Mesmer, the biggest trash can in the game

ZeteCommander.4937

There is no doubt that this is the masterpiece of balanced team.

The worst core mechanismAll clones are just ammunition packs.Compared with other professions, the Mesmer's ammo pack can be easily destroyed and restricted by terrain.Because of this, Mesmer always need to choose flash.

The worst core TraitI wonder how the junk Trait like Chaotic Interruption was designed.It's really hard to choose one of the three junk Trait that is not so bad.

The worst weaponMost Phantasm skills can't hit the moving target,A few of the skills that can hit player have their damage removed,Let's see what they did to staff 3 ,No damage, no functionality, long cd .

The elite who receive the most unfair balanceMirage ,Features that require endurance drive have no endurance available.Chronomancer,The defective version of the core.

I'd like to know if reducing the number of mesmer's player will create more revenue for your company? Or reducing the number of players will increase the income of your balanced team

Mirage's mechanic is a cursed design problem.

Its so ridiculously good that in order to balance it you have to neuter it completly, therefore breaking the class in half. Mirage is totally binary, either OP as fuck or UP as fuck, no inbetween. They'd have to redo it from scratch in a totally different direction, and that'll never happen.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion they gave up with mesmer, the recent updates (February 2020? Dont know for sure, its the first time i looked into the forum since they neutered Chrono), show it. Best way to leave this once great game and head for greener hills. This Garbage Game had its golden days, but the devs definitly fucked it up. I remember the hours i spend in guild wars 1..fantastic hours. So much variety on build your Build. Sure, it had its balancing problems... but compared to the crappy Gw2 it was genious. How could they fuck up the franchise like that?

@Lyndina.7984 said:In my opinion they gave up with mesmer, the recent updates (February 2020? Dont know for sure, its the first time i looked into the forum since they neutered Chrono), show it. Best way to leave this once great game and head for greener hills. This Garbage Game had its golden days, but the devs definitly kitten it up. I remember the hours i spend in guild wars 1..fantastic hours. So much variety on build your Build. Sure, it had its balancing problems... but compared to the crappy Gw2 it was genious. How could they kitten up the franchise like that?

Unfortunately, right now I don't know whether to feel sorry for or laugh at the people who decided to waste their time on this class or game for the last year or two. I'm just glad I didn't. The only sad part about that for me isn't the game anymore as much as the fact that Pre-PoF I obviously never thought or wanted to feel that way to begin with.

@"Konrad Curze.5130" said:Mirage's mechanic is a cursed design problem.

Its so ridiculously good that in order to balance it you have to neuter it completly, therefore breaking the class in half. Mirage is totally binary, either OP as kitten or UP as kitten, no inbetween. They'd have to redo it from scratch in a totally different direction, and that'll never happen.

I don't know I think I'd argue it's hard, not cursed. Seems like they could reduce evade frames per dodge (so like dodges only last 1/2 second instead of 3/4) to ensure that the promise of a new mechanic still meshes with the promise of a well-balanced competitive game-play mode. The mirage cloak mechanic itself isn't crazy: ambush skills are good but not wild (certainly no more egregious than core thief stealth attacks), and the only other advantage is ability to dodge without self-interrupting, which gives 3/4 second extra time that you can do skills while evading. Sure it was a bit much, and they got the solution half right: decrease evade uptime. It was just overdone by using the endurance mechanic instead of the harder approach of changing evade uptime per unit endurance.

@kybraga.7103I would say you cant really have an RPG type fantasy mmo like gw2 without some type of illusionist/Mesmer/Enchanter class. It would be like not having some kind of hunter/ranger class, or not having wiz/ele. It would just make the game look vacant, bland and uninteresting. What should it be all swords and daggers pure mele brawl fest without magic, fantasy and flavor? What about guardian with all its symbols and fire. Is that ok or still too much strange magic without enough steel stick smacking?

What about rifles? What about DeadEye? How it is those fit but Mesmer doesnt somehow? What about necromancers and the way in gw2 they dont need to use corpses to summon. Is that ok? How does Holosmith make any sense at all if mesmer doesnt fit? I mean if mesmer doesnt fit nothing but the most vanilla Warrior fits I guess, right?

Also Mesmer is an integral part of Guild Wars 1 and 2. The suggestion it somehow doesnt fit seems misguided.

@Goosekilla.2796 said:

Its so ridiculously good that in order to balance it you have to neuter it completly, therefore breaking the class in half. Mirage is totally binary, either OP as kitten or UP as kitten, no inbetween. They'd have to redo it from scratch in a totally different direction, and that'll never happen.

