GW2 Taco overlay for Halloween Clock Tower?

Cossack.3126

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:What is a taco overlay may I ask?

TACO is the TACtical Overlay for GW2 that uses the GW2 API for mumble to determine your location in game and overlay your monitor with on-screen markers for various things of interest. For example, there are TACO plug-ins that show near-perfect routes for non-festival JPs, the golden coins in Silverwastes & Dry Top (and similar scavenger hunt items), farming routes for your favorite ore, and so on.

Like any third party tool, it's use-at-your-own risk, but since it doesn't interact directly with the game (and uses an existing API), it's as 'safe' as anything we DL from the net. (That is: be very cautious from where you get your copy of the EXE.)

The main page for TACO includes links to some of the more popular plug-ins. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to google/bing/gdg the location. (although if you can't find it, I'm happy to post the link later)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:What is a taco overlay may I ask?

TACO is the TACtical Overlay for GW2 that uses the GW2 API for mumble to determine your location in game and overlay your monitor with on-screen markers for various things of interest. For example, there are TACO plug-ins that show near-perfect routes for non-festival JPs, the golden coins in Silverwastes & Dry Top (and similar scavenger hunt items), farming routes for your favorite ore, and so on.

Like any third party tool, it's use-at-your-own risk, but since it doesn't interact directly with the game (and uses an existing API), it's as 'safe' as anything we DL from the net. (That is: be very cautious from where you get your copy of the EXE.)

The main page for TACO includes links to some of the more popular plug-ins. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to google/bing/gdg the location. (although if you can't find it, I'm happy to post the link later)

Trying it out, it seems interesting. Even found a jumping puzzle I didn't even know exist in Lion's Arch with it.Needs a bit of tweaking though as certain things need to go into the same menu multiple times due to having to click on multiple things to turn them on or off.

Funny that you asked. I can share the poidata text that's shown on the video below. It's not perfect and I couldn't pack the jump icons densely enough for it to be super useful. There's also lots of other QoL stuff that needs to be addressed in it as well. Since that video was shot I've updated the marker locations a bit.

What I would like is some feedback on my route if it is suitable for those struggling with it or if there would be some things that could be done better etc.

Here are the markers as promised: https://pastebin.com/Z0m6aKtf

Installation

1. Download the text and add .xml to the end of the filename OR copy the text and make a file named Festival_Halloween_MadKingsClockTower.xml in notepad
  2. Place the downloaded/created .xml file to gw2tacofolder/POIs folder where there's lots of other xml files too

Use

1. Run taco (I don't know if it needs to be restarted if it was on already when the pois were added)
  2. Tactical display needs to be on (1st option in taco's dropdown menu or 4th if it's on already)
  3. If you don't want to see the markers anymore filter them through tacos UI in Filter Displayed Tactical Markers->Festivals->Halloween->Mad King's Clock Tower

Continuing updating the markers is on the table and I'm not satisfied with them completely but Here they are. When I'm satisfied with them I might try to get them to be included in gw2taco's releases.

Have fun jumping! (cackling)

This is so against ToS I can't wrap my head around how you didn't get banned for this already. Anets hypocrisy strikes again.

By definition any 3rd party software that gives players advantage is against ToS - this does give advantage - if it didn't nobody would use it so yeah the only reason why it is "safe" as said above is because anet has limited ability to detect it or they just don't care. But they should be relentless in banning these that get caught and I sincerely hope you do.

@Nutshel.7264 said:Exactly! It provides more information or in more easily accessible way than the game itself meaning it does provide advantage over these that do not use such tools. Meaning it is/should be against the ToS.

Does having a better computer that allows you to alt tab without your game freezing give you an advantage over me when it comes to having information on hand?Or how about having two monitors so you don't have to alt tab at all. Does that give you an advantage over me?

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Nutshel.7264 said:Exactly! It provides more information or in more easily accessible way than the game itself meaning it does provide advantage over these that do not use such tools. Meaning it is/should be against the ToS.

Does having a better computer that allows you to alt tab without your game freezing give you an advantage over me when it comes to having information on hand?Or how about having two monitors so you don't have to alt tab at all. Does that give you an advantage over me?

Yes! It's against ToS rules and you're an evil evil person. You shouldn't use more than one screen.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

Yes! It's against ToS rules and you're an evil evil person. You shouldn't use more than one screen.

What about one giant screen?

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

What about one giant screen?

That would be a huge disadvantage. As now you have to turn your head even more which can mess your neck up. Better to do with a smaller screen. Against ToS once again.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

ToS regulates 3rd party software not hardware the game is ran on. Also having information displayed in game is different than having some tutorial in browser - data is presented in different way and is freely accessible to anyone without interfering with the game itself. You may not like what I am saying but you are stretching for excuses.

@Nutshel.7264 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

ToS regulates 3rd party software not hardware the game is ran on. Also having information displayed in game is different than having some tutorial in browser - data is presented in different way and is freely accessible to anyone without interfering with the game itself. You may not like what I am saying but you are stretching for excuses.

TaCo does not play the game for you. TaCo does not provide any information you could not get from watch youtube or going to dulfy. Anyone who wanted to can access this information. There is no information provided by TaCo that could not be gathered from the wiki, dulfy, or youtube.How exactly is it providing an advantage over other players?

As I said above, difference is in how the data is presented - instead of looking at something and remembering it/consulting if it is on off screen you get literal arrow pointing to objective in game and that is huge difference.

If you don't think it gives you any advantage there is no point in using it and you shouldn't be using it because why have something pointless running on you pc? If you insist on running it anyways it means you do get something out of it. Meaning it is advantageous to have it running meaning it is against ToS and you should not be running it. No matter how one looks at it - objectively it is against ToS.

If it would not give an advantage over using a guide on a website, alt-tabbing or using 2 monitors people would not use it but instead check the guide, alt-tab or use 2 monitors. Saying it does not give an advantage is the nonsense here and comparing it to the DPS meter topic is a strawman argument chosen only because the DPS meter has been given an ok by ArenaNet. You people are so obvious.

@onevstheworld.2419 said:Stop hyperventilating everyone. Anet have said that Taco doesn't break any of thier rules.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/66m13h/anet_this_really_should_be_part_of_the_game/dgjyrji/

Didn't think it did. They would've stopped it's operations if it did.I only heard about arcsdps about a month ago, but when I checked it out, Arenanet did stop it's procedures until they did some technical things with the creator and then gave it the AOK to use it even though "just remember it's 3rd party so use at your own risk".

Seeing this is thing is out there and Arenanet did nothing about it, I think it's safe to say Arenanet once again is "just use at your own risk", but have no problems.

Archived