Which suboptimal but fun choices have you made in your build?

Aodlop.1907

Easily reached stun break in every build.

No (damaging) condition removal, just heal through it!

25% movement speed runes. Traveler's for condi or all-stats builds, Fireworks for power. Even though mounts are a thing, I find characters with that little extra run speed without needing to hammer skills for swiftness are more enjoyable to play than ones without it, and it seems to be more difficult to justify getting it from traits or utility skills nowadays (too many mandatory trait lines in order for a particular build to be functional, etc.)

I have a chrono, a holo and a guard with Diviner + runes of pack or firework + a boonstacking traitlane for Open World content or mix support for group.

Obviously the burst / impact isn't that great, but it's quite nice to chain mobs, or do elites / champion because of quickness uptime, swiftness, mights, protection, etc.  For example Holo .

It's better on chrono IMO, as Diviner isn't that bad anyway in group content. (Too bad 10 men chrono isn't loved anymore)

I also enjoy my Power Chill Reaper build. I never could get into the old standard power Reaper. Slapped on some Runes of Ice and a Hydro sigil, Spite and Soul Reaping traits, Zerker gear. It's just satisfying to have everything around you be chilled pretty much all the time. Less reliance on AA spam. Super tanky just by being Reaper, but also because everything is chilled or frozen. Might try that Celestial Condi version since I think Celestial Harbinger will be a fun anyways.