Cheapest methods to get Trailblazers equipments? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Cheapest methods to get Trailblazers equipments?

Gearing up my Mirage for Openworld. What is the cheapest way to get Trailblazers equipments? (Exotic and Ascended).
I still have some ascended boxes that I haven't opened. It seems like Trailblazers are pretty expensive to get?

Comments

  • knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2020

    You can get 2 rings, a back piece, and an accessory pretty easy from bitterfrost frontier by farming winterberries. It is pretty easy, just look up a video. The more characters/patience you have, the faster it will be.
    You can get another accessory pretty easily from ember bay, farming petrified wood. (This will take longer than winterberries, but it isn't bad).
    You can get a pretty easy amulet from farming mistborn motes.

    The armor/weapons are pretty expensive because of the maguuma lillies.
    Some options:
    The cheapest way I can think to get the armor would be raid currency.
    If you don't have that, you can get trailblazer insignias from the chest of insignias you get from completing a raid boss for the first time. Then you can stat swap a cheaper set.
    You can get stat selectable armor from WvW (pretty time consuming if you don't already play WvW).

    edit: If you do go the crafting route, I recommend crafting ascended and not exotic. The most expensive component (the maguuma lillies) are common to both sets, so you might as well spend the extra money to craft ascended.

    If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?
    If they would pull that kitten on me, i would sue instantly. And i have enough time and money to finish that.
    Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.
    They're far from useless...you just got used to busted levels of dmg...welcome back to planet earth
    The first time someone sees you, they're already thinking about kicking you out of the party..........

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Most stat selectable items, exotic or Ascended, will give you the option of choosing Trailblazers stats.

    For Exotic, the easiest way is probably Verdant Brink T4 for the chest then buy the rest of the armor for tokens. There’s also the Desert Armor Boxes, Legacy armor and Triumphant/Glorious armor from WvW/PvP reward tracks,

    For Ascended, you’re options include, but aren’t limited to, Fractal vendor, WvW, PvP, Strike Mission (vendor in Eye of the North), and good ol’ crafting.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Exotic armor is pretty easy
    PvP/WvW also has the Warlord's amor boxes in addition to the other things mentioned

    @knite.1542 said:
    edit: If you do go the crafting route, I recommend crafting ascended and not exotic. The most expensive component (the maguuma lillies) are common to both sets, so you might as well spend the extra money to craft ascended.

    Only if you craft the wrong set. ;)

    For crafting exotic it is cheaper to craft the Warbeast armor even when you factor the additional cost of the recipe sheets.
    ~3g(average if you buy all the recipe sheets at the sell price) for the recipe sheet, 5.9g to craft the light exotic warbeast helm
    versus
    ~22g to craft a trailblazer exalted masque

    The Lunatic armor set is even nicer since the result piece of armor remains permanently account bound instead of soul bound on equip but the recipes are only available during Halloween. It is also a bit cheaper than warbeast

    Both warbeast and lunatic are also unique skins.

    Weapons are lacking in options. If it is one of the weapon types covered by the new Iron Legion weapons then those are a good option.

    For Ascended thing the strikes vendor fine for armor but the weapons are restricted to core stats.

  • @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    Most stat selectable items, exotic or Ascended, will give you the option of choosing Trailblazers stats.

    For Exotic, the easiest way is probably Verdant Brink T4 for the chest then buy the rest of the armor for tokens. There’s also the Desert Armor Boxes, Legacy armor and Triumphant/Glorious armor from WvW/PvP reward tracks,

    For Ascended, you’re options include, but aren’t limited to, Fractal vendor, WvW, PvP, Strike Mission (vendor in Eye of the North), and good ol’ crafting.

    Verdank Brink? The armor has trailblazer stats?

  • @Khisanth.2948 said:
    Exotic armor is pretty easy
    PvP/WvW also has the Warlord's amor boxes in addition to the other things mentioned

    @knite.1542 said:
    edit: If you do go the crafting route, I recommend crafting ascended and not exotic. The most expensive component (the maguuma lillies) are common to both sets, so you might as well spend the extra money to craft ascended.

