Please do not add Rune of Rebirth to PvP with PoF

witcher.3197

(1): +25 Healing Power(2): +35 Concentration(3): +50 Healing Power(4): +65 Concentration(5): +100 Healing Power(6): Ignore the next lethal blow and gain a barrier. (Cooldown: 90s)

Life saving procs have a bad history in PvP, just remember the original Rune of Vampirism. Although we do not know just how big the barrier will be, it's not healthy for the game anyways and seems like this could be the go-to rune for many bunker builds including Druid, Ventari Rev, Scrapper, etc.

HoT added Rune of Durability, a big offender of the bunker meta which ended up getting removed, I hope the devs don't intend to bring this to PvP at any point because this could be Durability's PoF equivalent.

What's funner than having to kill an Ele three times?

Seriously, I play Ele, I'd love to know.

On a serious note: this is only a problem for high burst, 1-2 shot builds, the rebirth effect of Rebound is fairly weak against a thousand small cuts. I'd never replace Soldier for Rebirth on a shout build that's for sure.

Barriers don't offer any kind of invulnerability and grant only few hp.If you're gonna die a rune like that will not grant you a real way to survive and flee from your opponent as Vampirism runes did.That rune will be useful only for a scrapper with a full support build, but even there it's not a real life saver.

Anyway, I'm with you to say that add runes that grant a free and passive survavibility skill is not the best thing for sPvP.

@witcher.3197 said:(1): +25 Healing Power.png Healing Power(2): +35 Boon Duration.png Concentration(3): +50 Healing Power.png Healing Power(4): +65 Boon Duration.png Concentration(5): +100 Healing Power.png Healing Power(6): Ignore the next lethal blow and gain a barrier. (Cooldown: 90s)

Life saving procs have a bad history in PvP, just remember the original Rune of Vampirism. Although we do not know just how big the barrier will be, it's not healthy for the game anyways and seems like this could be the go-to rune for many bunker builds including Druid, Ventari Rev, Scrapper, etc.

HoT added Rune of Durability, a big offender of the bunker meta which ended up getting removed, I hope the devs don't intend to bring this to PvP at any point because this could be Durability's PoF equivalent.

thanks!!!! now they wont add any rune so basically POF gone pof.firebrand - not oprenegade - with useless legend and utilities at least the rune could be nicespellbreaker - ok rune could be use for necro alsoholosmith - power and vitality its oksoulbeast - ok rune toodeadeye - could bring fa ele back but now notweaver - mesmer and thief could use it also but now notmirage - ok rune for mesmer and thiefscourge - gives barriers at 50% hp . why not common.

also rebirth is 90 sec cd.... if you want to nerf it ot not have it in pvp nerf all the passive traits also like engi double shrink warrior defense etc...

@Seiken.3176 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We're not adding any of the new Path of Fire runes to PvP for now.

Good but again ... "for now" ? so meaning this rune and other OP runes will join the meta later ? what's the difference ?

It gives them time to focus on the new elites first before implementing additional changes to PvP. It makes sense if you actually think about it.

@Daharahj.1325 said:What's funner than having to kill an Ele three times?

Seriously, I play Ele, I'd love to know.

On a serious note: this is only a problem for high burst, 1-2 shot builds, the rebirth effect of Rebound is fairly weak against a thousand small cuts. I'd never replace Soldier for Rebirth on a shout build that's for sure.

Now imagine a bunker that you barely get to low health and then it pops, saving him/her to fight for another bunch of minutes. Now I think that on its own it is not that strong, but if you stack some passive butt-savers, it might get a little out of hand. Good thing they won't add it.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We're not adding any of the new Path of Fire runes to PvP for now.

What about new Amulets?

No new amulets either. In both cases, we want to observe how things shake up. Thus, why I said, "for now." It's possible we could add some of them later if we feel they would be a positive addition.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We're not adding any of the new Path of Fire runes to PvP for now.

What about new Amulets?

No new amulets either. In both cases, we want to observe how things shake up. Thus, why I said, "for now." It's possible we could add some of them later if we feel they would be a positive addition.

so I guess you won't be adding sigils either right?

@Seiken.3176 said:

Good but again ... "for now" ? so meaning this rune and other OP runes will join the meta later ? what's the difference ?The difference is that they will have time to alternate and balance things before they add them into pvp. Maybe some runes will not be included in pvp and Rune of Rebirth will be one of them.

Archived