Siege Towers!!

Strider Pj.2193

Yeah, I know everyone hates siege.... there have been multiple complaints regarding the strength of T-3 keeps/Towers/Stone mist castle.

Several posters have detailed out how part of the fun for a squad isn't the getting in... Its what happens once you are in. The other Zerg (if there is one..) comes and there is a massive fight within the keep or castle.

Why not create a Siege Tower!

https://imgur.com/13Ze6c7

Cost would be let's say 500 supply. Only large squads could use it. Smallest sized squad without re-supplying would be 16 people.Only transports 10 people into the keep, which would allow them to potentially port people in.Destroyable by siege, but has the HPs of an Omega Golem (or more..)

It would have to 'attach' only to non destroyable walls and gates.

This would only be usable on a Keep or Castle.

I would only list this as an offensive tactic the drops a siege bundle to be taken with you to the keep of your choice. Therefore it would be visible to the enemy that it was being planned, and it would only be able to stay on one map.

If it is a consumable siege item like Catas and Golems, it would be too prevalent.

that actually could be interesting, siege towers could be the balancefrom the massive AC's showering and siege humping, stil lplayers need to work for it,and could still damaged by balistas and trebs.

Aliance X builds siege camp fortificantion in front of Y keep, alliance X start building siege towers.

id'say, 450 supply for a siege camp that could produce supply and take supply from another owned structure to the siege camp, this could facilitate build some offensive siege.Rather than add spambale and stackable siege to the game like a poor gimick, this is actually the kind of decent gameplay siege Anet should do.

http://www.hoppersgiftware.co.uk/ekmps/shops/southernswords/images/medieval-siege-tower-mini-[2]-11134-p.jpg

Still to much dificult for gw2 players... lol if aint broken is not balanced, and theres a problem.... Anet only does static built siege ahah... they even remove wheels from the ac's >_>.

Advice, this is actually what some the next gen(still in alpha and pre-alpha) mmo's will have, and ANet always said they are all about "inovation"...

@Aeolus.3615 said:that actually could be interesting, siege towers could be the balancefrom the massive AC's showering and siege humping, stil lplayers need to work for it,and could still damaged by balistas and trebs.

dont think it would really protect you from that. ACs that can hit outside can mostly be destroyed from outside , but ACs that can hit the spots where such a siege tower would attach - they can be build rather safe.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Aliance X builds siege camp fortificantion in front of Y keep, alliance X start building siege towers.

id'say, 450 supply for a siege camp that could produce supply and take supply from another owned structure to the siege camp, this could facilitate build some offensive siege.Rather than add spambale and stackable siege to the game like a poor gimick, this is actually the kind of decent gameplay siege Anet should do.

sure this would be fun but i dont think we have enough free space for that on the maps or do you want to build a minature siege camp ? :D

@Aeolus.3615 said:Still to much dificult for gw2 players... lol if aint broken is not balanced, and theres a problem.... Anet only does static built siege ahah... they even remove wheels from the ac's >_>.i am not sure if anet could desing siege that would need multiple people work together to move it - would probably end up one giving the direction and more need to stand inside a circle for it to move then like a golem - so yeah i dont expect that to be designed well.

@MUDse.7623, IF wall gets larger and weaker (i think anet will do that, cause players complain about how top of wals is just a bag farm place for offensive team and ofensive need the wals to actually melt faster w/o have the need to build 10+ and sometimes 15 catas like i have encoutered even while being outnumbers vs a full stacked server with queue..., both complains are understandable imo), so having a siege tower could help u to counter the ac's that could not be destroyed, since it is extremelly lame how ofensive can wipe walls, but also extreme lame not having a counter to all the ac's, and it would be interesting to have more mechanics as options.On the current fights no one is on the wall, due how easy is to get aoed, players, like myself find forced to glith ac's in places that have no LoS from most used spots, and that is all that defense is, humping siege sometimes u find a way to build and use ac's in a "gltchy way" where defenders cant do much, i call that bad gameplay.