    Only if you craft the wrong set. ;)

    For crafting exotic it is cheaper to craft the Warbeast armor even when you factor the additional cost of the recipe sheets.
    ~3g(average if you buy all the recipe sheets at the sell price) for the recipe sheet, 5.9g to craft the light exotic warbeast helm
    versus
    ~22g to craft a trailblazer exalted masque

    The Lunatic armor set is even nicer since the result piece of armor remains permanently account bound instead of soul bound on equip but the recipes are only available during Halloween. It is also a bit cheaper than warbeast

    Both warbeast and lunatic are also unique skins.

    Weapons are lacking in options. If it is one of the weapon types covered by the new Iron Legion weapons then those are a good option.

    For Ascended thing the strikes vendor fine for armor but the weapons are restricted to core stats.

    Warbeast armor has trailblazer stats?

  • If you want a full set of stat selectable exotic armour, why not look into 'Ineffable' insignia's. They max out at lev 68. but seem to have stats that are the same as lev 76ish. For open world they might just be one option. btw any stat combo in the game will be open for you to use..

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2020

    @tinyasian.8941 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:
    Exotic armor is pretty easy
    PvP/WvW also has the Warlord's amor boxes in addition to the other things mentioned

    @knite.1542 said:
    edit: If you do go the crafting route, I recommend crafting ascended and not exotic. The most expensive component (the maguuma lillies) are common to both sets, so you might as well spend the extra money to craft ascended.

    Only if you craft the wrong set. ;)

    For crafting exotic it is cheaper to craft the Warbeast armor even when you factor the additional cost of the recipe sheets.
    ~3g(average if you buy all the recipe sheets at the sell price) for the recipe sheet, 5.9g to craft the light exotic warbeast helm
    versus
    ~22g to craft a trailblazer exalted masque

    The Lunatic armor set is even nicer since the result piece of armor remains permanently account bound instead of soul bound on equip but the recipes are only available during Halloween. It is also a bit cheaper than warbeast

    Both warbeast and lunatic are also unique skins.

    Weapons are lacking in options. If it is one of the weapon types covered by the new Iron Legion weapons then those are a good option.

    For Ascended thing the strikes vendor fine for armor but the weapons are restricted to core stats.

    Warbeast armor has trailblazer stats?

    Stat selectable gear(with the exception of elite spec items, assaulter, defender, healer, etc. boxes) have stat selection based on which expansion you have. If you own HoT they will have all HoT stats available, if you own PoF it will have all PoF stats available.

    The availability of Trailblazer on the Warbeast Vestaments(light coat) can also be confirmed through the API
    https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items?ids=84150 recipe sheet for "Recipe: Harrier's Warbeast Vestments" which teaches recipe 12296
    https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/recipes?ids=12296 recipe produces item 83239
    https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items?ids=83239 the item produced from the recipe which is "Warbeast Vestments", with stat 1229 available
    https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/itemstats?ids=1229 the information for the stat which is Trailblazer's

    and yes the recipe sheet has a very misleading name. The reason is because the crafted version used to only give Harrier while the version from the Desert Armor Box from reward tracks gave the stat selectable version but after this patch(https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2019-05-28) it was changed to the stat selectable version.

    @Neworder.7981 said:
    If you want a full set of stat selectable exotic armour, why not look into 'Ineffable' insignia's. They max out at lev 68. but seem to have stats that are the same as lev 76ish. For open world they might just be one option. btw any stat combo in the game will be open for you to use..

    Bladed is much cheaper. Warbeast is also cheaper if you ever need a second copy. Both are lv80.

    They provide a 6 level advantage so they max out at the equivalent of lv74

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @tinyasian.8941 said:

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    Most stat selectable items, exotic or Ascended, will give you the option of choosing Trailblazers stats.

    For Exotic, the easiest way is probably Verdant Brink T4 for the chest then buy the rest of the armor for tokens. There’s also the Desert Armor Boxes, Legacy armor and Triumphant/Glorious armor from WvW/PvP reward tracks,

    For Ascended, you’re options include, but aren’t limited to, Fractal vendor, WvW, PvP, Strike Mission (vendor in Eye of the North), and good ol’ crafting.

