Unexpectedly low performance with Nvidia GTX 1080

Umut.5471

Hello,I haven't playing for some time. During that time, I upgraded my GTX 680 to 1080 and performance increase for other games was huge.Now, I returned to GW2 and playing it with my new card. Performance is quite similar to GTX 680 with GTX 1080. I mean it goes as low as 30-36fps on PoF maps.(render sampling is native, rest is best appearance, 1920x1080)I mean I get like 120-140 fps on ultra with newer games like battlefield 1 and watch dogs 2. Shouldn't Gw2's performance a lot better with 10 series? Is it an optimisation problem, or a problem with my current drivers? Any tips to increase performance?

Yeah, basically higher end graphics cards can make some things prettier, but it's much more CPU. The other games you've been playing have been designed from the ground up to pull the most power out of GPUs, whereas GW2's engine has been designed to make it run reasonably well across a broad range of 2012 hardware, and making significant changes to it would likely not be worth it at this point.

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Its a DX9 game running on a bag of potatoes plugged into a refrigerator.

This game needs DX12, not loot boxes gambling.

How do you plug a bag of potatoes into a refrigerator? I can't seem to find the cord or a socket for the cord I can't find. Should I try turning it off and on again?

Black Friday is coming. Have a look on amazon. The cable is brown and it says potato friendly on it, hard to miss.

@Umut.5471 said:Hello,I haven't playing for some time. During that time, I upgraded my GTX 680 to 1080 and performance increase for other games was huge.Now, I returned to GW2 and playing it with my new card. Performance is quite similar to GTX 680 with GTX 1080. I mean it goes as low as 30-36fps on PoF maps.(render sampling is native, rest is best appearance, 1920x1080)I mean I get like 120-140 fps on ultra with newer games like battlefield 1 and watch dogs 2. Shouldn't Gw2's performance a lot better with 10 series? Is it an optimisation problem, or a problem with my current drivers? Any tips to increase performance?

idk what cpu you are using but regardless you should try a program called "cpu unpark" it makes your cpu use all cores. It could save you some money.Im running an i5 6600 and a gtx1060 6gb and 16gb of DDR4 ram and i can get 100fps in full 4k not stable but yeah. But try it its free and wont hurt your cpu

i hope it helps best of luck :3

Archived