Wintersday and Episode two of LWS 4

I saw someone post a screenshot of both being listed for the Wintersday update on the 12th. I was wondering if that is the case or if it'll be just Wintersday? And i personally hope it will be just Wintersday. I wouldn't mind getting Episode 2 when Wintersday ends, but I think it'd be too much to do at once to have both at the same time.

The standard release schedule for the Living Story for the last year or so has been 1 episode every 2-3 months. I've not heard anything about that changing so another episode in December seems unlikely. Not totally impossible, but it'd be very surprising.

More likely IMO is late January or early February. Anet typically shuts down over the holidays with just a skeleton crew to keep things running, so early January is unlikely but they've often done a release later in the month.

@Robban.1256 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Oh. Here's the text from the Wiki:

Forthcoming
Living World Season 4    Wintersday returns on December 12, 2017.    Episode 2

So, yes, a misunderstanding.

i didnt find that wintersday comes dec 12 on wiki

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

Edit: I've corrected the formatting on that page. Personally, I don't think that page needs an entry about Wintersday and I have no idea where the 12th December came from but it's definitely not part of Living World Season 4 .

It now looks like:

Living World Season 4    Episode 2Wintersday returns on December 12, 2017.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Robban.1256 said:

Forthcoming

Edit: I've corrected the formatting on that page. Personally, I don't think that page needs an entry about Wintersday and I have no idea where the 12th December came from but it's definitely not part of Living World Season 4 .

It now looks like:

Nice change, but technically Wintersday is considered part of Living World, hence the reason it was under the LS4 heading(yes, I know the event comes around every year and hardly ever changes, but it's still considered part of the Living World).

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Robban.1256 said:

Forthcoming

It now looks like:

Nice change, but technically Wintersday is considered part of Living World, hence the reason it was under the LS4 heading(yes, I know the event comes around every year and hardly ever changes, but it's still considered part of the Living World).

Perhaps, as you say it may technically be part of the Living World but it's not anything to do with Season 4. It now looks more like it did in 2016.

Forthcoming    Wintersday 2016    PvP League Season 5    Living World Season 3 episode 4

Either way, feel free to amend it if you wish, I won't fight you on it. ;)

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Robban.1256 said:

Forthcoming

It now looks like:

okey thanks

• 1 month later...

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on Wednesday 14th February as the release date for LWS4 Episode 2.Here is my logic:LWS3 Episode 3 Crack in the Ice ran from November 21st 2016 to February 7th 2017, when Episode 4 Head of the snake came out.Now,LWS4 Episode 1 Daybreak,first came out on November 28th 2017. This is one year and one week later than the LWS 3 episode.By forward extrapolating we can assume that it will run until February 14th 2018, at which Episode 2 will be released.Do note, this is not official, and just my best guess.

@Stu Grockalot.2937 said:If I was a betting man, I'd put money on Wednesday 14th February as the release date for LWS4 Episode 2.Here is my logic:LWS3 Episode 3 Crack in the Ice ran from November 21st 2016 to February 7th 2017, when Episode 4 Head of the snake came out.Now,LWS4 Episode 1 Daybreak,first came out on November 28th 2017. This is one year and one week later than the LWS 3 episode.By forward extrapolating we can assume that it will run until February 14th 2018, at which Episode 2 will be released.Do note, this is not official, and just my best guess.

You do know that we have chinese new year coming up aka lunar new year so I wouldent bet that living world s04e02 come that early.

Archived