[QoL] use harvesting tools from shared slots

jhnsmth.2641

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:If they do it like that would you buy harvesting tools ever again? I for one won't.

I have a set of unbreakable tools and don't plan to buy any harvesting tools ever again. But if one of my characters uses the tools, I need to remember to move them back into Shared Inventory before swapping characters. If I forget, it's annoying, but I understand that the inventory slots are not equivalent to the equipped tool slots, so this change isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

Anet has already taken several steps.
account based bank spaceTools changed from bound to character to bound to account.*shared character slots released.

Don't expect this want to ever happen as they do have a revenue stream to keep up.Maybe when they know internally the game is shutting down they'll do something.

If you want to disagree with my assessments, go ahead. But just remember the current stance on the mount lottery and how they aren't changing it even though they could.

I doubt that will happen. I suspect, from the way the account wide slots behave, that they are essentially one slot guild banks. To make them act like utility slots on your UI would mean a complete restructure. What’s more likely, imo, is adding account wide slots on the UI where these tools can be slotted. Of course, you’ll have to buy them.

I initially thought that double-clicking the tools in the shared slots each time I launched or before I logged out would be a hassle, but once accustomed to it, the process is not such a big deal. At times I do forget to unload the infinite tools back to the shared slots, but even then it is not much trouble to go back to the previous character and unload them. So I don't expect any improvement to what is offered, but would be glad if even that process was simplified.

@DeanBB.4268 said:I initially thought that double-clicking the tools in the shared slots each time I launched or before I logged out would be a hassle, but once accustomed to it, the process is not such a big deal. At times I do forget to unload the infinite tools back to the shared slots, but even then it is not much trouble to go back to the previous character and unload them. So I don't expect any improvement to what is offered, but would be glad if even that process was simplified.

That's exactly what I do, it's a minor pain when you log in and realise your Princess ispermanent tools are in another castleon another character.

@jhnsmth.2641 said:I think the real issue is: we did not asked for the shared slots, they created and sold it to us.There are consequences, we want to use the shared slots for any purpose seems fit.They (anet) may disagree but the issue will not go away forever, it will surface again.

Actually, shared-type slots were requested quite a bit before they were released.

Archived