Dear Anet, bleeding sucks, fix pl0x

Bleeding, the redheaded stepchild of conditions. the only one that didnt get a buff ever, and it shows. oh man, how it shows.

I understand that burning is a "burst" condition and bleed is your typical longer-lasting dot. Im ok with it being different from burning, but the current difference is beyond appalling and unjustifiable.Torment can do more damage, and brings something fresh to the table, with the whole move/dont move dynamic. And we have tormenting runes to sweeten the deal, pure gravy.Confusion hits like a truck and brings something fresh to the table, with the cast/dont cast stuff dynamicEven poison has more damage, and it brings a heal debuff to the table on top of its damage.Bleed? yeah, its plain boring. and what else? oh, it also sucks. baaaaaaaaaad

This has led to the GW2 lottery: is your condi proffesion bleed based?no, it isnt? congratz, you won the lottery, your class is awesome and probably in high demand.is it? too bad, you suck, go cry in a corner nerd.

Cut the duration of all bleed skills by 50% and increase its damage likewise across the board, and maybe add something "extra". This would still have bleed being worse than burning, but not by THAT much.

I want to kill things with damage, not with tickles. I could swear Im seeing mobs grow a beard and die of old age, rather than off my conditions.

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:Bleeding, the redheaded stepchild of conditions. the only one that didnt get a buff ever, and it shows. oh man, how it shows.

I understand that burning is a burst condition and bleed is a longer-lasting dot. Im ok with it being different from burning, but the current difference is beyond appalling and unjustifiable.Torment can do more damage, and brings something fresh to the table, with the whole move/dont move dynamic. Even poison has more damage, and it brings a heal debuff to the table on top of its damage, pure gravy.

This has led to the GW2 lottery: is your condi proffesion bleed based?no, it isnt? congratz, you won the lottery, your class is awesome and probably in high demand.is it? too bad, you suck, go cry in a corner nerd.

Cut the duration of all bleed skills by 50% and increase its damage likewise across the board. This would still have bleed being worse than burning, but not by THAT much.

I want to kill things with damage, not with tickles. I could swear Im seeing mobs grow a beard and die of old age, rather than off my conditions.

Yet condi slb is s good dps who relied on bleed and poison

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:Bleeding, the redheaded stepchild of conditions. the only one that didnt get a buff ever, and it shows. oh man, how it shows.

I understand that burning is a burst condition and bleed is a longer-lasting dot. Im ok with it being different from burning, but the current difference is beyond appalling and unjustifiable.Torment can do more damage, and brings something fresh to the table, with the whole move/dont move dynamic. Even poison has more damage, and it brings a heal debuff to the table on top of its damage, pure gravy.

Cut the duration of all bleed skills by 50% and increase its damage likewise across the board. This would still have bleed being worse than burning, but not by THAT much.

Yet condi slb is s good dps who relied on bleed and poison

Its not a matter of dps. its a matter of usability and convenience. The dps might eventually add up the same, but outside playing whack-a-mole with damage sponge bosses that stay there for 10 minutes with a thumb up their arse, you'll notice the difference in TTK.

and its even more noticiable in PvP.

load someone with burning and they have a split second to hit the cleanse button or kiss the floorload someone with bleeding, and they can text a friend to discuss yesterday's episode of their favorite show while deciding if they cleanse now or wait until someone puts something actually menacing on them.

I find it funny that on elementalist, the earth attunement says "gain superior damage-over-time" and then you test it and you can instantly say "no, it doesn't". Bleeding would make more sense to work like torment for the movement limiting condition. Don't know what original and useful they could add to it to make it better.

• Like 1

They can change bleed to work similar to how it works in dark souls 3. Where after a certain threshold or stacks if speaking in gw2 terms, bleed will deal a flat amount of damage say x% of max hp and then the counter resets. Granted it stops working like a DoT but might add more flavour to condi builds.Edit: sorry for that weird spam, my internet yeeted out. idk how to delete post.

They can change bleed to work similar to how it works in dark souls 3. Where after a certain threshold or stacks if speaking in gw2 terms, bleed will deal a flat amount of damage say x% of max hp and then the counter resets. Granted it stops working like a DoT but might add more flavour to condi builds.

They can change bleed to work similar to how it works in dark souls 3. Where after a certain threshold or stacks if speaking in gw2 terms, bleed will deal a flat amount of damage say x% of max hp and then the counter resets. Granted it stops working like a DoT but might add more flavour to condi builds.

@"Yggranya.5201" said:I find it funny that on elementalist, the earth attunement says "gain superior damage-over-time" and then you test it and you can instantly say "no, it doesn't". Bleeding would make more sense to work like torment for the movement limiting condition. Don't know what original and useful they could add to it to make it better.

That's true, I noticed the same thing, all of the condi on elementalist is on Fire, which is supposed to be the Power damage of the 3. If anything they probably have the 2 reversed, and over time Earth became the Tanky bit with descriptions that dont fit.

@Naxos.2503 said:

@"Yggranya.5201" said:I find it funny that on elementalist, the earth attunement says "gain superior damage-over-time" and then you test it and you can instantly say "no, it doesn't". Bleeding would make more sense to work like torment for the movement limiting condition. Don't know what original and useful they could add to it to make it better.

That's true, I noticed the same thing, all of the condi on elementalist is on Fire, which is supposed to be the Power damage of the 3. If anything they probably have the 2 reversed, and over time Earth became the Tanky bit with descriptions that dont fit.

Too bad you are much tankier on water attunement than earth. At least on weaver.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:I find it funny that on elementalist, the earth attunement says "gain superior damage-over-time" and then you test it and you can instantly say "no, it doesn't". Bleeding would make more sense to work like torment for the movement limiting condition. Don't know what original and useful they could add to it to make it better.

Too bad you are much tankier on water attunement than earth. At least on weaver.

In fact, hopefully the next Espec is something that lets you get new attunements. Example: You have the waters of life that is all about healing, chilling frost that is all about CC and crushing waves that is all about DPS. Something like that for all attunements would give you more focus and options. Maybe it could be a choise in what attunement to focus on fully. Don't know how it would be made and balanced, but it's something to consider nonetheless.

Is it duration?Or maybe the stacks that certain skills achieve vs. the other standard by-design 1-stack-bleeding skills¿?

I've seen up to 12 stacks of bleeding applied in a very short time by certain soulbeasts/pistoldagger thievesAlso necros apply... 1 stack of it wiht a markHolos can apply 1 3 or 5 stacks with sword 2

Its damage coefficient is a notch too strong. Like like torment, poison or confusion. For some reason burn feels a bit balanced btw