Should I make an ascended marauder set?

Applesauce.5271

I already have a viper's set and want to get into wvw but I still need to make either zerker or marauder for my power specs [heavy armor btw] was wondering if I could cut some corners and just run exotic marauders for wvw since I already have the ascended trink versions of it.

As above, anything you need will be fine exotic and trinks ascended. I would only make an ascended set for something you use constantly. For example, I zerg Rev and Scourge for fun, but 80% of my time is roaming and creeping the edges of the zerg on marauder holo. So I went ascended for that. It does give a nice boost, but unless you are dueling or roaming outnumbered you shouldn't need it.

No ascended armor is really a must have in wvw, unless youre into GvG or care about minmaxing stats. I agree with the previous commenters, make exotic armor (or, even better, just run some reward tracks which have selectable stat armors such as legacy, triumphant, crystal desert-crystal desert cannot be salvaged tho) and experiment with those. Wvw can be played with exotic armor just fine. Happy gaming!

You should always go for ascended if you can get it. There are several reasons...

-Stat advantage-Ability to add infusions-Can change stats anytime, so unlike exotics you wont need an entirely new set each time. You can simply change the stats on any piece at any time.-Can use ascended on other toons, unlike with most exotic gear.

Personally speaking, Marauders is always a good choice, the extra precision and vitality are very useful.

First of all ascended armor is not madatory in WvW, specially playing in groups. Ascended jewelry (which is fairly easy to obtain) and weapons had priority.Now, if you already have an ascended viper set for condi or hybrid damage builds then probably you shoul aim towards zerk as your next ascended armor set. The reason is that you can easily swap stats in you jewelry towards more tanky builds if you want (marauder, knight, etc.) but doing that in the armor is more expensive, and there's some scenaries (as roaming or certain PvE fractals/raids) in which going full zerk can be more useful.

Also, if you plan to get the WvW legendary armor in the future and you arleady have a ascended one from the WvW rewards don't swap the stats: that changes the properties of the piece and you don't longer will able to use that one to turn it into a legendary one (sames as happens with the ones from PvP).

Archived