Request: Buy ToKs/Mentorship with Spirit Shards

Tawniey.3796

Wish we had something to spend ToK on or able to trade them. 22 characters all lvl 80 and sitting on 4+ stacks of them. Between WvW reward tracks and ranking up plus log in rewards. Got to many and I dont just want to destroy them.I know i can change to Spirit shards but got enough of those too.

@starhunter.6015 said:Wish we had something to spend ToK on or able to trade them. 22 characters all lvl 80 and sitting on 4+ stacks of them. Between WvW reward tracks and ranking up plus log in rewards. Got to many and I dont just want to destroy them.I know i can change to Spirit shards but got enough of those too.

Wish while still locking them out of the Trading post for obvious reasons, I wish we could mail them to people.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@starhunter.6015 said:Wish we had something to spend ToK on or able to trade them. 22 characters all lvl 80 and sitting on 4+ stacks of them. Between WvW reward tracks and ranking up plus log in rewards. Got to many and I dont just want to destroy them.I know i can change to Spirit shards but got enough of those too.

Wish while still locking them out of the Trading post for obvious reasons, I wish we could mail them to people.

I second the trading post lock out. I have friends i would gladly give ToK too if i could.

I wish there was something I could spend my spirit shards on. All that they are being used on isn't very relevant to me, and even the Legendaries that need them don't seem to require tons of them. This would make XP gain and XP buffs have more meaning, right now I couldn't care less as far as PvE is concerned.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Tawniey.3796 said:I don't care how expensive they are, I would love to be able to level my low level characters through spirit shards. I have 30 characters and 9 of them are still leveling...

It'd be better if they just allowed for tomes to be sold on the TP. There are plenty of people have excess tomes.

I can see why selling would not be allowed.They have the level 80 boosters you get from expansions, there's level 80 boosters you can buy for gems.So selling them to people would completely null and void those things because I'm sure many who just PvP and WvW would have so many that they would be worth copper.If that would be the case, to just buy 80 of those things will be nothing.Trading though would be another story. IF someone is willing to give someone randomly that's fine and understandable as it would be the same as now people would wonder who to give it to, maybe set it up as a raffle (like guilds do at time) or something.Won't be much different than someone gifting someone something from the Gem Store or someone gifting someone those tradable login items that are not account bound like some of those ascended materials you get after 30 days or the mystic coins (which yes you can sell too, but that's besides the point).

I love the idea of being able to turn spirit shards into tomes. I have far more spirit shards than I'm ever likely to need and I'm always having to be careful with my tomes so I don't run out.

I also love the idea of tomes being tradable. It was understandable when they were first introduced that they were restricted, but now they're so widely available it wouldn't do any harm and it'd be a great fix for both people who have too many and people who never have enough.

I got it.2 spirit shards for 1 tome. I think it would be fair. Would match the gems to gold/gold to gems ratio.I myself only recently (as in a few months ago) started to get spirit shards through leveling as my 1st maxed masteries was PoF, but I would gladly spend 160 shards to help me level a character to 80. Especially if it's a class I've already played but want to make a new on a new race or something.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I got it.2 spirit shards for 1 tome. I think it would be fair. Would match the gems to gold/gold to gems ratio.I myself only recently (as in a few months ago) started to get spirit shards through leveling as my 1st maxed masteries was PoF, but I would gladly spend 160 shards to help me level a character to 80. Especially if it's a class I've already played but want to make a new on a new race or something.

Agree 2 shards for 1 tome. Quite fair since we can consume a tome for 1 shard. An a shard is given each time you fill your xp bar past 80.( minus mastery leveling of course)

@"Enoah.1956" said:I wish there was something I could spend my spirit shards on. All that they are being used on isn't very relevant to me, and even the Legendaries that need them don't seem to require tons of them. This would make XP gain and XP buffs have more meaning, right now I couldn't care less as far as PvE is concerned.

Sitting on 4000+ right now. ;_; Even if I poke at legendary creation, I will never use that many.Sure, I could try using gw2efficiency to target recipes that use them, but they're all way more trouble than it's worth.

200 Shards for a Level 80 boost? I'd gladly do it, just to get the chunk of 15-slot boxes. >.> (Nevermind that mithril is way easy to get and makes 18 slots for 2g...)

200 shards for a Black Lion Chest Key? That's the equivalent of 200 levels (or some tomes).

20 shards for a "Proof of [whatever"] from WvW?

1000 shards for a Gift of Battle?

Trade shards for laurels? Map reward progress? Something!

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@"Enoah.1956" said:I wish there was something I could spend my spirit shards on. All that they are being used on isn't very relevant to me, and even the Legendaries that need them don't seem to require tons of them. This would make XP gain and XP buffs have more meaning, right now I couldn't care less as far as PvE is concerned.

Sitting on 4000+ right now. ;_; Even if I poke at legendary creation, I will never use that many.Sure, I could try using gw2efficiency to target recipes that use them, but they're all way more trouble than it's worth.

200 Shards for a Level 80 boost? I'd gladly do it, just to get the chunk of 15-slot boxes. >.> (Nevermind that mithril is way easy to get and makes 18 slots for 2g...)

200 shards for a Black Lion Chest Key? That's the equivalent of 200 levels (or some tomes).

i think you missed 1 or 2 zeros on the black lion key prize

@starhunter.6015 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I got it.2 spirit shards for 1 tome. I think it would be fair. Would match the gems to gold/gold to gems ratio.I myself only recently (as in a few months ago) started to get spirit shards through leveling as my 1st maxed masteries was PoF, but I would gladly spend 160 shards to help me level a character to 80. Especially if it's a class I've already played but want to make a new on a new race or something.

Agree 2 shards for 1 tome. Quite fair since we can consume a tome for 1 shard. An a shard is given each time you fill your xp bar past 80.( minus mastery leveling of course)

There are also a bunch of other sources for shards. Such as the daily and HoT containers. Haven't been paying enough attention to the PoF containers to know if they drop those too. Also champ bags and just random drops from killing things.

@Linken.6345 said:

i think you missed 1 or 2 zeros on the black lion key prize

Haha, probably, knowing ANet. Would I drop 2000 shards on a key? Once, maybe. I'm mired in the things, and doing conversions requires a lot more buying/selling than is really practical and prone to some gnarly RNG.

Archived