Is there a reason those "Limited-Use" finishers has to be typed out to delete?

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:The masterwork quality tonics (Spooky Skeleton and Ghost) make you type out the name, too. It gets old fast. :\

Those I at least get 1 or 2 of at a time so I could easily just double-click those away so I haven't noticed that, but I can see that being really annoying. The Finishers you can double-click away but I've had times I would have 20+ of those which.... I'm not interested in slaughtering my mouse to get rid of them like that.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I just put them in my Finisher wardrobe. That’s faster.

How does one goes about doing this? I can let them rot in my wardrobe as I never use finishers.

Click on the Finisher, accept use. It will take you to the Finisher wardrobe. From there it’s either already put in or you can put it in (it’s been a while. I think it’s whether or not you have one or multiples to put in there).

I cant really work out why they even have to go into inventory at all. Would have thought just having those auto add into that finishers menu (or wherever the heck they go) would help made more sense. Or just a "consume all" or normal delete would be nice, anything to get rid of them quickly. Having to type them out to delete them is quite frustrating.

@Emissary Vex.5690 said:You either double click them or right click and choose use. The finisher will be consumed and the correct amount of uses will be added to your finishers

I'll guess I'll autoclicker those away as I don't want to kill my mouse.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:I cant really work out why they even have to go into inventory at all. Would have thought just having those auto add into that finishers menu (or wherever the heck they go) would help made more sense. Or just a "consume all" or normal delete would be nice, anything to get rid of them quickly. Having to type them out to delete them is quite frustrating.

I'm wondering why not every consumable (that isn't food as those don't usually stack I don't think) don't have a consume all to them.

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I'm not whining as I'm still having to do it either way, but not really seeing why those out of the things I've gotten from the trick or treat bags have to be typed out.

my belief is that anything that has to be "typed out" to delete is because someone once whined to Anet that they deleted it accidentally.

so annoying ...

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I just let them stack up until the end of the event and then deal with them all at once. It's just a few inventory slots that you're not really reclaiming by dealing with them earlier, because you'll have more of the stuff before you know it. (That goes for all the halloween stuff.)

This. Only thing I'm worrying about clearing is candy corn, and that's because I'm converting it into cobs as I get enough. The rest I can't see any reason to worry about since as soon as I open another pile of bags, boof, there is the exact same stuff again. Once event is over, that's when it will be time to reclaim all that space in my bags.

@Chip H.3951 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:I just let them stack up until the end of the event and then deal with them all at once. It's just a few inventory slots that you're not really reclaiming by dealing with them earlier, because you'll have more of the stuff before you know it. (That goes for all the halloween stuff.)

This. Only thing I'm worrying about clearing is candy corn, and that's because I'm converting it into cobs as I get enough. The rest I can't see any reason to worry about since as soon as I open another pile of bags, boof, there is the exact same stuff again. Once event is over, that's when it will be time to reclaim all that space in my bags.

The temporary "inventory tax" gets worse every year though. I just counted 28 slots occupied by stackable Halloween bag drops. That's not counting the bags themselves, candy corn and the rare stuff.

I was able to toss some without typing the name (had 3 different ones from past events in bank - very long time). I consumed 2 of them for temp uses in my wardrobe and just dragged the other stack out of my inventory. There was an "Are you sure?" dialog box, if I remember correctly, but I just clicked yes and smiled at the open bank slots that I can fill with other, random items soon.

I had never noticed that I could bank uses in the wardrobe, so thanks for the tip everyone!

What's the maximum amount of finishers you can have stored in your wardrobe though? Won't you eventually be stuck with the same thing.. having to type out the stupid names to get rid of these common as dirt items with no value? I don't ever want to actually use the damn things as my finisher, not that I use finishers often., but I prefer super explosive when I do. Ultimately we should be able to delete the stupid things without typing the name when there's nothing else you can do with them and they have no value.

I think they need to do a pass for ALL items that have this flag to make them hard to delete. There's so many collection items that have no purpose other than to be unlocked in a collection that cannot be salvaged or sold and they make them hard to delete. It's stupid.

Some mat you need to hold onto that's NOT in a collection and is hard to get, that you make hard to delete, legendaries and ascended gear, things like pema bank contracts or hair kits, those you make hard to delete. Not trash that has no other use.

Archived