First of all, this is not one of those common posts where someone is complaining about raids and then asks for an easier mode. Actually I want to propose some off-raid things that may help both us and the future raiders. First of all, I will list some of the problems that always stress me and then I will propose some solutions for them. I will try to be realistic and think to the developers' work too, so I will try to make the solutions as easier to implement as possible. Please excuse the english grammar mistakes.
I) The problems as I see them:
- Excesive linking. That moment when someone asks you for LI and you have to spamm in chat all your LIs + 6 pieces of armor.
- Mechanics what were not strenghtened by solid pre-events. A lot of people complain about the green orb controls from Dhuum and there is no way of training except failing tries. And even then is hard.
- A proper way to strenghten other skills like walking trough aoe's, learning how to keep your camera to make everything easier and others, in one word, general skills for raids.
Now I will talk about two features I tried to make as efficient as possible: The Raider Badge and The Simulation Room.
1) The Simulation room:
This room will be a simulator where players can train on various boss mechanics (mechanics that really require some individual training, not easy group mechanics like green circle - VG or mushrooms from Sloth). The simulator will be implemented like this:
- There will be a teleporter from the actual DPS training room from Aerodrome. Each instance of the simulator is unique and there can be only one player in the instance.
- The instance will be similar to the Taimi's simulator from LS3 to make sure we use existen resources, this will make implementation easier.
- There will be a console inside where player can active events for a selected period of time: seconds or minutes, depending on the selected mechanic.
- This simulator will contain training as:
- a)Orb control: The player will be turned into an orb and will have to collect as many small orbs as possible in the selected time limit;
- b)Dodge training: There will be aoe spawned similar to the sabetha's cannons or last phase fallin rocks + some Desmina walls from time to time. Player have to stay alive until the selected time expires.
- c)Healing training: there will be several dummies spawned. The dummies will be spread and will take damage over time. The purpose is to keep them alive as much as possible (this may or may not be usefull in a trained group. For pug groups it would be usefull because players always tent to run around)
- I could think only to those 3. In times, more mechanics can follow
2) The Raider Badge
And here is my solution for the excesive linkings and spamming. The badge. Well, this badge will work in this way:
- Raider Badge item can be purchased for 10 silvers from LA Aerodrome. Once in inventory, you have to double click it to activate it.
- The item called Raider Badge will disappear and, instead of it, you will recive a soulbound item called 's Badge (for example CoolGuy.5543's Badge). The name cand be different as long as is somehow unique, this was my best idea at the moment.
- The coolest part is that you can link this item and chat and other players can actually right-click and inspect it.
- When you inspect someone's badge, a dialogue box will pop-up and you will see some informations. There will be multiple pages of informations, you will have the next chat options for each of them "Next page" or "Close"
- On the first page, you will see a list of all the bosses theowner of the badge has killed. If there is a challenge mote for that boss and the owner completed the CM, there will be an additional information, if not, only the boss name (Example: Deimos (Challenged) if he completed CM or just Deimos if he killed it the normal way). The bosses the owner did not kill will not appear in the list. The order of the bosses will be the classic one, from VG to Dhuum. This infos can be easly taken by devs from the Achievements.
- On the second page, there will be displayed the number of LI that player ever had. Is easy to do it, just take everything from Deposit + 25 * each piece of legy armor from the account. This sum must be done only once because then it will be stored in a database.
- Multiple pages can be added in case there will be further neede dinformations, but for the moment, I consider these two are enough.
Well, these are my suggestion. I really consider that those two things would organize the raiding community a bit. If you have questions, leave them below, I will answer, Please tell me what you think about these things. It would be cool if an official member would reply also, they know more than us about the way they implement things.