whats the most fun condi class currently?

silverfox.1056

I've recently exhausted myself making several different builds for power and support/healing capabilities. I've found a lot of interesting synergies with different types of builds and I was curious as to what the condition damage side of spectrum can offer. The only real condi-build I've tried is D/D condi-tempest, which I think has a lot of fun synergies and huge condi bomb potential with the Earth 5. The only down side is the obvious fact that you have to in extremely close range the pull off the necessary condition dps.

So my question is, is there a fun ranged condi spec? Or a more valued melee condi spec?To specify, I'm looking for something that could be considered equally viable in WVW and PVE content, I don't care so much about PVP.

So what does everyone recommend?

Hey I’ll chime in with the little bit that I know (which is very little) but for PvE I believe Condi Soulbeast is very good, not sure how it is in WvW. I think the Soulbeast uses shortbow and d/d with traps for utility. I was looking at it before the most recent balance patch and on snow crows the rotation seemed pretty straightforward. I didn’t pursue it because I still prefer power dps

For Pve, I've found condi berserker (warrior) and condi soulbeast the most fun and useful. Both are fairly easy to play and bring strong party buffs, with good dps, whilst also performing well if forced to attack at range with longbow and shortbow respectively.

The most fun is definitely a corruption/condi/reaper. Unfortunately, anet nerfed that into the ground to force people to buy POF, so even though it's a blast it's not viable.

A Burn Firebrand hasn't been mentioned. It can put out some jaw-dropping condi bursts, while also giving lots of party buffs. No good ranged option for it though.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Just doesn’t feel right anymore after Anet mucked up Confusion in PvE...Yeah i feel ya there. I understand where its coming from. Tho despite Anet reverting back to how torment and confusion ticks, its still one of the strongest pve condi builds these days. The confusion on the axe has been changed to torment. So that is your main condition now. Condi mirage can single handedly stack over 50 stacks of torment, which is building up the high damage. Guilds like [sC] benched around 35k dps with the build on a testing golem. Given how Torment (and confusion) function, or mirage itself mechanically works. You should easily out dps any other class in an actual case.

Long story short. Its still a very solid build.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Just doesn’t feel right anymore after Anet mucked up Confusion in PvE...Yeah i feel ya there. I understand where its coming from. Tho despite Anet reverting back to how torment and confusion ticks, its still one of the strongest pve condi builds these days. The confusion on the axe has been changed to torment. So that is your main condition now. Condi mirage can single handedly stack over 50 stacks of torment, which is building up the high damage. Guilds like [sC] benched around 35k dps with the build on a testing golem. Given how Torment (and confusion) function, or mirage itself mechanically works. You should easily out dps any other class in an actual case.

Long story short. Its still a very solid build.

Yeah I don't doubt it is still working fine. But not using the Mesmer condtion anymore just feels wrong and kills my desire to play the build.

I'm weird like that.

Archived