Upcoming relink.

Loosmaster.8263

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Please for the love of the Six can you link Devona's Rest with some other host server?

Mag and FA are getting boring!!!

I am not surprised, I was on Mag for a long time and left. All they want to do is lose so they don't have to fight Blackgate :(. Gandara is slowly becoming that way on EU as well. If they don't get a really good link this month so they can actually fight Deso I've heard coms say they are leaving. I'm starting to hear the same, lets lose so we go down to Tier 2 stuff I heard on Mag all the time.

@SnowPumpkin.1809 said:I am not surprised, I was on Mag for a long time and left. All they want to do is lose so they don't have to fight Blackgate :(

You could actually replace 'Mag' with any other server, save maybe SoS (and even they're only interested in smacking the third server) and that statement would still hold weight.And yes, T1 is the issue. 5 or 6 different servers agree on that much.Potentially related, great matchup in T2 this week. =)

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

@SnowPumpkin.1809 said:I am not surprised, I was on Mag for a long time and left. All they want to do is lose so they don't have to fight Blackgate :(

You can literally replace 'Mag' with any other server, save maybe SoS (and even they're only interested in smacking the third server) and that statement would still hold weight.And yes, T1
is
the issue. 5 or 6 different servers agree on that much.Potentially related, great matchup in T2 this week. =)

~ Kovu

Maybe an issue for you but you're not on DR. I'm more interested in matchup diversity than the same 2 servers over and over. I don't care if we drop to T4.

Yes I know that sounds just like the T1 problem but the linked server shouldn't have to suffer.

We gotta suffer with T1 dodging, you gotta suffer with us. Believe it or not, we don't like having to ignore the BLs and deal with endless EBG queues just to avoid getting too much PPT. It'd be much more enjoyable being able to play to fight and win in multiple maps without the "prize" being a trip to T1 or staying in T1.

Sorry, mate. Until the restructure, that's just how it is for the host worlds. For what it's worth, you folks from DR have been a pretty good link, and I wouldn't mind playing with you again. :)

@"Optimator.3589" said:We gotta suffer with T1 dodging, you gotta suffer with us. Believe it or not, we don't like having to ignore the BLs and deal with endless EBG queues just to avoid getting too much PPT. It'd be much more enjoyable being able to play to fight and win in multiple maps without the "prize" being a trip to T1 or staying in T1.

Sorry, mate. Until the restructure, that's just how it is for the host worlds. For what it's worth, you folks from DR have been a pretty good link, and I wouldn't mind playing with you again. :)

You're one of the few. Like I said, being in T1 is not the issue. I just would like different links occasionally besides the same 2 every relink.

We had JQ, NSP and Dragonbrand ONCE.

Edit: I'm not holding my breath for the Restructuring. That can go either way.

Glicko had some nice diversity. Now, if you are stuck in T5/t4(na) or T1 you have to fight the same enemies over and over again. The only downside is that they bring some some t2 servers into a t5/t4 matchup. But even now it is not really balanced anyways, as any T4 server will win the T5 MU one sided. That said, I still prefer to have a different MU rather than the same over and over again, so our server can fight stronger enemies (and learn how to fight) and guilds can have a better diversity in GvG.

@SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Please for the love of the Six can you link Devona's Rest with some other host server?

Mag and FA are getting boring!!!

I am not surprised, I was on Mag for a long time and left. All they want to do is lose so they don't have to fight Blackgate :(. Gandara is slowly becoming that way on EU as well. If they don't get a really good link this month so they can actually fight Deso I've heard coms say they are leaving. I'm starting to hear the same, lets lose so we go down to Tier 2 stuff I heard on Mag all the time.

sounds like ur the one who is clueless how to play WvW.

@Kirnale.5914 said:Glicko had some nice diversity. Now, if you are stuck in T5/t4(na) or T1 you have to fight the same enemies over and over again. The only downside is that they bring some some t2 servers into a t5/t4 matchup. But even now it is not really balanced anyways, as any T4 server will win the T5 MU one sided. That said, I still prefer to have a different MU rather than the same over and over again, so our server can fight stronger enemies (and learn how to fight) and guilds can have a better diversity in GvG.

Which seems to happen more in one up one down.

Though, I think you are EU? They consistently had more variable matchups with Glicko, while NA seemed to be heavily locked in tiers.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:T1 isn't the issue. I wouldn't mind a link with SoS.

