Make the spear on a main weapon with the next expansion.

Halbarz.3854

I've wanted spear as a land weapon for years, was hoping for it with PoF, even though we knew for a long time it would not happen, I do not have any hope left now of them adding it, I hope I am not still playing this game by the time they make another expac, PoF was a total anti climax.

@Arzurag.7506 said:If a spear is carried like staff then no defenitely not.Unique animations or it should never be implemented.

Anet managed Spear animations with Paragons. Why the class was not brought over mostly intact baffles me, it is a very good group support profession with short term buff shouts very similar to what they have done here.

Considering spears were actual widely used weapons, unlike swords which were merely backup/defensive tools, I'm always baffled why they are so rarely portrayed in media.Spears are awesome and I would love them being introduced as ground weapons with unique animations.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Give me whips too, and greataxes, crossbows, flails, shurikens, katanas (Greatswords don't work well as one), gloves (brass knuckles/push daggers/etc), Chakrams, and some other weapons that I can't remember for the life of me at the moment... but they were also ranged weapons.

I think a lot of these weapons could be a skin for the existing weapons.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Give me whips too, and greataxes, crossbows, flails, shurikens, katanas (Greatswords don't work well as one), gloves (brass knuckles/push daggers/etc), Chakrams, and some other weapons that I can't remember for the life of me at the moment... but they were also ranged weapons.

I think a lot of these weapons could be a skin for the existing weapons.

Whips won't work for any, greataxes maybe for hammer? Would look really off in many cases like on Revenant though.Flails... no clue.. maybe Mace but it doesn't really fit in my opinion.Shurikens won't fit anything.Katanas won't fit anything. Not Sword or greatsword.Glove-weps won't work on anything due to we have no actual fighting combat animations like that.Chakrams would be the same issue of not working on anything.

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Whips won't work for any, greataxes maybe for hammer? Would look really off in many cases like on Revenant though.Flails... no clue.. maybe Mace but it doesn't really fit in my opinion.Shurikens won't fit anything.Katanas won't fit anything. Not Sword or greatsword.Glove-weps won't work on anything due to we have no actual fighting combat animations like that.Chakrams would be the same issue of not working on anything.

Whips for sword ( many flurry attacks, like thief and mesmer, and main hand ). Also we do already have the whip sword which is definitely a whip.Shirikens > maybe shortbow, but you won't be able to see the weapon on your enemy so it would be not the best choice to add.Flails > MaceKatana > GreatswordUnarmed/Glove > mostly are focus items, and also i doubt they are going to add unarmed combat ( you can use warrior elite or eng elixir ).Chakrams > Axe probably

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Whips won't work for any, greataxes maybe for hammer? Would look really off in many cases like on Revenant though.Flails... no clue.. maybe Mace but it doesn't really fit in my opinion.Shurikens won't fit anything.Katanas won't fit anything. Not Sword or greatsword.Glove-weps won't work on anything due to we have no actual fighting combat animations like that.Chakrams would be the same issue of not working on anything.

Whips for sword ( many flurry attacks, like thief and mesmer, and main hand ). Also we do already have the
which is definitely a whip.Shirikens > maybe shortbow, but you won't be able to see the weapon on your enemy so it would be not the best choice to add.Flails > MaceKatana > GreatswordUnarmed/Glove > mostly are focus items, and also i doubt they are going to add unarmed combat ( you can use warrior elite or eng elixir ).Chakrams > Axe probably

Swords don't have range like a whip would so that doesn't even work at all. Sword range I recall is about 130, that's not good for a whip at all.I can't see Arenanet making a special animation for shurikens on shortbows as doing the shooting animation with them would look off... many skills doesn't even match for it either. Renegade would be one example that it really won't work well on.Greatsword is way too slow for a Katana.

The only axe that Chakram would work on would be for Ranger as they throw their axe. Necro's animation would not work.

I got your point, but you can't ask for a slightly different weapon and pretend to be a new one while is more likely to be a skin.

Sword as whip the only matter is the range? nobody would care ( and better, everybody uses swords ).Greatsword and katana? Same We do have belinda sword, so GS=KATANA

Shurikens is probably the only one i have doubts about, since could be maybe pistol ( since it's 1h and could be fun with thief 3 p/p ) or shorbow ( which is condition on every class ). i would prefer shortbow cause it would be easier and more condition oriented.

@Shirlias.8104 said:I got your point, but you can't ask for a slightly different weapon and pretend to be a new one while is more likely to be a skin.

Sword as whip the only matter is the range? nobody would care ( and better, everybody uses swords ).Greatsword and katana? Same We do have belinda sword, so GS=KATANA

Shurikens is probably the only one i have doubts about, since could be maybe pistol ( since it's 1h and could be fun with thief 3 p/p ) or shorbow ( which is condition on every class ). i would prefer shortbow cause it would be easier and more condition oriented.

Whip would have range, would have some decent attacks.Maybe a dazing attack, an attack that pulls enemies into the center.A confusing attack (can twirl them to cause this).A crippling attack as it aim for the feet.An attack to pull the enemy in close.A stun or frozen/jaded attack. (would have the description to say that it knocks the weapon out of the enemies hand briefly or something).

Just swinging and slashing with a whip is really uninspiring to use as a sword to me.

I know it could be totally different, but would mean a new weapon ( and since we do have a new one every expansion which is specialization related, i really doubt we will ever see something like this. I bet on underwater weapon on the solid ground ).

Btw, it would be a 1h weapon, so AA and 2 skill attacks.

This has been requested for so long, and as much I would love to see land Spear since my GW1 favorite profession was Paragon, but overrall spear is my favorite weapon, longspear, javalin or just spear+shield.We can still hope we'll be getting newer weapons on our next expansion.

To be realistic, Land Spear is the most requested weapon to become a land-weapon and ANet havent still implanted it.I doubt we'll see Land Spear but probably Polearm instead.

Now Polearm was supposed origanially to be a core weapon back at the GW2 launch but somehow ANet changed their mind regards this weapon. Wiki may suggest that Polearm will implent as a new weapon in the förtur and as we are seeing NPCs having Polearm as their weapon is a great sign. :)For an example;The Ghost Primeval Sunspears are equipping Polearms.Aswell does some of the Serpah soldiers in Lake Doric.

Polearm is similar to spear and battleaxe typish but mixed in together. Who knows really..... :confused:

Archived