I don't know I think I'd argue it's hard, not cursed. Seems like they could reduce evade frames per dodge (so like dodges only last 1/2 second instead of 3/4) to ensure that the promise of a new mechanic still meshes with the promise of a well-balanced competitive game-play mode. The mirage cloak mechanic itself isn't crazy: ambush skills are good but not wild (certainly no more egregious than core thief stealth attacks), and the only other advantage is ability to dodge without self-interrupting, which gives 3/4 second extra time that you can do skills while evading. Sure it was a bit much, and they got the solution half right: decrease evade uptime. It was just overdone by using the endurance mechanic instead of the harder approach of changing evade uptime per unit endurance.

Dropping the evade frame on MC to 1/2s would make it effectively useless, when you factor in average server latency.

@MidJuly.1839 said:

Dropping the evade frame on MC to 1/2s would make it effectively useless, when you factor in average server latency.

as useless as skills having 1/2s evade frames?

@MidJuly.1839 said:

MC used to be 1s originally. It started out as 1 second because Mirage loses its ability to move away from danger when it dodges due to MC mechanic. In other words, MC has a build in trade off in which using MC as a replacement for dodge reduces mobility in the sense that normal dodge has a distance component (the roll distance) which in addition to providing 3/4 evade normal dodge also has the advantage of providing mobility (movement) away from compat range, AE ground rings, etc. However, MC is stuck in one place. It used to get super speed too to compensate for its lack of directional movement. People felt the longer evade frame was unfair so it was lowered to 3/4 (same as dodge) yet MC still lacks the movement component and also no longer gives super speed.

In other words this would be really really pointless and would just make MC totally useless. 1/2 sec evade for athe dodge skill just to get 2 dodges back is stupid. MC is the only thing that makes Mirage not be core. It needs to be compelling. It should give 3/4 and get super speed back,

If you want to suggest a fix for Mirage its not that. I think dropping MC for normal dodge with extra endurance regen like DD gets would make more sense at least. the problem would be then no ambush skills and therefore, again no Mirage class.

Mirage was fine before the Feb 25th 2 dodge change it was NOT overperforming in pvp/wvw anymore anyway. This entire situation in insane. Anet devs are delusional.

• 2 weeks later...

@Moradorin.6217 said:

MC used to be 1s originally. It started out as 1 second because Mirage loses its ability to move away from danger when it dodges due to MC mechanic. In other words, MC has a build in trade off in which using MC as a replacement for dodge reduces mobility in the sense that normal dodge has a distance component (the roll distance) which in addition to providing 3/4 evade normal dodge also has the advantage of providing mobility (movement) away from compat range, AE ground rings, etc. However, MC is stuck in one place. It used to get super speed too to compensate for its lack of directional movement. People felt the longer evade frame was unfair so it was lowered to 3/4 (same as dodge) yet MC still lacks the movement component and also no longer gives super speed.

In other words this would be really really pointless and would just make MC totally useless. 1/2 sec evade for athe dodge skill just to get 2 dodges back is stupid. MC is the only thing that makes Mirage not be core. It needs to be compelling. It should give 3/4 and get super speed back,

If you want to suggest a fix for Mirage its not that. I think dropping MC for normal dodge with extra endurance regen like DD gets would make more sense at least. the problem would be then no ambush skills and therefore, again no Mirage class.

Mirage was fine before the Feb 25th 2 dodge change it was NOT overperforming in pvp/wvw anymore anyway. This entire situation in insane. Anet devs are delusional.

Mirage was not fine before Feb 25th. It was not ran in competitive sPvP at all. It just needed to move away from relying on ranged illusion for dealing damage and buffs in most of the other areas.

Now, Mirage specifically, but also the entity of sPvP, is a fucking joke.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

Thanks for expanding upon the subject, I guess? :lol:

@Moradorin.6217 said:

At this point I'd accept that as a fix. They could give us our endurance back and have ambush skills available for about a second after you use a dodge and call it good. The two main issues would be how that impacts Condi DPS mirage in pve and how IH would work without MC. They could always leave pve mirage with MC and remove it in WvW/Spvp, which would probably be less jarring to players than literally losing half of their endurance bar when swapping between game modes. As far as how IH would be changed in WvW/Spvp, something along the lines of providing clones with Aegis and having them use ambush attacks would probably be fine as long as damage numbers are tweaked so as not to be out of hand.

@Jables.4659 said:

At this point I'd accept that as a fix. They could give us our endurance back and have ambush skills available for about a second after you use a dodge and call it good. The two main issues would be how that impacts Condi DPS mirage in pve and how IH would work without MC. They could always leave pve mirage with MC and remove it in WvW/Spvp, which would probably be less jarring to players than literally losing half of their endurance bar when swapping between game modes. As far as how IH would be changed in WvW/Spvp, something along the lines of providing clones with Aegis and having them use ambush attacks would probably be fine as long as damage numbers are tweaked so as not to be out of hand.

IH dmg numbers are ass already