About the siege camps, well maps would have to be changed(if they dont change the ktrain design... then WvW change was a huge placebo/Lie), for that, each keep would have 1 open field place for 1 enemy alliance built it also siege used on open field since side the camp would gain a boots to structures, and this would also be the place to build the Siege towers.

Why u guys think towers need to be movedby players???It does not need to be moved with players at all, and i understand why anet dont want to add that to the game(i studied game developing when was in univ, and i am a developer myself, so i kinda understand why they avoid this mechanics, still some stuff is possible but takes time and some effort), but this mechanics can be used with NP's A.I range, that the main reason why siege camp would exist and every big structure would have on open field area with a options to the atackign alliance could built it, after the siege tower being builted commander could give the order to the npc start moving the tower, just like doyliaks move from camp to keep.

OFC each structure would have it's own reward and some would allow access to new mechanics.

Still theres a issue, gw2 was made for badies that want instant results, that mentality is hard to fight.

@"Bigsexy.8302" said:Hello friend. You can nuke most of the siege from outside using your own aoe.... The rest you can finish with normal siege if you use your brain.We don't need siege towers. Walls are already useless.l2p

Exactly this, and the reason why i feel forced to search places to glitch one or other sup ac in the structures, ive defended alone or with 2 or 3 playes some t0 and t1 against full stacked servers some still had queue that dont wanna effort, sometimes even when outmaned wich is most of my playtime, while i arrive the towear for some supply and the blob arrives some blobs bail out cause theres one "defender" to delay their ktrain...And that is the issue :) no gameplay at all.. just some placebo adversarities to delay a bit the almost instant results.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Only large squads could use it.

Why would you want to give large groups more advantages...?If you've got enough people to carry supplies for shield gens, ballistas etc. you shouldn't have issues taking any tier 3 objective unless there's another zerg defending it. (theoretically. because let's face it, getting pugs to actually build and use siege is another story - but then they don't deserve to get inside either)

@Bigsexy.8302 said:l2p

this.

@volpenvieh.3201 said:

Why would you want to give large groups more advantages...?If you've got enough people to carry supplies for shield gens, ballistas etc. you shouldn't have issues taking any tier 3 objective unless there's another zerg defending it. (theoretically. because let's face it, getting pugs to actually build and use siege is another story - but then they don't deserve to get inside either)

@"Bigsexy.8302" said:l2p

this.

Oh I am good with the way it is. But some of the "fights commanders" claim that T-3 keeps are too hard to get into because... you know... fights...

Interesting to me how this makes it easier for them, but none of them have commented.

And as to l2p? Heh....

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

this.

Oh I am good with the way it is. But some of the "fights commanders" claim that T-3 keeps are too hard to get into because... you know... fights...

Interesting to me how this makes it easier for them, but none of them have commented.

And as to l2p? Heh....

Fight commanders having troubles getting into a t3? Sounds like a serious gitgut l2p issue to me. Any fool with numbers on him and shield gen stacks can achieve this.

@Offair.2563 said:

this.

And as to l2p? Heh....

Fight commanders having troubles getting into a t3? Sounds like a serious gitgut l2p issue to me. Any fool with numbers on him and shield gen stacks can achieve this.

Anet aknowledged t3 walls are to strong, and might make walls ont t3 weaker or even remove t3, Anet developers ahte when players defend stuff from blobs.This might increase the ac's builts on the walls, less havok gameplay more full staked blob gameplayon defense when it is needed.

i would make it stationary.It has to be build right in front of the wall and will Kind of open a Portal from the bottom to the top. This would make it a lot easier to implement and quite fair. as you cant port the Tower and it is easy to destroy while giving an enourmous Advantage when succesfully built.Ofc it can only used at walls that are low enough.

@Seffen.2875 said:i would make it stationary.It has to be build right in front of the wall and will Kind of open a Portal from the bottom to the top. This would make it a lot easier to implement and quite fair. as you cant port the Tower and it is easy to destroy while giving an enourmous Advantage when succesfully built.Ofc it can only used at walls that are low enough.

