Speed Hacks — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Speed Hacks

Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have seen a lot of players moving a bit faster than normal without buffs. If I have superspeed, a necro outruns me. If I use shadowstep and shortbow 5, 5, 5 (with swiftness)... a guardian hawks me down.
Some players without signets or buffs (non-wars or rangers) seems to be moving faster than 25% speed buff.

Its not always a max out warp around the map buff, just nough so you cant keep up with them.

Am I crazy, or is this a thing?

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comments

• OriOri.8724OriOri.8724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its a thing, and its more useful than flat out warping because its harder to detect. Just report them when you catch someone doing it. As soon as Anet finds the cause and patches it, expect a wave of bans

Eyyyy I unlocked signatures

• I am pretty sure I just saw exactly that happening! This person consistently went into stealth and appeared again miles away. Unfortunately, I am always hopelessly overwhelmed in sPvP so I didn't get the chance to remember the account name. :/

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019

without buffs but in combat and still faster than you moving forward with said buffs or with leaps n whatnot could b spammin leaps too
    in stealth its probably just shadowsteps n blinks
    but if they have swiftness and you just didnt notice it, speed runes exist to allow them to b fast
    if they're really just walking across half the map with no skills or buffs in two miliseconds then yeah report asap

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

I love that whenever I record such events and send it on support they ask me to use only the Report option in-game while there is no option in the Report drop-down menu to report hackers...

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

Rune of speed?

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tycura.1982 said:
    Rune of speed?

1. This thread was "brought back to life with a resurrection signet".
    2. When I posted the original, it was about 9 months before that rune got boosted to 66%.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

There are hackers in spvp, still not banned and still no repercussions. I havent experienced hacks in spvp in a while but the hackers are still playing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.