Why is there a gliding/mounts dead zone in Hoelbrak?

Near the entrance to Hoelbrak there is a rather large-ish area where gliding and mounts are disabled though I can't see any real reason why this is. It's not so in the rest of the city but just that area around the entrance and Eir's Homestead. It's not a big deal really just something odd that I've been wondering about. :P

You used to be able to run on the roof of the cave behind the Bear Lodge and get to the edge of the map if you glided onto the rocks to the east of the Wolf Lodge, just north of the Eastern Watchpost Waypoint. They put up a wall to stop that but I expect the Springer and the Griffin could get up there. So probably too many places in that area where the map could be broken.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:I noticed it when doing zone completion on a new character. I assume there is a JP in the area maybe?

Nope ... on the other hand you can just run through Troll's Revenge with a mount in LA.

That does seem weird, but disabling mounts in Trolls Revenge would basically mean disabling them in most of LA.

It's a shame when they obviously went to a lot of effort putting those nets up to stop people cheating the puzzle originally, and then first gliding and then mounts made it incredibly easy to cheat. If you remember where the key chests are you can skip the vast majority of the puzzle. But, on the other hand if you want to do the whole thing without cheating the only thing stopping you is you choosing to use mounts/gliding. I like doing the puzzle the original way (yes, really) but I also like knowing if I fall out I can use my springer the same way Necros and Mesmers can use their skills to get back to where I was instead of having to start over. I kind of wish the other puzzles were the same.

Archived