    Verdank Brink? The armor has trailblazer stats?

    Yes.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • @Haleydawn.3764 said:

    @tinyasian.8941 said:

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    Most stat selectable items, exotic or Ascended, will give you the option of choosing Trailblazers stats.

    For Exotic, the easiest way is probably Verdant Brink T4 for the chest then buy the rest of the armor for tokens. There’s also the Desert Armor Boxes, Legacy armor and Triumphant/Glorious armor from WvW/PvP reward tracks,

    For Ascended, you’re options include, but aren’t limited to, Fractal vendor, WvW, PvP, Strike Mission (vendor in Eye of the North), and good ol’ crafting.

    Verdank Brink? The armor has trailblazer stats?

    Yes.

    Thanks! I hope people are still doing Verdant Brink!

  • Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The VB armor may be bought at the vendor for map currency and a gold for each piece but the chest. That is a rare drop from night bosses, or a guaranteed drop if you manage to find a group that completes the meta to T4.

  • @Hashberry.4510 said:
    The VB armor may be bought at the vendor for map currency and a gold for each piece but the chest. That is a rare drop from night bosses, or a guaranteed drop if you manage to find a group that completes the meta to T4.

    what is the fastest way to farm the airship parts? any HOT currency exchange?

  • Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭

    @tinyasian.8941 said:
    what is the fastest way to farm the airship parts? any HOT currency exchange?

    Run around VB opening the airship cargo. These do require the only keys in HoT that cannot be bought, and must be earned through events, but honestly I don't really know /anyone/ who has played a even just a bit of HoT that can spend crowbars faster than earnt.

    The more daytime progress has occured, the more cargo there is, usually i can get 2-4k airship parts per run of VB depending on what time i start even if I don't actively progress any of the events, between some camps almost always being progressed and cargo that appears regaurdless of event progress.

  • @Lexi.1398 said:

    @tinyasian.8941 said:
    what is the fastest way to farm the airship parts? any HOT currency exchange?

    Run around VB opening the airship cargo. These do require the only keys in HoT that cannot be bought, and must be earned through events, but honestly I don't really know /anyone/ who has played a even just a bit of HoT that can spend crowbars faster than earnt.

    The more daytime progress has occured, the more cargo there is, usually i can get 2-4k airship parts per run of VB depending on what time i start even if I don't actively progress any of the events, between some camps almost always being progressed and cargo that appears regaurdless of event progress.

    Problem is nobody plays Verdant Brink now. T4 is hard to get.

  • Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2020

    @tinyasian.8941 said:

    @Lexi.1398 said:

    @tinyasian.8941 said:
    what is the fastest way to farm the airship parts? any HOT currency exchange?

    Run around VB opening the airship cargo. These do require the only keys in HoT that cannot be bought, and must be earned through events, but honestly I don't really know /anyone/ who has played a even just a bit of HoT that can spend crowbars faster than earnt.

    The more daytime progress has occured, the more cargo there is, usually i can get 2-4k airship parts per run of VB depending on what time i start even if I don't actively progress any of the events, between some camps almost always being progressed and cargo that appears regaurdless of event progress.

    Problem is nobody plays Verdant Brink now. T4 is hard to get.

    You don't need T4, t4 gives an armor box which is the eaisest way to obtain the bladed chest peices. t4 will not effect your ability to get airship parts for the 1g + 500 airship part trade for the other 5 pieces. Airhsip cargo resets once night turns to day, and you'll get the most airship cargo boxes out of the map after the daytime events for each of the 5 parts of vb are completed, but there's a still a significant amount around even with little progress.

  • Vilin.8056Vilin.8056 Member ✭✭✭

    You'll be wasting gold and tokens.

    In case of Mirage, Rabid offers more trait bonus from precision than Trailblazer anyways, and they are super affordable.

  • .> @Vilin.8056 said:

    You'll be wasting gold and tokens.

    In case of Mirage, Rabid offers more trait bonus from precision than Trailblazer anyways, and they are super affordable.

    FYI:
    Trailblazer is Toughness, Vitality, Condition Damage, and Expertise.
    It has nothing to do with Precision