SoS has lots of nice people, I was linked when I was on IoJ, which was before they started to try to win in T1, and they would avoid PPT, only to be out tanked by either YB or Mag. Now all they seem to do is pick on the #3 server. When IoJ got linked with DB, and somehow they got to T1, we flipped more of BG's T3 towers than SoS did, even though they had more #'s and better coverage. So with SoS you are getting a server that still avoids BG, but PPT's enough to stay T1.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:T1 isn't the issue. I wouldn't mind a link with SoS.

SoS has lots of nice people, I was linked when I was on IoJ, which was before they started to try to win in T1, and they would avoid PPT, only to be out tanked by either YB or Mag. Now all they seem to do is pick on the #3 server. When IoJ got linked with DB, and somehow they got to T1, we flipped more of BG's T3 towers than SoS did, even though they had more #'s and better coverage. So with SoS you are getting a server that still avoids BG, but PPT's enough to stay T1.

Missing the point. I don't have an issue playing in T1 or against BG like everyone else does. I want the diversity of playing with (linked) different servers. Not the same ones over and over.

Edit: At this rate they might as well merge and be done with it. I'll go PvE because I won't spend a dime to transfer, ?. At least I vented some, maybe start doing Raids.

T1 is terrible.Groups run after getting wiped once to preserve their "kdr".SoS plays for second, that much is obvious when the red bl is constantly split and they barely push on bg stuff.It took mag pushing on bg ebg keep to finally give sos a clue and break hills on their homebl and break bay on bgbl.After that business as usual.

T1 servers need to:

1. Play for fun not the kdr.
  2. Push the winning server, I can't imagine beating up on 3rd every single week is "fun".Don't come crying in here for a legit 3rd server to fight, if all you're going to do is double team them for free points.Nobody in the t2 wants to play in that environment.

P.S Please stick Devona's Rest in t4, thank you.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:T1 is terrible.Groups run after getting wiped once to preserve their "kdr".SoS plays for second, that much is obvious when the red bl is constantly split and they barely push on bg stuff.It took mag pushing on bg ebg keep to finally give sos a clue and break hills on their homebl and break bay on bgbl.After that business as usual.

T1 servers need to:

1. Play for fun not the kdr.
  2. Push the winning server, I can't imagine beating up on 3rd every single week is "fun".Don't come crying in here for a legit 3rd server to fight, if all you're going to do is double team them for free points.Nobody in the t2 wants to play in that environment.

P.S Please stick Devona's Rest in t4, thank you.

Ahhh. So that must have been all Linked players streaming out of BGs keep last night when an equal force showed up to oppose them. I highly doubt that Mag players would have run like that.

It's good that in the new system teams will be able to control their alliances. That way only PPK focused people will be in an alliance together.

Wonder what happens when that type of an alliance gets paired with a PPT focused alliance?

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Ahhh. So that must have been all Linked players streaming out of BGs keep last night when an equal force showed up to oppose them. I highly doubt that Mag players would have run like that.

I was talking about sunday night, I wasn't on last night so no clue what happened.Mag also runs without a commander for long periods, their pugs will run when things break down like any other pug, not everyone is dumb enough to get run over.My comment about running was more to the guilds that run zerg-blob size and hesitate to fight. Only group that's hard to fight is Tsym, and only because they run a map queue of scourges and firebrands.

Groups of ppk and ppt people exist on same servers now, not much is going to change with alliances, cept "Mag" players will be surrounded with more ppters.If T1 wants to hold on to the same boring T1 as it is until alliances come in, be my guest.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Ahhh. So that must have been all Linked players streaming out of BGs keep last night when an equal force showed up to oppose them. I highly doubt that Mag players would have run like that.

I was talking about sunday night, I wasn't on last night so no clue what happened.Mag also runs without a commander for long periods, their pugs will run when things break down like any other pug, not everyone is dumb enough to get run over.My comment about running was more to the guilds that run zerg-blob size and hesitate to fight. Only group that's hard to fight is Tsym, and only because they run a map queue of scourges and firebrands.

Groups of ppk and ppt people exist on same servers now, not much is going to change with alliances, cept "Mag" players will be surrounded with more ppters.If T1 wants to hold on to the same boring T1 as it is until alliances come in, be my guest.

I think your point of 'no one wants to get run over' is well taken Xen. It was my point as well. It always seems like no one is ever on when things happen.

Again, it's on every server. Some just won't admit it.

Archived