Cannot play HOT or POF elites in PVP

AlumAtWar.8206

@AlumAtWar.8206 said:For some reason I cannot run any elite skill set from HOT or POF in PVP despite encountering players with those builds. It is very frustrating. WvW accepts the builds PvP won't.

This sounds like a genuine problem because you obviously have both expansions, and know how to slot them.Have you submitted a bug report in-game? And did you post this on the bug section of the forums as well?

@Lyger.5429 said:Not sure if this is satire. You need to own both expansions to play their respective elite specializations. Then select the elite spec from the 3rd traitline on the hero panel.

Not Satire own all of the above and have elite spec in 3rd traitline, but whenever I go from wvw to pvp match (or even PvE) 3rd traitline gets stripped and tyria proper skill line is put in that slot. Before the timer goes off try to reskill and equip proper weapon in PVP but game won't let me. I sent anet a in game bug report couple months ago and got no reply.

• ArenaNet Staff

We haven't heard happening for any one else currently. Have you spec'd out your PvP build within the lobby or from within a PvP map during the pregame period? PvE, WvW and PvP builds are are all separate. Your PvP build will reset to a default setting if you haven't manually set it at least once.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We haven't heard happening for any one else currently. Have you spec'd out your PvP build within the lobby or from within a PvP map during the pregame period? PvE, WvW and PvP builds are are all separate. Your PvP build will reset to a default setting if you haven't manually set it at least once.

Yes sir both. The PvP lobby rejects my attempts to add the 3rd line elite HoT and PoF sets (which I own) as such I can't equip the appropriate weapons for those elites. Sent in game bug report a couple months ago, and had given up til I decided to post here. Last attempt was reaper last week - would not take the elite 3rd line therefore could not equip greatsword.

@Vaqual.7318 said:have you tried unequipping all weapons before switching?

No I have not tried that - just one weapon set will try with both.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:you tried to add the hot or pof elite to the bottom trait line right?

Yes always the bottom line, but wont let me skill outside core despite having HoT and PoF.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:Its a bug I got this morning but I wasn't able to generate it again. Happens when I swap my third line to core then realise I can't pick an elite spec. But relogging seems to fix it.

Thank you noting this - relogging has not help me sadly - at least I am not alone. Will try again today.

Are you sure you are setting your build from the pvp panel? You have to be in the mists lobby for it to appear. There will be a helm icon on the top, middle of screen for your pvp build. You do not set it from your Hero Panel (H) and I am only posting this because I've had a new guildie who struggled to find it a couple of weeks ago.

@FrozenStarRo.7240 said:Are you sure you are setting your build from the pvp panel? You have to be in the mists lobby for it to appear. There will be a helm icon on the top, middle of screen for your pvp build. You do not set it from your Hero Panel (H) and I am only posting this because I've had a new guildie who struggled to find it a couple of weeks ago.

Yes I tried that - UI is confusing and did not work. I did finally get 1 match to run reaper by following this suggestion > @Vaqual.7318 said:

have you tried unequipping all weapons before switching?

Unequiped everything before going to lobby - all weapons and skill bar - and got the HoT build to run. Will try the panel and weapon skill strip again today.

Archived