Desyncing Issues [merged]

tonny.7580

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was raiding with my raid group and this happened to us. We stack up tightly for the Nameless Horror fight, and we noticed that people were growing more and more de-synced from each other. Over time, our stack grew more dispersed because everyone saw the stack person in a different spot. In extreme cases, we saw people teleporting through walls when they mounted up.

Mounting or going down reset position for everyone.

All 10 of us were experiencing this issue to varying degrees.

We noticed this last night while exploring the Tangled Depths in a 5-man guild group. Since we were all on voice com we were able to work around it, but we had some weird situations where we were playing purely based on what everybody said was their position while seeing people miles away.

The issue started last week. I thought I was lagging on the map when a few people mentioned it. I've been told that my character bounces around the screen or runs into walls by people who follow me on hero point runs in HoT. People can't keep up, because I disappear and reappear on the map. I try to keep everyone in the group together and try not to leave anyone behind who is lost.

This evening was worse by far. A few people stayed with me through the whole ordeal this evening trying to adjust and work around the issue. Others left because they kept following my alter ego to their deaths. Mounting and dismounting fixed the issue until I used my glider or jumped off a vine. I tried rebooting the game, but it didn't stay fixed for long.

I love helping people who are new through the HoT and PoF maps. I hope this issue can be fixed soon.

Was in guild hall (lost precipice), party member came in to the scribe building, then left to the gathering nodes. I saw them still in the scribe building while gathering nodes outside, leading to somewhat funny mining of walls and gathering paper. I left and returned which had me appearing in different spots. I'd use PBAoE skills on myself, party member would see the effect where I was actually standing, but would see character far off.

Thing noticed while in this situation, you are still given boons based on where you are actually standing, not where you appear to be, so the server knows where you are, but is lying to the clients.

Yes please please fix this. The rezzing players is particularly bad. It's happening to me in any map I go to, and it doesn't matter if it's quiet or busy, in combat or out. it used to happen once in a blue moon (maybe once every couple months) but since the update it's approaching 1 in every 3 tries to actually connect or not. So I need to keep explaining to people I can't rez them, or I look like a jerk.

I had this issue last Thursday playing with my friends. And tonight we're noticing it again as well. (I tend to play this on Thursdays with friends. So not sure if it was happening any other time.) Jumping puzzles are a bit hard to follow friends too if they look to be on the ground and they're actually on a pipe a level higher than you are.

I've been experiencing this same issue along with many of my guildies, including my husband who is playing on his laptop right beside me.

I began to notice it Monday night while exploring in PoF with guildies. Then, Tuesday night, our map clearing squad was a travesty because squad members couldn't keep track of the commander's location. He would appear to be running into walls when he was, in fact, standing right beside you. Sometimes he was nowhere near where you thought he was. Last night we did the Silverwastes meta, and it was just as bad and equally frustrating.

Mounting and dismounting has both helped and hindered. After I'd dismounted a few minutes before, one of my guildies said she could see me 'halfway in the ground'.

As the OP said, the game is borderline unplayable at the moment (at least if you want to play with other players).

I was in the Secret Garden (or hidden whatever it is) JP in Mt. Maelstrom tonight, partied up with a guildie. We were both seeing each other in odd spots. At one point I dropped a portal to port him up to the chest. When he took the portal, he was 2 or 3 portal diameters from the portal on my screen. This has been noticeable to me since the January 23 update. It has happened with multiple accounts on multiple computers with different versions of Windows OS. I have not tried it on Win 7, but it is effecting both 8.1 and 10.

So i'm sure others have noticed this, but when i try to help others out in the open world and they are in my party or squad i direct them to follow me....something happens, say i were to go straight to a HP or heart or vista.....the people who are following are seeing me go all over the map in a dsync kinda way, this has been happening since that update a few days ago....ever since it's been getting in the way of guild events i have been tiresomely trying to persevere.....of course there's only so much we players can take before it just gets too much and we just give up.... if you could investigate this and get it patched up without breaking anything else...that would be nice :)

Yeh ...I have had the same experience as you Tazz! ...All members of the party or squad I’m in or following are jumping all over the map! Can’t locate them ..they appear on the map nowhere near where they actually are ? since the patch a few days ago it’s been really hard to play along side your our buddies !!! ...it makes it really hard to work together if you can’t locate one another in the maps ? ...Anet could you look into this and fix it please ...as this is really frustrating when trying to help people in map or run with your guildies doing group events ...thanks ?

Archived