Nerfs to Condi mesmer still required

Zero.3871

Last Balance patch is out. We all get "wished" underwater rework....

but i was missing the catch up on mesmer condi nerfs. because mesmer was the only class that didnt get nerfed at 12.12. Balance patch, where anet reduced condi stacks on every class EXCEPT mesmers. and i still see that mesmers apply 10 stacks of burning, torment and 15 stacks confusion in 1 sec. thats far beyond what any other class is able to do and should get fixed. cause its an instant 6+ k dmg ticking burst + confusion that rape you if you activate anything else than condi removals.

finally eles, guardians, necros , every class..... get nerfed while only mesmer stay unchanged. anet decided condis should be dmg over time and reduced burst capacity of condis, but mesmers have still condi burst that is higher than some classes power burst. its simply unbalanced atm.

To be fair they did remove confusion from all shatters and loaded it up on F2 only when you spec Illusions for Cry of Pain minor. The only way you get confusion on every shatter now is Blinding Dissipation (which only procs blind from the player in melee range) + Ineptitude. Sure the synergies/combos here and potentially with things like Riddle of Sand, Jaunt and axe 3 can add up, but confusion isn't as spammable as it used to be.

Torment on the other hand... I'm not sure what/if/how Maim the Disillusioned can/can't/should/shouldn't be modified given I haven't used it in a long time. It could be as simple as reshuffling trait positions to force choices between things in order to break up synergies, but it's difficult think of all the outcomes.

Regarding axe, I believe Axe is not a problem/doesn't need nerfs (if anything it could do with further quality of life improvements) - axe 3 is easy to dodge/requires setup and baiting out cooldowns in order to land successfully so it's a good skill, axe 2 often has to be cover casted with a dodge or the player is vulnerable to eat damage, and the often the ambush can be avoided. Strangely they buffed axe ambush torment duration in the recent patch by removing the skill split from pve, but I think it's fine given the ambush doesn't reliably hit all the time.

Scepter needs buffs, no question - outside of a 1v1 it doesn't scale well compared with other mesmer weapons. The ambush is also weak.

Staff ambush is arguably very strong, although equally easy to avoid the pink ball at range, perhaps some tweaking could be done to durations.

Now I agree Torch burn burst is strong and could be scaled back - reduce stacks and increase duration so it's not such a deadly nuke when covered with torment/bleed/confusion/etc - and if they do this they should also reduce iMage base cooldown to 25s because even with the phantasm changes it is the highest cooldown weapon phantasm skill (not counting shield because there you get the chance for a second block and also alacrity to speed everything up) which doesn't warrant a 30s cooldown. I'd rather have reduced burn stacks for longer but with lower cooldown on torch 5 so it can be used slightly more often.

Overall there could stand to be careful adjustments to several things because it's not such an easy problem to identify a single source, given the many trait/skill synergies and interactions.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Israel.7056 said:Where does the ten stacks of burning come from?

plus
with
traited will do ten stacks of burning.

Ook so this is like perfect conditions everything lands kind of scenario

More a matter of timing it so that both skills apply their burning at the same time.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

@Israel.7056 said:Where does the ten stacks of burning come from?

plus
with
traited will do ten stacks of burning.

Ook so this is like perfect conditions everything lands kind of scenario

More a matter of timing it so that both skills apply their burning at the same time.

Sure but there's a lot of wombo combos in the game if we assume everything lands at the same time and nothing gets cleansed.

I think mesmer is just more annoying to play against because it often seems to come out of nowhere and if they miss they just peace out until their cds are back up so it feels cheap.

Panic is the #1 killer not the condi mes. Landing axe skill is not very hard. Kinda like saying landing Mirror blade from stealth is hard. Due to the popular play of 1 shot GS mesmers most people panic when they get opened up by a mesmer and spam skill then they notice the 30+ stacks of confusion on them all the while running in circles with 20+ torment a random burn tick from 3-6k and if they manage to get that cleared off they are getting loaded up with 10-13 stacks of a bleed and some more confusion. If all that fails like a thief the mesmer can just be like okie dokie see ya again in 20 seconds and stealths kites away. Non the less thief is still a counter and a decent condi xfer necro will eat a mesmer alive. I tested a condi build most of this week and got away from my normal Powerblock build and the lawlz of the spike dmg that the hit drop bomb and be back way out of range to saftey is stupid. Moral of the story is Condi mesmer will eat a scourge alive and screw Scourge

Agreed. I made a condi mirage to see if I can figure out how to beat them by playing as one.

Completely unbeatable in WvW. I can win any fight because if I even think it's going wrong I can blink away endlessly and escape. Honestly, nothing can touch it.

Does Anet even play their game?

They're killable. I know because I play Condi Mirage in WvW. Reaper, Daredevil, Holosmith, Spell Breaker, Scourge, Weaver, Ranger can easily kill them. Also Condi Mirage takes time to kill people.

The real problem are the power Mirages/Chronos.

Also Scourges still needs to be NERFED. ANET? WHEN ARE YOU NERFING THE SCOURGE?

Archived