Did Guild Wars 1 have any enemies that could make portals?

Toolbox.9375

• 2 weeks later...

Lore wise or gameplay wise? in the lore a good number of things could make portals in gw1 (Murssat could make portals in the cut scene at the end of thunderhead keep their was a Murssat portal) and game play was there was a few including glint, the Undead Lich (with the scepter of Orr). In Cantha shiro could as well as Kanaxai ( or his minions). Nightfall had a few portals mostly by Abandon and his minions . Eye of the north had Asura. Sadly no ranger pets in GW1 can make portals.

GW1 is still running. I'm waiting for my summoning stone to recharge as I write this... Who'd have thought that Vanguard missions in pre-searing would be that tough?

As to portals... well that is the very last thing that is almost unique to Mesmer. Please, don't take that too. ( shattering doesn't count, it's just a very slow burst.)

@Ithilwen.1529 said:GW1 is still running. I'm waiting for my summoning stone to recharge as I write this... Who'd have thought that Vanguard missions in pre-searing would be that tough?

As to portals... well that is the very last thing that is almost unique to Mesmer. Please, don't take that too. ( shattering doesn't count, it's just a very slow burst.)

I earned Legendary Defender of Ascalon before it was made easy. They should have ported that to GW2 via HoM.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Jason.5983" said:The Mursaat. I'm still miffed they haven't brought the race back.

"The mursaat were capable of establishing great fortifications of dark jade—magical defenses and portals—"

It's very hard to bring a race back from extinction in a world where resurrecting a single individual is hard work.

Wasn't too taxing for the Commander!

Could Livia's words and the so called extinction just not true? :(

It was Commander's hard work to resurrect themselves that I was referencing with "where resurrecting a single individual is hard work"

As for the extinction not being true - I actually talked about that with Linsey Murdock during One Path Ends' release, and she confirmed to me that the Eye's disintegration is evidence of the extinction of all mursaat. Not sure if I screenshotted that bit.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:It was Commander's hard work to resurrect themselves that I was referencing with "where resurrecting a single individual is hard work"

As for the extinction not being true - I actually talked about that with Linsey Murdock during One Path Ends' release, and she confirmed to me that the Eye's disintegration is evidence of the extinction of all mursaat. Not sure if I screenshotted that bit.

Is the Mursaat extinct everywhere or just on Tyria? Cause from recent lore we have learned of other worlds and the mists and the Mursaat were known to make portals and mess around with the mists (Spectral Agony).

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:It was Commander's hard work to resurrect themselves that I was referencing with "where resurrecting a single individual is hard work"

The story with the Eye of Janthir is a bit loose. Lazarus was long since dead aside from the aspects. Don't try tell me the Eye can sense that Lazarus will be resurrected, because that's kind of absurd. Even more absurd than the idea of some Mursaat kicking around the Mists, far away from Tyria and the old titan attack. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is one hell of a race to flush down the toilet. They are somewhat the most sophisticated and interesting antagonists, and I find the only time we have had a more interesting enemy, is when we are fighting one of the gods (Abaddon more so, Balthazar... was somewhat of a strange occurrence, aside from some of his vengeful dialogue right at the end).

One of the earlier themes of the game, certainly prevalent in the PS is the rise of new ways over old - ie the rise and reliance on new technology. Granted the older races had their own technologies, but there is something fitting in terms of this theme to see the old races die away and be replaced by the new in this cycle. So whilst it is a shame to see the Mursaat (like the Seer and Forgotten before them) gone, it does at least fit with one of the background narratives.

Archived