Pvp armor

Tyson.5160

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ArenaNet Staff

@"Tyson.5160" said:When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"Tyson.5160" said:When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?
2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

Thanks Ben, I take it will cost more ascended shards then the current ascended armor sets?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?
2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

Thanks Ben, I take it will cost more ascended shards then the current ascended armor sets?

We haven't decided costs quite yet, so hard to say.

@Tyson.5160 said:When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

Free? :D

-fingers crossed-

@shadowpass.4236 said:

-fingers crossed-

-fingers crossed-

Doubtful, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess double the current shards for the armor.

@"Sorem.9157" said:Sorry to be negative and pessimistic but

Does anyone actually like Glorious Armor for it to be invested time into?

Lol

Actually, if I'm being honest, I never really liked the Glorious Armor designs to begin with. The light version is bearable, but many of the armor pieces don't even match with each other. Nor do the many examples of over-design seem to perform any actual functions.

Take the medium one for example. These are my opinions and thoughts, feel free to agree or disagree.

1. Why is the helmet so bulky? It resembles a light bulb with fish fins on the side.
  2. Why are the shoulders so big? The spikes don't even go in the same direction as the ones on the helmet.
  3. The metal chest armor is wrapped in leather to protect it?
  4. Why are the gloves so big and round? If the other pieces of armor have spikes, why do these resemble puffy metal oven mitts?
  5. The legs and boots are fairly lackluster as well.

I was pretty disappointed to hear the new skins wouldn't be completely redone. FX treatments won't be enough to save the initial designs imo. If the new pieces are anything like the WvW ones, I will probably just end up getting the chest piece for the aura.

Will current legendary PvP armor unlock the new skin?, I would imagine it would considering the investment and the nature of it but you never know.

@"Tyson.5160" said:When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

Will I get this applied to my Legendary PvP armor? Seems we should get the FX reward for our much harder effort?

@bladezero.9470 said:

Will I get this applied to my Legendary PvP armor? Seems we should get the FX reward for our much harder effort?

Probably not, as the wvw armor can be upgraded using the 2 tier armor. Upgrading doesn’t give the mistforged triumphant armor

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Will current legendary PvP armor unlock the new skin?, I would imagine it would considering the investment and the nature of it but you never know.

If you base it on the wvw, we won’t be getting it for free, think of it as another goal to go for especially if there are FX

@Tyson.5160 said:

If you base it on the wvw, we won’t be getting it for free, think of it as another goal to go for especially if there are FX

But why would I make an ascended tier armor set if I have a full legendary set?

I don’t know how far you are with the design but I have a little suggestion.How about you turn the glorious armor into obsidian armor? Similar to the Gw1 one, I really miss this armor and it fits well to the obsidian weapon theme.https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_female_elementalist_Obsidian_armorfor example

@bladezero.9470 said:

But why would I make an ascended tier armor set if I have a full legendary set?

For the FX skin I suppose, I’ll probably get it eventually too.

@Felipe.1807 said:I honestly rather wait for another year or something and get a whole new set of armor than get the same skin with just a simple retexture...Glorious armor never worked for me, dont like the skin...

This. You did a whole new set for the PvE legendary armor, you didn't just take the illustrious set and added FX. Why PvP or WvW should be an exception?

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:I honestly rather wait for another year or something and get a whole new set of armor than get the same skin with just a simple retexture...Glorious armor never worked for me, dont like the skin...

This. You did a whole new set for the PvE legendary armor, you didn't just take the illustrious set and added FX. Why PvP or WvW should be an exception?

Honestly though, if you look at the PvE legendary armor, it looks like the Heavy set was the only one that they put effort into. I think most people don't like the look of the Medium and Light ones. It's honestly embarrassing that the most expensive sets of armor in the game looks like garbage.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

PVE legendary armor for starters was one of HoTs selling features bundled with raids(despite not getting dropped in until way later), and they even said before they weren't going to be making another set of unique legendary armor, after they dropped it in because of how much of a resource/development process hog it was. At least you get legendary tier armor(stat/rune swap) with existing skin touch ups and visual FX. If you haven't noticed PVE makes up a huge portion of your overall game population. I don't really think it's worth the time and investment of resources for anet to go through that process again for a even smaller and shrinking minority of the playerbase, especially with the current track record it has. Rather I'd want them to put resources into making a new mode that isn't conquest, and not poorly as implemented as stronghold.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:I honestly rather wait for another year or something and get a whole new set of armor than get the same skin with just a simple retexture...Glorious armor never worked for me, dont like the skin...

