Allied Player Health Bars

Ojimaru.8970

@Gaile Gray.6029 wrote:Allied-player health bars are now always visible in fractals.

So in the new patch notes, this little gem was included. However, having just run a full set of Fractals, I didn't notice any such health bars floating over player characters' heads, nor was there anything to toggle in the options, that I could see. Am I missing something?

I forgot to get the screenshot, but the current iteration is... less than helpful. As it stands, the player character name and their yard-long titles are five times the height of the health bar. When I'm healing, I couldn't careless about the name of the person I'm healing, but the point of floating health bars (to me) is an easier way to determine where the person that needs my support. This is especially true for Fractals with Fractal Vindicators, where the simple act of getting Downed is hazardous to the entire party. It doesn't help me any to have to squint to look at the tiny green slivers amidst all the other visual effects from player character and enemy skills, with Amala being one of the worst offenders.

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:I forgot to get the screenshot, but the current iteration is... less than helpful. As it stands, the player character name and their yard-long titles are five times the height of the health bar. When I'm healing, I couldn't careless about the name of the person I'm healing, but the point of floating health bars (to me) is an easier way to determine where the person that needs my support. This is especially true for Fractals with Fractal Vindicators, where the simple act of getting Downed is hazardous to the entire party. It doesn't help me any to have to squint to look at the tiny green slivers amidst all the other visual effects from player character and enemy skills, with Amala being one of the worst offenders.

That is why there is a "Thick Health Bars" option coming with episode 2 :)

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:I forgot to get the screenshot, but the current iteration is... less than helpful. As it stands, the player character name and their yard-long titles are five times the height of the health bar. When I'm healing, I couldn't careless about the name of the person I'm healing, but the point of floating health bars (to me) is an easier way to determine
where
the person that needs my support. This is especially true for Fractals with Fractal Vindicators, where the simple act of getting Downed is hazardous to the entire party. It doesn't help me any to have to squint to look at the tiny green slivers amidst all the other visual effects from player character and enemy skills, with Amala being one of the worst offenders.

Episode 2 with less Jar Jar and more Boba please. =)

Did fractal yesterday...... My husband asked me if I've noticed the hp bar. It feels like the permenant hp bar is smaller than the hp bar before (?). I play druid and hv to visually active keeping eyes on players. I do not recall exactly how I managed to see players hp bar before the update. I guess I did that by moving the view towards the player and the cursor is right at the middle of the view that reveal players hp bar. Yesterday, the hp bar was just there at all time but I feel that the bar is smaller than before (?) ... Maybe just a weird feeling.. I will compare it with the old video which I hv recorded later just to check it out xD

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Brazil and bhagawan didnt go down for nothing!!

Well, they kinda did :/(I mean, great cause and all, but when you fall on your sword, it's supposed to serve some greater purpose, and not be because you tripped while retweeting an important meme.)

Hey at least we getting thicc bars.

FTFY

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:I forgot to get the screenshot, but the current iteration is... less than helpful. As it stands, the player character name and their yard-long titles are five times the height of the health bar. When I'm healing, I couldn't careless about the name of the person I'm healing, but the point of floating health bars (to me) is an easier way to determine
where
the person that needs my support. This is especially true for Fractals with Fractal Vindicators, where the simple act of getting Downed is hazardous to the entire party. It doesn't help me any to have to squint to look at the tiny green slivers amidst all the other visual effects from player character and enemy skills, with Amala being one of the worst offenders.

Is this a Fractals only mechanic.. (health bars that is)? .. because this would be a fantastic QoL for WvW!

@Walhalla.5473 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Brazil and bhagawan didnt go down for nothing!!

Hmm what happened with Brazil? I only know that his YT account is no more. And bhagawan.... no comment to that.

@ Ben: Is this feature also working with raids or really fractals only? Would be a nice QoL for people who are healing.

Brazil brought the healthbars with his videos in public first. Its nice to see them being added, who knows maybe we will see the legendary armor dye fix that he fought for lol.

@"LordOtto.2650" said:Can you disable the bigger health bars in options menu?! I'm used to the old health bars screen no matter what class I play, what PvX I play!

He said thick hp bar option. Meaning you can turn the "thick hp bar" on or off .. otherwise wouldn't be called option ya.... :P. I'm playing guessing game xD

@Vegeta.2563 said:

where

Is this a Fractals only mechanic.. (health bars that is)? .. because this would be a fantastic QoL for WvW!

The options I am adding will allow you to add thick health bars to allied party and squad members in any game mode, including WvW.

Archived