Yes... I meant 'move through' not 'move', but yeah, stationary would be the way.

Im guessing you have no idea how easy it will become then to ninja T3 keeps.As a commander i see lots of opportunities to go for Garrison watergate, get my entire map blob over the outer gate and then make the inner gate explode with atleast solid 4-5 rams while also having atleast 50 more players behind me hitting it which will also count as an extra 2-3 rams with full co operation.

Servers that arent highly populated and are often times facing blobs while outnumbered will loose their T3 keeps easy.

@Arctisavange.7261arround 15 catas can take a t3 keep under 40seconds, ive seen massive damage degen on t1 and t2 gates with scourges and all other aoe casters at the gates

That is what happens on the server i am, fighthing blobs that gets beated by the other blob come to ktrain our stuff since we are most time outmaned, they drop -3 to 5 shield gend plus 10+ catas or trebs against... 10-15 players.Once in a while there are some funny momment cause sometimes they bail out cause.. theres 1 or 2 guys with ac's, and they must be like "oh this will not be free lets take a t0 instead with the blob".Or they bring a blob to kill 3 or 5 players that cause they 10 man defense team is failling hard.

Terrible idea, it's already too hard to defend. AC damaged has been nerfed twice that I know of and shield generators benefit attackers more then defense. Also ranged damage on wall tops melt defensive siege quickly along with players, that is if the broken pulls that can target you behind a wall and pull you up and over it doesn't get you. Defenders already have to deal with trying to siege objectives and keep it refreshed while scouting and keeping supply flowing, all while constantly being outnumbered. I know defenders are always being insulted with the siege humper term, but I have far more respect for defenders/roamers then the zerglings that seem to be in the majority.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

this.

And as to l2p? Heh....

Anet aknowledged t3 walls are to strong, and might make walls ont t3 weaker or even remove t3, Anet developers ahte when players defend stuff from blobs.This might increase the ac's builts on the walls, less havok gameplay more full staked blob gameplayon defense when it is needed.

Rather than nerfing Tier3 walls , they could implant hopefully some stupid ideas .a) Commander near sieges (after few hits) allow him to shout and create a small circle where his team8s can stands and shout/intimidate the enemies from afar .Every 5 sec , each of them must succefully push some random keyboard keys for the attack to be more effective .Boosting the damages of the siege/every 3rd trebuche shot cannot be blocked , but in the same time their stats or damage get reduced (exhaustion) and they will be almost useless on the inkeep fight

b) 3 defenders can equip Smoke Goggles (the friendly commander in the keep get one for free)

• place 3 oil barrels in their favorite loactions
  • light them up , creating a pitch black area
  • some portals , that displace the enemie zerg in various location in the keep/castle , while trying to find the 3 barrels and destroy them
  • some decoys stairs that may leed outside , if you are not carefull (you could make a twisted copy of the keep 3000 yards in the air and teleport the players there , till the 3 Barrels are destroyed)
  • the 3 Smoke Goggles get stealth when not attacking every 3 sec
  • allies dont see anything , exept that the commander offers some minor nearby vision .

c) various dolyaks (90% fakes) that in case of panic gather their Tier 2-3 luggages and try to flee to reach the nearby portals , 2.000 yards away .

Be nearby the decoy and protect if with the 90% damage reduction shield , while the ''true'' goes unnoticed and the commander can choose to upgrade an equal value building when the dolyaks survives and the original Stractured is captured

d) Boodytrap the place , and activate when the boss is hit .Use xxx amount of waterfields to the slowpaced gunpowered .If a fiendly target is near by , or on top of it it gets a 90% shield(run out , w8 30-40 sec to explode and then go in the keep again - if the defenders havent already repaired the gate)

e) Kill some inkeep friendly npcs and get covered in their ..... cloths ..... making you an cripled-untouchable-blindspamm-madman that reduces the damage of the nearby enemies zergs every sec , and they cant kill the Keep Lord if they dont cc you away .If a freindly commander is nearby , you dieThe game is rated 12 pg? :P

Archived