This is not fair to Eternity

I just recently find out there are animation added on some first gen legendary weapon for the first drawn. like The Dreamer, Incinerator, Kudzu, Quip etc. even the Gem item "vermilion tail feather" had animationAnet do you think is fair to Eternity? when you gona add animation on to it? come on, that was 2 legendary weapon should have the most fancy animation. (yes I have the Eternity)

I wouldn't mind if they went back and cleaned up all the old legendaries, infusions, and even some of the armors (like this one whose molten lava sleeves aren't animated). A number of them are low-resolution and noticeably dated next to more recent iterations.

BUT, I would want them to leave the old versions in the game. Undoubtedly, some people love the way these things are currently and may have even invested large sums of time and/or money into getting them. I'd hate to turn something they love into something they hate, so if they could offer a polished alternate skin as QoL, I think that'd satisfy the whole family.

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:I wouldn't mind if they went back and cleaned up all the old legendaries, infusions, and even some of the armors (like this one whose molten lava sleeves aren't animated). A number of them are low-resolution and noticeably dated next to more recent iterations.

BUT, I would want them to leave the old versions in the game. Undoubtedly, some people love the way these things are currently and may have even invested large sums of time and/or money into getting them. I'd hate to turn something they love into something they hate, so if they could offer a polished alternate skin as QoL, I think that'd satisfy the whole family.

I got your point, but is Eternity deserve to be better looking since day one? ( they do updated the effect like 5 yrs ago) but still not good enough. and thats why the pricing on TP never gone up.

Even Exordium look better then Eternity. ( i am a veteran, I had Eternity more then 4 yrs. if i craft legendary GW today i defiantly will pick Exordium)

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:I wouldn't mind if they went back and cleaned up all the old legendaries, infusions, and even some of the armors

And while you may like the "cleaned up" effects, what happens for those who don't? What about those who soulbound a legendary worth 4k gold, years ago, and were very happy with their choice, yet all of a sudden wake up to find their weapon now has an effect they don't like?

This is why ANET is unlikely to do it: they risk angering just as many (if not more) people than they would please.

The biggest comment I heard years ago was the lack of a noticeable footfall for various Legendaries.

Some had great ones that stayed around for a second or so before fading, 3-D effects, and gave the notion that a great weapon had traveled in this direction. And there were those that you have to know are there to see them, blend into the ground, and fade as soon as the foot leaves the ground.

I wouldn't mind adventuring for a single effect to be added to certain Ascended weapons: footfalls, draw/stow animation, or animated projectiles.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:And while you may like the "cleaned up" effects, what happens for those who don't?

I do wish you'd read my entire post; I already answered that question.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:BUT, I would want them to leave the old versions in the game. Undoubtedly, some people love the way these things are currently and may have even invested large sums of time and/or money into getting them. I'd hate to turn something they love into something they hate, so if they could offer a polished alternate skin as QoL, I think that'd satisfy the whole family.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:And while you may like the "cleaned up" effects, what happens for those who don't?

I do wish you'd read my entire post; I already answered that question.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:BUT, I would want them to leave the old versions in the game. Undoubtedly, some people love the way these things are currently and may have even invested large sums of time and/or money into getting them. I'd hate to turn something they love into something they hate, so if they could offer a polished alternate skin as QoL, I think that'd satisfy the whole family.

If I took the time to read your entire post, it would have seriously delayed my rush to post my personal opinion on what I did read...

My bad <3

If they took that approach, there is really no reason it couldn't be done. They could unlock a separate skin in the wardrobe and folks could use a transmutation charge to change it - easy implementation, but likely to cause outrage because transmutation charges are 'hard' for some people, which means ANET might have to instead cook up a UI change...ah, see where it starts to go wrong...

Look, you can't even select a block of text from the chat box in order to copy/paste it (eg. a discord address), a feature that was present in GW1 (a now 15 yr old game), and something which I bet a handful of forum posters here could implement if given the access.

It's all well and good to share ideas on how to improve the game, but when the simple and obvious things go overlooked for so long, I struggle to rally behind it, not because the idea is bad, but because I know it just wont get traction with the developer. Sorry for being jaded :anguished:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:My bad <3

All good, my dude. The forums are a wild and unpredictable place.

If they took that approach, there is really no reason it couldn't be done. They could unlock a separate skin in the wardrobe and folks could use a transmutation charge to change it - easy implementation

You'd think, but they seem hesitant to do it that way. They improved the Shining Aureate weapon set shortly after release, but chose not to leave the old versions in. Not as big a deal since the weapons were brand new and people hadn't gotten too attached yet, but that's an example of the way they do things.

I really do wish they'd consider alternate skins instead of only replacements though; they've done it in the past in order to sell gem store items, and they're doing it right now with the Steel Warband weapons, so it's not like there's an upper limit on how many skins can be in the wardrobe. ..unless there is. What a terrible thought.

Well, there it is, my new phobia for 2020.