Best all around class for all modes of game play out of Mesmer, Elementalist and Necromancer.

wolfkrieg.9815

I usually play heavy armor classes but I think I want to try another style of play. I can't decide between the three classes below. Leaning towards Mesmer but the other two keep calling to me as well. I know I could play all three but tbh I don't have much time to play so that is not an option.

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

@bearshaman.3421 said:Normally I might agree on mesmer, but after the massive number of changes it just had (needed, but holy cow so many changes!) I'm waiting until the effectively new class is fully tested....

Its stronger then before, And easiest to play. Even for novice.

Except that the second set of changes has most people wondering in the mesmer forums what anet is doing... Also, condi shatter is useless in pve now... and the changes to phantasm makes shatter not optional anymore... and replacing confusion with torment (confusion>mesmer, torment>necro) just makes things even more bizarre...

Sure mesmer. Possible high dmg, possible good support and more teleports than a normal person can perceive if you play against them.Ele has nice support with heals and can be good in competitive, but its more glassy than mesmer and mes can be a dmg utility class and even can be used as a healer nowadays.Necro just takes the shirt straw, as always (#memeliveson) . No utility, good in competitive modes or solo content.

Ele currently lacks purpose in pvp, but it's top tier everywhere else. Mesmer is currently meta everywhere and mirage made mesmer's biggest weakness (open world damage) much more enjoyable. Necro was pretty strong in pvp before patch, still very strong in any-size groups in wvw and solo pve, but easily replaceable in group pve content like raids and fractals.

Necro is not the best to suit your needs but the easiest, he is and will always be a decent choice and you can't really make anything wrong as necro (except when you start your bot and afk in a good farm spot with minions) So I'd say necro is probably the best "all around" class in the game - However if you're looking for the most viable class in as many gamemodes as possible then you should go with Ele or Mesmer - it's pretty much a tie between them and totally up to personal preference!

Archived