Which class "suits" Celestial gear the best?

Sifu.9745

I have 35 Charged Quartz Crystals in my bank, which can be used to craft celestial armor/weapons. I can craft 6 pieces of gear + one weapon + buy 5 ascended celestial trinkets for Laurels. Now i have been looking for the "right" class for my celestial equipment. I have nothing special in my mind, just want to craft it for fun and for building up my professions, so no fractals and raids, don't worry :) Maybe for WvW and solo play only, not yet sure.

I have been thinking about Elementalist (tailoring and weaponsmith both 430 +), but i am not sure what weapon should i go for: Staff, Daggers, maybe Sword? Scepter is out of question i guess. Or what about Guardian/Firebrand: Mace/x + Axe/x? Can't think of any other class. Engie maybe or Mesmer?And it doesn't need to be full celestial btw. Maybe weapons, boots and gloves with other stats, it doesn't really matter.

@starlinvf.1358 said:For WvW Cele is favored for mid-line Eles and Front Line Guardians. There were other Cele builds for WvW, but they're a lot less compelling in the current meta. PvE doesn't use them for anything particular, and I can't think of a single Raid comp that would even allow it.

I don't have in mind raids, just open world solo and group content + some WvW.

I actually use celestial armor for Druid/Ranger, with weapons and trinkets that boost healing power and/or condition damage. It's been pretty comfortable. I am not super tanky, but I can usually dive into a melee to revive someone without dying. I am not a DPS machine, but I can take out a fair number of not-too-vicious champions solo, with care. More experienced players prefer certain builds for certain purposes, but it seems to me that when you are soloing, a generalized build is called for.

There was a day and age where Celestial d/d elementalist was the opressive ruler of all... I've been playing Sw/D Weaver and it's relatively effective. It cannot match Scourge and Spellbreakers but let's be honest, nobody can match these two unless you're a Deadeye at 1500 range.

Cele is pretty good on anything except maybe thief.

As I'm sure you've noticed almost every class has condi built into it to provide the option of going condi.; if you're power, you just ignore the random bleeds and burns and stuff you throw out. And for competitive play those defensive stats really make a huge difference.

Another point, I made ascended cele armor for my ranger a few years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I can now play basically any build and just customize it via trinkets (i.e. if I wanted to play a condi focused WvW build, I'd want the toughness/vit/HP that cele armor offers, then I get the added condi from trinkets.) Plus I can use it on my engi or even thief if I wanted.

@Sifu.9745 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:For WvW Cele is favored for mid-line Eles and Front Line Guardians. There were other Cele builds for WvW, but they're a lot less compelling in the current meta. PvE doesn't use them for anything particular, and I can't think of a single Raid comp that would even allow it.

I don't have in mind raids, just open world solo and group content + some WvW.

While not as effective as ele, you might be surprised that Mesmer is actually pretty good with half cele gear (don't go full cele).

I was roaming wvw with cele/viper chrono for the last year and a half with good success, and now mirage is good in the same stats thanks to vigour (can maintain effectively perma vigour) being 150 Condi damage and staff ambush with endurance food and either BD or shattered strength stacking even more might. In pve open world you can take IH and line up your clones to stack a lot of might every time you dodge. In wvw though you do need to use elusive mind but still can have a decent amount of might, though will need to rely on half viper stats to boost damage.

Archived