves, I think she also had some freckles. But we are still looking at a CGI-Trailer, so her look may me a bit different, also she spend years beeing unconscious.

However, IF this is Zojja, that would gives me chills - Mai Trin, who was send on a special mission to the mists by Scarlet (who was highly influenced by Mordremoth) and Zojja, whose brain has been damaged after Mordremoth had her in a Mordrem pod?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly confident that if Zojja was coming back, there would be some news of it, especially considering she has a small yet dedicated fan base. I actually got the impression that it might be the new Commander avatar, the way they were propping her up, but maybe I didn't hear their discussion properly.