Everyone says Spellbreaker or Scourge are OP?

syntohras.1064

The boon hate from scourge and spellbreaker are discouraging groups from pushing and encouraging pirateshipping, so its kind of a double edged sword.

Weaver is pretty useless for groups in wvw, at least when compared to Tempest. Elementalist has too many issues atm and is really limited in what kind of builds it can bring to WvW. It is really either Auramancer Healbot or Glass cannon. Healbot is preferable because the high damage build leaves ele's very vulnerable and the damage can be accomplished on other professions running safer builds.

Here are some core problems with Elementalists:-Low hp and armor really limit build diversity-No weapon swap, so you are basically limited to one set. For zerging its usually Staff which is slow, and has seen damage nerfs. Meteor shower can do a good amount of damage but its a long cast and it roots you, so its not reliable because you are usually always moving.-High learning curve, and having to learn so many skills will turn off a lot of players, it is not a skill spam class but requires proper situational use.

Normally I always played staff ele until auramancer minstrel tempest was getting into the meta. But now with PoF, tempest auramancer isn't really that useful anymore because of the massive boonstrips. And being in the front for an auramancer ele isn't really that fun anymore because condi bombs make you melt way too easy. Surely you can trait for it and take it in mind so you can avoid condi as much as possible, but that goes at the cost of your own effectiveness as auramancer. Then there's the support other classes can now apply to groups post PoF which is another reason to discard auramancer tempests.

Been playing staff weaver, which makes you do less waters, but overall more dps. With the pirateship meta, it actually works well with staff weaver thanks to the 1200 range. You can stay out of condi bombs and still be useful when you position yourself well. Adding twist of fate beside mist form and lightning flash is quite useful and saved me plenty times by now.

But it's true, at times I rarely see a weaver around. And it's mostly all scourges, firebrands and some spellbreakers.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Coldtart.4785 said:I can guarantee you there is no such thing as a weaver build with high damage and high sustain.

But I guarantee there is one for Spellbreaker

Since HoT, Warriors have always been able to sustain very well while still going glassy (Berserker anyone ?)

@Hexalot.8194 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Coldtart.4785 said:I can guarantee you there is no such thing as a weaver build with high damage and high sustain.

But I guarantee there is one for Spellbreaker

Since HoT, Warriors have always been able to sustain very well while still going glassy (Berserker anyone ?)

Yeah, but Berserker is shit now since the nerfs to Primal Burst interaction with Adrenaline traits. The only other Warrior that I fear that isn't a Spellbreaker is the Might Makes Right Core Warrior.

I tried weaver in wvw. You very quickly put on 'stay in attunement' which takes up a slot..because waiting for the attunement to move fully across gets you killed in fast moving battles. And then you realise you are better off going back to tempest and have wasted all that time checking out weaver.

Tempest for wvw. Weaver can be useful in pve where there isn't so many things that stun lock you or spam condis on you.

@Vermillion.4061 said:Sure weaver can hit pretty high and top DPS meters if the enemy stands still.

You say it like this isn't something that is going to happen but then again BoRP who everyone loved to tout as the best guild in NA was standing in them and dieing over and over. hehe

@Offair.2563 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Wait till full counter is nerfed, it's basically what carries spellbreakers.

Ok i'll wait 2 years.

the issue is not a nerf to Full counter, th eproblem is the skill design itself and its very short duration even guard mace 3 block has 12-15 seconds CD lawl.

Every 8 seconds a unblockables aoe daze that will hit players trough block and remove boon and give some stability and evasion, plus the traits buffing full counter...

If ANet managed to make stabilty work w/p spam n stack and be coutnered w/o gimmicks this full counter could exist...

@Joseph.7213 said:I'm glad nobody here has actually played weaver and just talks out of their kitten.

Keep it up.

Ppl have and it realy comes down to you can do dmg but you lose every thing else. In effect if you have to self support you lose your bomb for a good 4 to 8 sec and you still may be low hp. Weaver is a class of very much lock in places for what your going to do over the next few sec that was the ideal behind the class but it comply destroys it in wvw where 4 sec is a life time. Things like spellbreakers and scourge can use all of there effect all of the time with out locking them self into set ways to play. If these classes need to run or stay alive often there tools and effect are one in the same for there dmg and offsiev effects as there def effects.

Wvw is a game of being some what tankly OR a game of high evasion if you do not have one of these effects your far from an op class.

Any way hammer rev dose power dmg soo much better then weaver and still is a very tankly class so....

@syntohras.1064 said:What is with weaver? DMG High, Sustain high, Heal high and and?

You leave out a few things here too and your using the "what about" trick that getting used to erode arguments about one thing making it a fasle logic that one thing is not or is ok because another thing unrelated is one way or another.

The main thing lost is that classes like spellbreaker IS making weaver dmg more effective to a lesser point scourge too. So yes this is all on spellbreaker and scourge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

I met few good weaver roamers... but i tried it in group play, and its too high risk gameplay... you too often stay behind the group and somebody focus you, or weaver die in choke point situations .... if im playing group glass staff... i pick core ele, better survivability. For range dps u still get better option like hammer rev...

@Jski.6180 said:

@Joseph.7213 said:I'm glad nobody here has actually played weaver and just talks out of their kitten.

Keep it up.

Ppl have and it realy comes down to you can do dmg but you lose every thing else. In effect if you have to self support you lose your bomb for a good 4 to 8 sec and you still may be low hp. Weaver is a class of very much lock in places for what your going to do over the next few sec that was the ideal behind the class but it comply destroys it in wvw where 4 sec is a life time. Things like spellbreakers and scourge can use all of there effect all of the time with out locking them self into set ways to play. If these classes need to run or stay alive often there tools and effect are one in the same for there dmg and offsiev effects as there def effects.

Wvw is a game of being some what tankly OR a game of high evasion if you do not have one of these effects your far from an op class.

Any way hammer rev dose power dmg soo much better then weaver and still is a very tankly class so....

I feel like I'm responding to someone who was hopelessly tutored in afterschool sessions by their impossibly patient English teacher.

Weaver damage is more than enough to claim multiple spots in a competent group.

Revenant hammer does not do more damage in a fight lasting longer than a few seconds.

Weaver is extremely fun to play but being higher on damage is a laughable statement. To get that extreme burst damage you literally have to forgo all defensive traits, stats, and build entirely for fire burst and run certain weps (usually scepter some dagger). Even then if someone looks at you funny from 1200 range you fall over and play dead, quite literally. People that have seen HUGE bursts are fighting full glass. That can be done on literally every build/class. Anyone remember the fun of running into a full glass longbow ranger?

Its doable but the youll see them very few and far between because its a really risky build to play.

Archived