Are you happy with the Balance Patch in terms of PvP?

Alatar.7364

As for Me:The slight Nerf to Thief Unhindered Combatant was at this point absolutely not necessary, Thief is suffering more from Salty people than from any OPness in this Profession as there is almost no OP Factor except the abillity to Run-away. With this one Nerf a Warrior/Spellbreaker is *literally better Thief than Thief.Spellbreaker and Scourge both deserved much bigger Nerfs.I can live with Holo for sake of not compalining too much, but... yeah.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alehin.3746 said:Too many options. Could've done "yes, because:" and "no, because:" and let people talk.

People can talk no matter the Options, you can of course for this Purpose select "Other". Feel free to share your opinion.

He has a point though, what you've done is create a survey where the options are so diluted it betrays the point of having a survey to begin with. The data collected won't be very useful.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alehin.3746 said:Too many options. Could've done "yes, because:" and "no, because:" and let people talk.

People can talk no matter the Options, you can of course for this Purpose select "Other". Feel free to share your opinion.

He has a point though, what you've done is create a survey where the options are so diluted it betrays the point of having a survey to begin with. The data collected won't be very useful.

The options are supposed to be as accurate as possible, so we can see what exactly people think, to me it is the other way around, those options are the reason why we will have Very accurate data instead of unspecific data. Remember, with the Vote you can post a Comment. Although I did not quite realize I checked the "Anonymous" tick box, so some sections may not be easily specified by comments. However voters can still state it themselves. The only difference is the Forums won't do it for you.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

The options are supposed to be as accurate as possible, so we can see what exactly people think, to me it is the other way around, those options are the reason why we will have Very accurate data instead of unspecific data. Remember, with the Vote you can post a Comment. Although I did not quite realize I checked the "Anonymous" tick box, so some sections may not be easily specified by comments. However voters can still state it themselves. The only difference is the Forums won't do it for you.

Options 5 and 6 can pretty much be emulated by 7 and 8 which in turn can be emulated by 3 and 4. The fact that you specifically singled out spellbreaker, holosmith and scourge is a sign of response bias, which detracts from your intentions that you've stated here. Why not deadeye? Why not firebrand? Balance issues surrounding those classes are prevalent as well. What if people were ok with two of the three classes you suggested but not the other?

In the end, how would the data be useful? You get a handful of results for people with extreme prejudice towards those three classes, but may actually be emulated by other options that overlap the same choice?

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

Options 5 and 6 can pretty much be emulated by 7 and 8 which in turn can be emulated by 3 and 4. The fact that you specifically singled out spellbreaker, holosmith and scourge is a sign of response bias, which detracts from your intentions that you've stated here. Why not deadeye? Why not firebrand? Balance issues surrounding those classes are prevalent as well. What if people were ok with two of the three classes you suggested but not the other?

In the end, how would the data be useful? You get a handful of results for people with extreme prejudice towards those three classes, but may actually be emulated by other options that overlap the same choice?

Spellbreaker, Scourge and Holosmith are there because those 3 are waaaay ahead in popularity on Forums than any other Profession so there is literally no prejudice involved expect the one you bring with you. Those options for these three are thus there to save peoples Time. Those Options are there so People know what to look for - "I am OK with most -//-" is not the same as "I am OK with most of the Changes, except -//-"This data is not supposed to be useful to any purpose other than for people to see the Opinions of others in the most accurate way, so you get the idea of what community currently feels like.If I did simplify the Options, you'd get insane amount of text that nobody would ever bother to read. With current options you have the possibility for less text and more specific comments.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

Spellbreaker, Scourge and Holosmith are there because those 3 are waaaay ahead in popularity on Forums than any other Profession so there is literally no prejudice involved expect the one you bring with you. Those options for these three are thus there to save peoples Time. Those Options are there so People know what to look for - "I am OK with most -//-"
is not the same as
"I am OK with most of the Changes, except -//-"This data is not supposed to be useful to any purpose other than for people to see the Opinions of others in the most accurate way, so you get the idea of what community currently feels like.If I did simplify the Options, you'd get insane amount of text that nobody would ever bother to read. With current options you have the possibility for less text and more specific comments.

Like arguing with a child

Powercreep, aoe/condi spam not addressed at all. Thief got effectively deleted from anything remotely competitive (given UC deletion and lack of nerfs to strong/OP classes/spells). Skipping this season as well, i don't feel like spending it on scourge/sb-train.

It's too early for me to decide. Ask me in about a week or two. For now I am a little disappointed, yet somewhat pleased. Even tho this balance patch at first glance, doesn't appear to change the dire state of PvP. I am somewhat happy that ANet have decided to walk a little on the wild side with this balance patch.