Well here take a boo at these. They are broken into 3 categories.

Raids:

Experimental

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Envoy_armor

Refined

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Refined_Envoy_armor

Perfected

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Perfected_Envoy_armor

WvW

Triumphant

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_armor

Triumphant Hero

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

Mistforged Triumphant Hero

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

The chest piece has this visual effect. Sublime.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sublime_Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero%27s_Raiment

Pvp

Glorious

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

Ardent Glorious

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ardent_Glorious_armor

Glorious Hero

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero%27s_armor

I think Glorious Hero will most likely have the FX on the chest piece, as the Wvw and pve both have effect on the chest piece.

These are not the illustrious armour reskinned.

The pvp armor touch up excites as I don’t like the dye job or look of the Envoy armor. I like my armour jet black and you can. never have that look with Envoy.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:I honestly rather wait for another year or something and get a whole new set of armor than get the same skin with just a simple retexture...Glorious armor never worked for me, dont like the skin...

Raids:

Experimental

Refined

Perfected

WvW

Triumphant

Triumphant Hero

Pvp

Glorious

Ardent Glorious

Glorious Hero

I think Glorious Hero will most likely have the FX on the chest piece, as the Wvw and pve both have effect on the chest piece.

Well but cant really compare Envoy T3 with Triumphant and Glorious T3 lol, they are just basic retextures, Envoy T3 is basically a whole new set, with combaat animations and everything lol...i just wonder how many people does Anet have working on these skins...I mean, I aint no expert on modelling 3d stuff, but I know people from the Skyrim mod community that can do all by thenselfs some really impressive stuff...high quality retex are done in less then a week, and Anet is taking more then a year lol what is happening?

@Felipe.1807 said:

Raids:

Experimental

Refined

Perfected

WvW

Triumphant

Triumphant Hero

Pvp

Glorious

Ardent Glorious

Glorious Hero

Well but cant really compare Envoy T3 with Triumphant and Glorious T3 lol, they are just basic retextures, Envoy T3 is basically a whole new set, with combaat animations and everything lol...i just wonder how many people does Anet have working on these skins...I mean, I aint no expert on modelling 3d stuff, but I know people from the Skyrim mod community that can do all by thenselfs some really impressive stuff...high quality retex are done in less then a week, and Anet is taking more then a year lol what is happening?

I’m personally not a fan of the Envoy, with the fact that armor is too shiny, I want abyss dye colouring and you get more of a grey. The animations also bug out. I was speaking with a guy in the pvp lobby about his Legendary Armor. He was using the heavy set and the helmet was not fully retracting, so he looked like a fox, when he was not in combat stance. I also don’t like the look of the armor itself. So I guess it depends what kinda of FX is being attached to the pvp armor as well.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:PVE legendary armor for starters was one of HoTs selling features bundled with raids(despite not getting dropped in until way later), and they even said before they weren't going to be making another set of unique legendary armor, after they dropped it in because of how much of a resource/development process hog it was. At least you get legendary tier armor(stat/rune swap) with existing skin touch ups and visual FX. If you haven't noticed PVE makes up a huge portion of your overall game population. I don't really think it's worth the time and investment of resources for anet to go through that process again for a even smaller and shrinking minority of the playerbase, especially with the current track record it has. Rather I'd want them to put resources into making a new mode that isn't conquest, and not poorly as implemented as stronghold.

The legendary PvE armor set is a reward only from raids but PvE people doing raids are a minority. That's where you have 'PvE people' that don't do raids and complain that they can't get a legendary armor. I am not asking for something similar to envoy but at least a new skin with 'some fx' shouldn't be that much of work.

Maybe I didn't put it correctly. It's like for people doing raids been offered a legendary set with the look of Illustrious armor and some flashing parts on it. How would they feel about it?

Archived