Will the Servers opens to PoF

Anonymus.6287

@Anonymus.6287 said:Hi Anet!

One simple question:

Will the "Full" Servers get open after PoF release (for a while)?

A lot of pplz coming back for PoF so it would be only fair.

If they are 'coming back' then they have a server. If their friends play on full servers, they are all welcome to transfer to lower pop and open servers.

Opening the servers will be real bad, i am Maguuma right now, before being linked to DR we could go any map during NA prime no ques no annoying people, now with a link server we have annoying ques everynight, lots of people AFK farming pips in EBG queing the map 50+ yet only 20 peeople on the pin, so no please dont open servers.Maybe they should come up with a sytem for full servers where you can request transfers for family, guild members and stuff like that using a different system than the regular transfer system maybe GMs could study those special requests individually and whatnot.

@Anonymus.6287 said:Hi Anet!

One simple question:

Those people would already be on existing servers so why would they open? Question is should inactive accounts be purged from existing servers? Yes they should.

@Rampage.7145 said:Ok so you have 23 in squad+30ish greens (with a second pin) with keep siege supporting you, that SBI blob has between 50 and 60 people i dont see how you think you are outnumbered on this fight. I guess this is the main problem wiht the game people can't count.

who said there are outnumbered in that fight to both sides, lemme at emto help you understand fighting a 1v3 on outside NA prime is no fun, you are limiting your perspective at only NA, reset, and guild runsi play on different timezones due to my shifting work schedule, i know the consequences when you open a full server, it might not have an impact on NA as you said its equal because all are queued on reset, but did you considered the other timezones atleast once?I guess this is the main problem wiht the game people can't think.

@Norbe.7630 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:Ok so you have 23 in squad+30ish greens (with a second pin) with keep siege supporting you, that SBI blob has between 50 and 60 people i dont see how you think you are outnumbered on this fight. I guess this is the main problem wiht the game people can't count.

who said there are outnumbered in that fight to both sides, lemme at emto help you understand fighting a 1v3 on outside NA prime is no fun, you are limiting your perspective at only NA, reset, and guild runsi play on different timezones due to my shifting work schedule, i know the consequences when you open a full server, it might not have an impact on NA as you said its equal because all are queued on reset, but did you considered the other timezones atleast once?I guess this is the main problem wiht the game people can't think.

you do realise he's arguing against opening the full servers, right? I guess this is the main problem wiht [sic] the game people can't read.

I don't think it would be fair to open all full servers purely due to an x-pac release; this only leads to more bandwagon and lopsided matches. Perhaps wait ~1 month into PoF where some WvWers will likely be grinding the new content for stats/runes etc - it is possible we may see a decline in WvW activity regarding those who do not like the sudden powercreep (I sense barriers + spellbreaker boon-hate being big offenders) thus causing a server to be open etc. Stick around and find out.

Hope that helps answer your question.

@Anonymus.6287 said:Will the "Full" Servers get open after PoF release (for a while)?

Servers are full because they have a lot of people already playing WvW. ANet sometimes also makes them full manually to prevent people from bandwagoning. Neither of those are affected by the release of an expansion.

Fair to who? It's not fair to those who play WvW every day already (and perhaps want to move). It's not fair to the game mode generally, since bandwagoning creates more imbalanced match ups, not less.

And the status quo isn't even particularly unfair to returning players -- since they haven't been playing, they aren't really invested one way or another (at least, not yet).

In short, I don't see any reason ANet will open up worlds for transfers and it seems very unlikely that they'll respond (since they've addressed these same issues before).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Anonymus.6287 said:

Servers are full because they have a lot of people already playing WvW. ANet sometimes also makes them full manually to prevent people from bandwagoning. Neither of those are affected by the release of an expansion.

Fair to who? It's not fair to those who play WvW every day already (and perhaps want to move). It's not fair to the game mode generally, since bandwagoning creates more imbalanced match ups, not less.

And the status quo isn't even particularly unfair to returning players -- since they haven't been playing, they aren't really invested one way or another (at least, not yet).

In short, I don't see any reason ANet will open up worlds for transfers and it seems very unlikely that they'll respond (since they've addressed these same issues before).

You talk a lot about imbalanced matchups. And now explain me why Anet matches 3 french servers together?It's possible that a lot french or international people are transferring to the linking Servers and they have 3 full servers merched together o:

Is this still balanced when they fight vs 1 full Server with no linkings?

Or how about not giving full servers a link? It's leading to quite the imbalance as it is. Because Anet thinks it is fine to have lopsided match ups to begin with, I say open them all up, let people move where they please, then lock down T1 to have no links and T2 purely on an as needed basis with T3/4 balancing population by links. Otherwise you get the current situation where servers have been intentionally tanking to get a link, shoot back up to T1 or T2, and the match is so incredibly boring. As much as I'm sure players on the non-linked servers appreciate the extra pips the tankers give to them, it's leading to matches that are not balanced in the first place.

Keep full servers locked (or at least BG and JQ who are not linked ATM in NA)

Remove links from other full servers, and wait until at least three weeks post x-PAC to open any server that is locked now to ensure PvE play doesn't make servers look open.

Would like to see if another tier will be needed post PoF. Hard to know now.

@Hiraldo.7954 said:you do realise he's arguing against opening the full servers, right? I guess this is the main problem wiht [sic] the game people can't read.

i know B)

@Rampage.7145 said:So you still think matches are about population? not about guilds and actuall WvW players? LOL most server que all 4 maps during reset that means they all have about the same raw numbers yet SBI is on T4 why do you think that is?

this is what im referring to :p

@Anonymus.6287 said:And now explain me why Anet matches 3 french servers together?How does that relate to any of the points above?

It's possible that a lot french or international people are transferring to the linking Servers and they have 3 full servers merched together o:A lot of things are possible. What's relevant is how many are actually active during the match up. ANet chooses links based on the data, not how it looks to a few people on this world or that.

Is this still balanced when they fight vs 1 full Server with no linkings?

Linked or unlinked isn't the criteria; neither is full or not full. It's all about how many people show to the match ups (during peak periods and on average).If one world gets 80/map regularly, two get 40/map, and three get 30/map, then the match up is going to be 80 (unlinked) vs 40+40 vs 30+30+30, because that's the closest anyone can get to even numbers. During the linkage period, it might turn out that the 80 ends up getting only 60/map (guilds moves, they purposefully decide to tank, etc) and that one of the 30s ends up with 50/map. Then the match up will become imbalanced and ANet will readjust during the next period.

The system isn't perfect by any means, but there is a system. It's data driven, not driven by player perception of what should happen or who is winning or losing any particular week.

And PoF's launch, in and of itself, doesn't affect the relevant data, so it won't affect which worlds are open or closed.

@Anonymus.6287 said:And now the final question: Why is Guild Wars 2 called Guild Wars 2 if you are not able to fight with your guild in WvW cuz they closed the servers?

You can if they move to the server you are on. Or move to a lower population server. If theirs is full, then maybe you need a different guild?

And if the guild was server hopping, unfortunately that is one of the risk.

Archived