Again for me it's too early to decide. I still too jaded from past seasons to put effort into touching PvP in GW2 atm. Give it time that salt will pass. Then maybe I'll find to strength to once again sample, this non competitive version of Ranked PvP.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Firebrand didn't get any nerfs so I expect Firebrand to be the king of S9since both Spellbreaker and Scourge got their nerfsI don't see Holosmith as a threat, I mean a Thief has better burst and better disengage options, or at least had, pre-UC nerf, haven't tried Thief after it.

Please show me the Scourge nerfs in the recent patch notes. I don't see any...

@jinfury.9504 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:Firebrand didn't get any nerfs so I expect Firebrand to be the king of S9since both Spellbreaker and Scourge got their nerfsI don't see Holosmith as a threat, I mean a Thief has better burst and better disengage options, or at least had, pre-UC nerf, haven't tried Thief after it.

Please show me the Scourge nerfs in the recent patch notes. I don't see any...

I guess I wasn't clear enough. Scourge got the nerfs in the previous patch not this one. Although I wouldn't call them nerfs but rather a "fixes". Did scourge need more nerfs? Maybe, but at least they got toned down already, now it's time evaluate if it was enough or not and then adjust accordingly.Now with this patch Spellbreaker was also nerfed, same thing applies here, wait and test if the nerfs were enough, or too much, and then adjust them.On the other hand, Firebrand remains untouched as the only Firebrand nerf was aimed at PVE and nothing about their ridiculous sustain, not only on themselves, but on their allies too, sending Scourge to insane levels when combined (Scourge + Firebrand duo team)What was keeping Firebrand in check was Spellbreaker and Scourge, now that both have been nerfed, it's their time to shine. Brightly.

Most of what they did was alright, but what they did was only a small part of what should have been done. It's nice and fine they want to buff underused specializations, but bringing the OP stuff back in line would be more important. The nerf on Spellbreaker is alright imo (it's still strong but not broken anymore), but Scourge/Fb should have underwent a similar treatment.

I still think Holosmith is alright, but obviously I'm a bit biased about that.

All either rather good or rather meaningless changes.

*- It didn't do enough to address the clear hierarchy in PvP which, actually it just cemented auto-locking a curses Scourge & Firebrand support. It would be really nice to have some counters, choice, maybe some nuance behind picking the backbone of your teamfight composition. What's missing from this patch that's utterly vital is reducing the level of Firebrand support to others, that is the indirect nerf to Scourge that is needed as well.

*- Spellbreaker nerfs were good.. Opens up the job of side-noder to more than just Spellbreaker, here's hoping we have some counters and nuance behind picking a side-node build. Time will tell for certain, I think nerfing Spellbreaker has moved Mirage and Sage's Weaver each up one letter grade.

*- Holosmith buffs to Sword, Coolant Blast are meaningless as you won't be taking either in PvP.

*- Reaper & Spite buffs, moving reaper up a letter grade but not gamechanging.

*- Unhindered combat, nice to see ArenaNet still has their eye on good HoT mechanics, however, this nerf not negatively impacting D/P Daredevil strategies.

Overall I'm hoping after the next 3 months we won't have to endure another 3 months of Scourge and Firebrand spam, & possibly side noder Mirage spam. I hope that Scourge and Firebrand stop being outliers and join a really big group of diverse builds in the A tier.

Overall I'm hoping after the next 3 months pass, we can review more bad specializations in PvP than just Reaper. Renegade, Core Ranger, Core Necro, Core Engi, Core Mesmer, these are free kills.

I'd give this patch a good review as it addressed things in a good way, but just didn't come near to addressing enough.

Not OK.

• Daredevil was nerfed in a contrived and stupid manner. (I don't main thief nor use UC at all)
  • Firebrand, Mirage, Scourge and Holosmith received no nerfs.
  • Renegade and Weaver received nothing significant. Which would have been fine if they nerfed the 4 above.

Spellbreaker is at least okay now, I think?

Laughing at the people who seriously think Scourge got nerfed. They had a bug fix, but that's not a nerf. Even with that bug fix they're still the most OP PvP class around. I don't know many people who wouldn't be able to play and win with a scourge, even on their first try. It's low risk, high reward. Mirage is also very strong, but I don't mind that, since it requires a skilled player to really do it justice. Happy with the Firebrand, Weaver and Holosmith changes.

Spellbreaker nerf was to be expected, since it was one of the only scourge counters (and that, of course, cannot happen!). It's not that they didn't deserve a nerf (they deserved a slight nerf), but the amount of nerfs?

Preparing for another season of condi-wars, I wonder how long it will be before scourge's get buffed even more.

Archived