WvW Gear Systems - à la PvP Way.

What the title says, please and thank you.

The pro of adopting this systems for WvW1) encourages more players to play in WvW2) sell more armor skins: ie: Guild Armor skins. and various different skins to make one stands out in the combat fields.3) earn special Commander Armor skins (not sell on TP please) ie: For successful a) successful X camps flipped with at least 5 in squad. b) successful tower flipped ... so on and so forth.4) sell more weapon skins : ie legendary guild weapons skins (not the stats) specially made for wvw participation reward, for the remainder of the rank points.

Everyone welcome to discuss.thank youhave a nice day.

2) there are already guild/wvw skins3) there are already wvw armor skins for wvw currency4) there are already wvw weapon skins for wvw currency (albeit not legendaries)

1 sort of assume 2-4 doesnt exist so yeah... there is no need to "adopt the pvp system".

why would people invest more in skins with a pvp gear system? would you suddenly start to care how you character looks if you now dont?

and flipping camps with 5 people and more is not really something i would want anet to reward, already enough people grouping up for tasks easily soloable.

@MUDse.7623 said:and flipping camps with 5 people and more is not really something i would want anet to reward, already enough people grouping up for tasks easily soloable.

They already reward it. There is guild missions for camp captures.

Thats why I dont quite understand this thread. Everything already exist. Not the specific rewards perhaps, but the basic system is there. This would only be additional reward options.

Haven't seen this topic in a bit. Used to see it a lot.

Keep PvP as PvP and WvW as WvW. WvW'ers choose to WvW for a reason.

Build diversity is more prominent in WvW due to PvP's lack of freedom of build choices (incl food/tool buffs).

1.) While more people in WvW would be nice, turning it into full PvP def isnt the answer and would make the experience worse. I believe the restructuring is better suited for WvW than turning it into PvP.

2.) We already have special skins and legendary backpiece that can be earned.

3.) This idea is another that wouldn't work. While it would encourage more people to pop their tags, it also would be hazardous to WvW as a lot of ppl follow tags, thus in an inexperienced persons hands (which there would be a mass influx of) its dangerous to the environment. Also this would promote zerging/blobbing which WvW doesnt need more of.

4.) As mentioned, there are already WvW skins you can get off the TP. I am a firm believer that some things should be earned, not bought. I like having things I have to earn/make myself as it makes obtaining it that much better feeling. Due to this, my opinion may be a bit biased on this one.

I do appreciate the topic as I enjoy discussing valid (non trolly) ideas to make WvW better, even if the ideas are not beneficial for the mode, the thought is still thre.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:and flipping camps with 5 people and more is not really something i would want anet to reward, already enough people grouping up for tasks easily soloable.

They already reward it. There is guild missions for camp captures.

Thats why I dont quite understand this thread. Everything already exist. Not the specific rewards perhaps, but the basic system is there. This would only be additional reward options.

well i never understood why that guildmission has a requirement of at least 3 players , same with sentries etc.but if you get special commander armor skins as proposed for doing so, people will come from pve specifially for those skins and rotate tag. roaming groups will farm them in return wich for some of those might be a very bad first experience in WvW. generally i do think there needs to be a better introduction into WvW to get more people in there. alot of people go there once, get downed pretty much instantly and leave to never return. and this is not a matter of power creep, it has allways been like that to unexperienced people running wrong builds. those skins if they do look good might be a good way to get people to try WvW, but we need better ways to actually give them a good first impression before we start with those skins.

I’d rather have balance be more closely aligned between WvW and PvP, that’s where it matters. For most issues with balance are either common to both WvW (small or large scale) and PvP or a change can be made which doesn’t affect the current viability/non viability of a skill/trait in the other area.

As far as gear: I wonder if for toons with a WvW rank below 100, there could be some 'starter exotic armor' available for WvW with certain stat combinations: Maybe it would work like the level 80 boost thing with the gear that is non-salvagable, account bound. With a limited set of runes.

It wouldn't be required, nor would it impact the build diversity for the rest of the mode or players.

But it might allow some learning flexibility for new players into WvW without them only coming in on Full glass gear,

Yes, I know exotic is cheap and base stats are available from the vendors in WvW, but it may allow for some experimentation for new players.

Archived